Game Day Suns v Dogs. At games end, will we be singing Katrina And The Waves or George Michael?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of astral phenomena, these are SunDogs. Quirky and obtuse maybe, but apt for today's game.

1626484442957.png

The ancient Greeks said that Zeus took his dogs for a walk across the sky. The central sun is Zeus, secondary suns are "sundogs". Go the Dogs!

(Thought I'd sneak in a teaching moment before our respective brains snap shut at around 4:30. ;))

Until I saw this thread. I'd paid such little attention to the lead up of this game that I had no idea it was on today.

I just assumed it was the s**t Sunday afternoon slot. Not the s**t Saturday one.

If Bruce can be a serviceable second ruck today this could be our finals forward line. How very exciting. Would love to see English spend more time pushing back to help defenders to give space for the new three headed monster up forward, especially as we’re a little short down back.

If Bruce can be a serviceable second ruck today this could be our finals forward line. How very exciting. Would love to see English spend more time pushing back to help defenders to give space for the new three headed monster up forward, especially as we’re a little short down back.

This seems crazy to me and there is 0 evidence that JUH is in our best forward line for the finals. He has literally played 1 game and never kicked a goal.

In fairness you are not the only one trying to shoe horn JUH into our finals team. I want the kid to be the next messiah too.

Surely, on the available evidence this year, our best forward line is Naughton/Bruce/English with Martin in the ruck. We have played our best footy this way and it should be our finals side subject to injuries.

I hope JUH plays well today and is the next star of the competition, but I have seen nothing yet to suggest that he is ready for September this year. Happy to be proven wrong, as this would be a great selection quandary to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if it is the same further up North but massive winds here on the Nth Coast of NSW. Biggest i've seen in 20yrs of living here.

Can anyone on the gold coast confirm?

This seems crazy to me and there is 0 evidence that JUH is in our best forward line for the finals. He has literally played 1 game and never kicked a goal.

In fairness you are not the only one trying to shoe horn JUH into our finals team. I want the kid to be the next messiah too.

Surely, on the available evidence this year, our best forward line is Naughton/Bruce/English with Martin in the ruck. We have played our best footy this way and it should be our finals side subject to injuries.

I hope JUH plays well today and is the next star of the competition, but I have seen nothing yet to suggest that he is ready for September this year. Happy to be proven wrong, as this would be a great selection quandary to have.

I like him as a Hannan/Wallis replacement. I think he’s better suited to the third tall than they are to the mid sized forward role. I have been happy for them to wait to pick him and have no designs on him being the messiah, simply that this could be the right mix for us; especially as Martin can’t get on the park, Sweet is out of form and Schache can’t make the step up. We need to stop team’s intercepting us so easily and I do see Hannan and Wallis as part of the problem. Not tall enough to make a proper impact in the air and not fast enough to make up ground to the intercepting defender.

I think JUH with Bruce and Naughts is plan B. There is a risk Martin will get injured and Tim may need to be our primary Ruck. Bevo want to play the 3 talls up forward so wants to see if it can work. I for one would hope this is Bevo’s logic but with Bevo you never know.

It's ******* windy up here on the GC today. Windiest day in a long time. App on my phone says meant to die down a bit by 4pm. We shall see. Might help our goal kicking.

Our mids won't know what to do with the ball being fed down their throats. Suns have zero rucks, English will have a field day

I like him as a Hannan/Wallis replacement. I think he’s better suited to the third tall than they are to the mid sized forward role. I have been happy for them to wait to pick him and have no designs on him being the messiah, simply that this could be the right mix for us; especially as Martin can’t get on the park, Sweet is out of form and Schache can’t make the step up. We need to stop team’s intercepting us so easily and I do see Hannan and Wallis as part of the problem. Not tall enough to make a proper impact in the air and not fast enough to make up ground to the intercepting defender.
I think JUH with Bruce and Naughts is plan B. There is a risk Martin will get injured and Tim may need to be our primary Ruck. Bevo want to play the 3 talls up forward so wants to see if it can work. I for one would hope this is Bevo’s logic but with Bevo you never know.

I think plan A is Martin plays ruck and English forward/ruck but it is all dependent on Martin being available.

If we get 6 solid games out of Martin at the back end of the season and finals, it could be one of the most inspired recruitment choices of our club.

IMO, Martin is much more likely our wild card come finals time than JUH.

Martin is more required for our finals push than JUH.

Hopefully JUH shows enough that he could be used as the medi-sub during finals. That would be a wildcard we could use if he can show some x-factor traits in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back