Suns to play in Darwin, replacing Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it’s your comprehension that isn’t great read a post in full before getting on your high horse I said you posted I didn’t say it was your opinion re the suns topic as I already know where you stand on the suns as for them taking on the nt zone to get more talent in I don’t think it’s a great idea having groups of young indigenous players based on a party strip is a recipe for diaster really ahhchee and Bennell two examples the wa and sa clubs would be much better placed to take on that zone and as for there not be much talent coming through in the territory it’s the Same as Tasmania the AFL have had tunnel vision only putting resources into nsw and Queensland now were seing the results in the under resourced areas!
What do you know about the Ah Chee situation? As far as I know he has had heaps of injury issues and outside of the game issues that has nothing to do with drug and alcohol related things.

Also, I hear Perth has clubs and bars and drugs as well, can't possibly send them there either. You know there is more to the GC than that Square mile of filth known as Surfers Paradise. Hell, I have seen more drug use on a night out on Chappel Street than in Broadbeach.

They better drop the membership cost by 10% for one less game. But thats least of my concern with this. Ffs we need 11 games at home.
I can understand the frustration at not being able to see your team live as often, but sometimes less is more when the fanbase isn't really there yet. Maybe people on the coast are less likely to skip a game when they know there are fewer of them. And it helps build a bigger fanbase in other regions. I guess they thought it was helping GWS increase their fanbase and develop their academy zone, and thought this might do the same for the Suns.

I can understand the frustration at not being able to see your team live as often, but sometimes less is more when the fanbase isn't really there yet. Maybe people on the coast are less likely to skip a game when they know there are fewer of them. And it helps build a bigger fanbase in other regions. I guess they thought it was helping GWS increase their fanbase and develop their academy zone, and thought this might do the same for the Suns.
But our crowds , given all that has happened, have held up quite well and if we had the success that gws have had i have no doubt we would have 15-18k members and crowds of 18-20k.
Gws havent had these types of crowds so has it actually worked for them?

In saying that they clearly have canberra as part of their future. Otherwise they would be called West Sydney. We are different. We are gold coast.

Do you want the Darwin zone, giving you an extra zone over all other clubs?

Do/did other teams play matches in their zones?

Kangas do. Gws do. Rest do usually in jlt

Again, you are getting an EXTRA zone, this is a benefit above all other clubs today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangas do. Gws do. Rest do usually in jlt

Again, you are getting an EXTRA zone, this is a benefit above all other clubs today
Im happy to play our two jlt games there. And heck go up in bye week and do some clinics etc. but we need home games at home.

Im happy to play our two jlt games there. And heck go up in bye week and do some clinics etc. but we need home games at home.
And Melbourne do, and Bulldogs do

If you want only jlt, give up one of your current zones so you have parity with the rest of us

Difference with those teams (other than gws) is that their home based supporters can still see 11-12-13-14 games at home in melbourne. Suns fans will be down to 9 on the gold coast.

And they pay extra to see those games

You want an extra zone, do you legit think you get an advantage over the rest of the comp with zero buy in from you?

You have a chance to do with Darwin and FNQ what gws is doing in Canberra, and you need it, because medium term you need to broaden your appeal beyond just the narrow confine of the GC. Unlike Freo and port, you cannot afford to make Brisbane the defacto Qld state side

What do you know about the Ah Chee situation? As far as I know he has had heaps of injury issues and outside of the game issues that has nothing to do with drug and alcohol related things.

Also, I hear Perth has clubs and bars and drugs as well, can't possibly send them there either. You know there is more to the GC than that Square mile of filth known as Surfers Paradise. Hell, I have seen more drug use on a night out on Chappel Street than in Broadbeach.
We’re in my post did I mention anything about drugs or alcohol?

Very strange trying to compare this to gws situation Canberra is a lot closer to western Sydney then Darwin is to Gold Coast big reason why gws get good support there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back