Rumour Suns putting pressure on Jack to commit.

Remove this Banner Ad

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Rankine was always the player who was considered the flight risk.

The player you are referring to is the clown that went to the draft with a doctors certificate stating that he couldn't move interstate. I can't even remember his name.

Considering the talent that's been sucked out of Adelaide over the last 8-10 years, fully endorsed by a compliant and in some cases actively encouraged by a biased Melbourne media, I would personally embrace Jack home.

And let's face, WC were close to being the recipient of Tim Kelly last year. And for all I know may even pick him up this year.

Dead right your response was poorly worded. It was just a s**t post in general.
I wasn’t referring to the player you were mentioning, to be honest I’d forgotten about that.

I’m a little annoyed at players trying to bend the rules to stay in their own state. Whoever took that note into an interview should have been excluded from the draft imo. If you’re not ready to move anywhere, then you shouldn’t sign up for a national draft.

Tim Kelly included in that- and my club may end up being a recipient of him coming home, the situation annoys me greatly. Although I actually think he’s likely to stay now, given he’s a little more settled now.

If he doesn’t want to be there- the GC should trade him. My post was meant to be in general rather than about Jack, if you try to build a culture that is inclusive, how does it look when you’ve got a kid who’s seemingly trying to get out the year after he’s been drafted. I think it’s only fair you guys get one back every now and then.

And, given all the players you’ve had move to Victoria,

Also, if you’re going to post ^wtf at a post, at least have the balls to quote the poster. My post may have been ****, but that’s just as bad, to be honest.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer

The player you are referring to is the clown that went to the draft with a doctors certificate stating that he couldn't move interstate. I can't even remember his name.

Considering the talent that's been sucked out of Adelaide over the last 8-10 years, fully endorsed by a compliant and in some cases actively encouraged by a biased Melbourne media, I would personally embrace Jack coming home.

And let's face, WC were close to being the recipient of Tim Kelly last year. And for all I know may even pick him up this year.

Bailey Smith. Cited as 'mental health', but I've found out from the number 1 Bulldogs source out there that he just has OCD.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I wasn’t referring to the player you were mentioning, to be honest I’d forgotten about that.

I’m a little annoyed at players trying to bend the rules to stay in their own state. Whoever took that note into an interview should have been excluded from the draft imo. If you’re not ready to move anywhere, then you shouldn’t sign up for a national draft.

Tim Kelly included in that- and my club may end up being a recipient of him coming home, the situation annoys me greatly. Although I actually think he’s likely to stay now, given he’s a little more settled now.

If he doesn’t want to be there- the GC should trade him. My post was meant to be in general rather than about Jack, if you try to build a culture that is inclusive, how does it look when you’ve got a kid who’s seemingly trying to get out the year after he’s been drafted. I think it’s only fair you guys get one back every now and then.

And, given all the players you’ve had move to Victoria,

Also, if you’re going to post ^wtf at a post, at least have the balls to quote the poster. My post may have been ****, but that’s just as bad, to be honest.
I just opened AFL.com a few minutes ago to see a new article from Barrett. Apparently a series of clubs are chasing Brad Crouch, again. And apparently he's open to offers. As is, according to the media, Huge Greenwood, Eddie Betts, Alex Keath, Josh Jenkins etc. They are like a pack of vultures.

It gets bit tiring being an Adelaide supporter at this time of year when the media start loudly and publicly picking over your list. It sometimes feels like they come in shaking the tree for fun, and if someone falls out .. well woooohooooooo

There are a large number of first round picks from last year who haven't re-signed. Who cares.

The point of the OP is that GC were starting to pressure Jack to sign. Ben King at GC hasn't signed yet either. Is there any difference between pick pick 3 and pick 6.

And by the way, this is an open forum. Comments are posted 1 after the other. I am under no obligation to quote you directly, or anyone else for that matter. Sorry not sorry if you feel offended. Perhaps I felt the need to highlight a s**t post without feeling the inclination to get into a pointless game of posting tennis

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Considering the talent that's been sucked out of Adelaide over the last 8-10 years, fully endorsed by a compliant and in some cases actively encouraged by a biased Melbourne media, I would personally embrace Jack coming home.

Yeah the media here spend all their time actively plotting against the Adelaide Crows. #viccos

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just opened AFL.com a few minutes ago to see a new article from Barrett. Apparently a series of clubs are chasing Brad Crouch, again. And apparently he's open to offers. As is, according to the media, Huge Greenwood, Eddie Betts, Alex Keath, Josh Jenkins etc. They are like a pack of vultures.

It gets bit tiring being an Adelaide supporter at this time of year when the media start loudly and publicly picking over your list. It sometimes feels like they come in shaking the tree for fun, and if someone falls out .. well woooohooooooo

There are a large number of first round picks from last year who haven't re-signed. Who cares.

The point of the OP is that GC were starting to pressure Jack to sign. Ben King at GC hasn't signed yet either. Is there any difference between pick pick 3 and pick 6.

And by the way, this is an open forum. Comments are posted 1 after the other. I am under no obligation to quote you directly, or anyone else for that matter. Sorry not sorry if you feel offended. Perhaps I felt the need to highlight a s**t post without feeling the inclination to get into a pointless game of posting tennis

Rather than whingeing about clubs “poaching” your players..maybe you should be asking why players are lining up to leave it. I can tell you for certain that one of the players mentioned above cannot wait to get out and if he cannot find a trade will retire and play country footy rather than stay at the Crows

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
And they have a three week block in the middle of the season where momentum simply dies.
The current TV deal is not long of this world and whoever wins the next one will want more nights per week, not necessarily more games.
Gold Coast v Carlton on a Sunday afternoon or Richmond v Essendon on a Thursday night ???
Plenty of people tuned in each week before the Gold Coast entered the league - I don't think they would be overly missed.

OK, so the VFL wanted to grow into WA, they created a franchise which you support.

In order to grow the AFL in WA they created another franchise team in WA so that there is one home game in WA every week.

They are doing the same in Queensland and NSW as those are growth markets for them, there is not much more growth they can get out of Vic, WA or SA.

Whether the need for growth is actually needed is debatable but that is what they subscribe to. Even if the Suns folded (which they won't) they would simply put another team in QLD anyway.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Rather than whingeing about clubs “poaching” your players..maybe you should be asking why players are lining up to leave it. I can tell you for certain that one of the players mentioned above cannot wait to get out and if he cannot find a trade will retire and play country footy rather than stay at the Crows
Perhaps visit the club board. This has been a major topic of conversation, even during 2017.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bailey Smith. Cited as 'mental health', but I've found out from the number 1 Bulldogs source out there that he just has OCD.
Sure it wasn't Ben King? His family looked pissed when he was drafted to the Suns.

On the Ben King note, the Suns should.mobe heaven and earth to keep him from what I have seen of him so far. Can seriously play, will be a star for sure.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sure it wasn't Ben King? His family looked pi**ed when he was drafted to the Suns.

On the Ben King note, the Suns should.mobe heaven and earth to keep him from what I have seen of him so far. Can seriously play, will be a star for sure.

Will turn out to be the best of the twins in my view. They need to build there side around him

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
OK, so the VFL wanted to grow into WA, they created a franchise which you support.

In order to grow the AFL in WA they created another franchise team in WA so that there is one home game in WA every week.

They are doing the same in Queensland and NSW as those are growth markets for them, there is not much more growth they can get out of Vic, WA or SA.

Whether the need for growth is actually needed is debatable but that is what they subscribe to. Even if the Suns folded (which they won't) they would simply put another team in QLD anyway.
I would suggest the word Queensland gives every member of the current AFL Commission nightmares.
Great to see the Lions doing well again but I would wager my left one on the fact that there is more chance of Brad Scott not whinging on a daily basis than the AFL even remotely considering placing another team in Qld if the Suns were to fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I keep hearing on this forum that the Gold Coast is such a great club ands a wonderful place to live , far better than Tasmania :rolleyes:
Why would he not want to stay on the Mould Coast???

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
And not everybody wants to live in Tasmania.

"Tasmania has four distinct seasons with the warmest months being December to March.
The average maximum daily summer temperatures are between 17 and 23 degrees Celsius and winter daily temperatures sit between 3 and 11 degrees Celsius. "

I would suggest the simple solution is to absorb the best 30 players from the Gold Coast into the other 17 teams and adjust the fixture to allow more 6 day breaks / Thursday night games and a single bye each week solving the issue of the mid season 3 week bye period which is an absolute debacle.
Gee, thanks for doing the research on my own state for me. Never would have known what it's like to live in Tasmania without your assistance. And is it a problem to have 4 distinct seasons? Those figures you quoted are total BS, by the way. Averages in Hobart, for example, are 12 in winter, 22 in summer. Melbourne is 14 in Winter, 26 in summer. Launceston is 13 in Winter, 25 in Summer. Hobart, Launcestion and Melbourne are temperate cities. And nobody averages a whole state - it makes no sense to do that. Why would you include very tall mountain areas where there is no population in an average?

I lived in Melbourne for 25 years. It's not that much different in Hobart except the summers are more bearable. People who have never spent any time in Tasmania should keep their traps shut about it.

I never said everybody wants to live in Tasmania. Just that it's not a given that everybody would choose the Gold Coast over other places.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Pretty weird way to look at it.

Do the media 'shake the tree' and see what falls out, or do they have good sources and contacts and hear about the tree shaking?

99% sure it's the latter.

I also don't get your issue with the post from the Eagles supporter.
Literally the post can be summed up as
>if this rumour is true, perhaps it's the Suns getting in early as his trade currency is still very high if he has no intention of signing
>IF he is disgruntled and wanting to leave already, the best thing for the Suns is to get him out

And you go on banging on about it being a 'poor post' and how they are offended, when really it seems you've jumped at shadows?? Wtf??

Hairydawg

Senior List
Jan 26, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

As it relates to players providing medical mental health certificates to avoid moving interstate, we ain’t seen nothing yet. Expect 5 next year, going up towards 10% of the draft the year after that. And if they are signed off by a reputable doctor with their reputation on the line, then it needs to be treated as very real.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gee, thanks for doing the research on my own state for me. Never would have known what it's like to live in Tasmania without your assistance. And is it a problem to have 4 distinct seasons? Those figures you quoted are total BS, by the way. Averages in Hobart, for example, are 12 in winter, 22 in summer. Melbourne is 14 in Winter, 26 in summer. Launceston is 13 in Winter, 25 in Summer. Hobart, Launcestion and Melbourne are temperate cities. And nobody averages a whole state - it makes no sense to do that. Why would you include very tall mountain areas where there is no population in an average?

I lived in Melbourne for 25 years. It's not that much different in Hobart except the summers are more bearable. People who have never spent any time in Tasmania should keep their traps shut about it.

I never said everybody wants to live in Tasmania. Just that it's not a given that everybody would choose the Gold Coast over other places.
I actually find it far more bearable. Hobart and launceston dont get the high winds Melbourne get and so you miss that wind chill factor. It is the wind that makes cold temperatures unbearable.

Will turn out to be the best of the twins in my view. They need to build there side around him

Doubt he’ll be there long enough.
He’ll get to the Saints. Maybe not end of this year, but I can’t see him extending his initial contract.

Silly choice by the Suns. Identical twins and lifelong Saints supporters. One’s there already, the other will be there in the not too distant future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back