News Suns to ask for Pick 1 as a priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

More draft picks, better draft picks, better initial on-field leadership and coaching, better facilities, better list management.

If you go through the comparisons GWS were given a lot more concessions to start with and also there under age pre selected picks produced way better players in Treloar and Cameron.

A couple of points.

The SSP and Mid Season Draft is stripping all the best State league talent before the end of the season draft.

As Gold Coast are finding out, most of the blokes they recruited from the State leagues and traded from Richmond and Geelong are garbage because they are being asked to perform above their abilities.

These were blokes who were fringe best 22 players as mature players. The weren't asked to carry a team at their old clubs, but play a role. They're not up to the role Gold Coast need from them.

Gold Coast has 2 mature players on it's list who might come close to being considered A grade. David Swallow and Jarrod Harbrow.

They need 3 to 6 genuine A-B grade mature players who would be in that 6 to 12 range on most lists in terms of quality. Players who can actually help carry a team.

Another Anthony Miles or George-Horlin Smith isn't going to help.
Think the only thing that will work is to ban poaching from them for three years with some extra in the salary cap to compensate the players for this. Allow them 3 years to build a team then review the situation from there

Confirmed
Trade radio announcing that gold coast have received.
19th pick in 2019
11pick in the 2020 draft and
19th pick in the 2021 draft
Not sure how I feel about this

Sorry went to early - they do get pick 1 and 2 plus others. see below.
I now feel angry about this. Too much

Last edited:
I know how I feel about this.

Bad enough we give them one pick this year for rampant mismanagement but to bake it for three drafts now is inexcusable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And suns will still botch it up.

Logical reason would have been to fold GC and the AFL to admit it hasn't worked.

250000 juniors playing the game in QLD, it will take time for that to be converted to supporters, but hey if you invest it will happen just a matter of when

I think SA has 80000 juniors

or Tassie with 30000

IF the AFL want to grow its going to take investment and time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back