Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole player development argument is interesting. I can't think of too many players that have left us and become better players at other clubs. That questions the calibre or style of player we draft or recruit.
Caddy is probably the only one, and a bit of that would have to do with playing in a gun team.

Insipid performance , as someone said we shouldn’t be accepting these performances still after 8 years , only good to come out of today was Touk , Ainsworth , watching Fitzroy Greenwood and Will Powell tear it up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Before becoming a Suns fan in 2013, I had heard the word “insipid” once or twice in my life; now I see it almost every week.

Ho hum - Weller plus Ballard for pick #2 for the millionth time = value

Weller...I call him the invisible man. I expected a lot more from him.

It’s getting tough to justify the late nights here in Canada. I will always be a Suns fan but it seems I put in more effort than many of the players some weeks.

Tough to watch so many disposals, so few tackles.

If we could add 4 star prime age players to the team with some combination of running hard both ways, leadership, tackling, making good decisions and kicking, we might have something.

Would love to see Jack Martin in a really good team.
And a few of our role players. Tough to shine as a role player in the dim light from our Suns at the moment.

Still, a new day brings some positives.
We did score in the 2nd quarter.
We are 2nd in reverse order %.
We had as many inside 50's as tackles.
Our clangers were way down, on account of not having the ball to clang with.

ahhh well that sucked - some random thoughts

- Thought Holman was actually clean and hit targets (other than that right Forward flank blunder where we had numbers advantage)

- Don't know how Cal AhChee can miss an easy little banana in the first 5 minutes - surely our fwds should be practicing that regularly and be able to hit it 90+%

- Hopefully Steve is ok to go next week but that ankle looked quite nasty ?ligaments maybe

- I'd bring Peter Wright back in and play Sam Day back if May out.
- No idea who is going to play on Jeremy Cameron next week :drunk:

Still fuming

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As you should be.....our crowd numbers were up last night, I reckon 11000 Suns supporters to 6000 lowly pathetic Cats, the vast majority who would be residents of the GC, Human vomit of the lowest form...but I digress.

So many of those 11000 that were there to support the Suns last night saw a game that lasted one quarter and then watched a dreary humiliation of our fine Community. A lot of them probably aren’t at all motivated to return anytime soon.

Just a horrendous night for the Suns and the AFL.

And despite our team struggling and having massively bigger attendances than what GWS and Tasmanian games attract out come the many thousands of inbreds that Say fold the club.

The inbreeding factor of people that say that means their brain can’t cope with the most basic of numeric facts.

Tanking is alive and well
It’s an interesting point, if we are then I can only assume the club knows Lynch is going and wants to get as low as possible on the ladder to take the compo. If this is the thinking and I must say I do think it is then it is self defeating as a losing culture will see more players ask to leave

As you should be.....our crowd numbers were up last night, I reckon 11000 Suns supporters to 6000 lowly pathetic Cats, the vast majority who would be residents of the GC, Human vomit of the lowest form...but I digress.

So many of those 11000 that were there to support the Suns last night saw a game that lasted one quarter and then watched a dreary humiliation of our fine Community. A lot of them probably aren’t at all motivated to return anytime soon.

Just a horrendous night for the Suns and the AFL.

And despite our team struggling and having massively bigger attendances than what GWS and Tasmanian games attract out come the many thousands of inbreds that Say fold the club.

The inbreeding factor of people that say that means their brain can’t cope with the most basic of numeric facts.

The constant calls from other clubs’ posters to fold really shits me. It’s out of control on the main board.

To me it is akin to an injury troll except you are wishing for the death of a club rather than player / person.

Question for our Mods SUNS exile can we get bans for this type of behaviour? I know you can get carded for simply referring to North as Norf, yet calling the Giants and us fake clubs, and wanting our demise is seemingly ignored.

The constant calls from other clubs’ posters to fold really shits me. It’s out of control on the main board.

To me it is akin to an injury troll except you are wishing for the death of a club rather than player / person.

Question for our Mods SUNS exile can we get bans for this type of behaviour? I know you can get carded for simply referring to North as Norf, yet calling the Giants and us fake clubs, and wanting our demise is seemingly ignored.
The AFL will listen to Evans who is overseeing this complete rebuild rather than nuffies on the main board.
If we had 7000 at the game yesterday I’d be worried, but 17490 shows the interest is there.
Stay away from the Twilight Zone which is the main board. Strange things happen on there.

Fantastic point....on the one hand you get all these people getting upset over celebrating an injury which in the grand scheme of things is nothing BUT if you call upon and try and have an entity actually MURDERED then no problems at all.

Come on exile and SUNS take up the cause.
It happens every time we have a bad defeat and it won’t stop anytime soon...I’d say it will go on for at least another 5 years unless something is done.

Death Trolling is unacceptable.

it's out of our control on the main board, i would say. you get what you expect when you go there, especially when we aren't playing well. 17 other team's supporters laying s**t into us. if it leaks onto our board there'll be action, but i doubt there'd be much traction if we pushed for that sort of ban sitewide. would probably cause us more issues unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL will listen to Evans who is overseeing this complete rebuild rather than nuffies on the main board.
If we had 7000 at the game yesterday I’d be worried, but 17490 shows the interest is there.
Stay away from the Twilight Zone which is the main board. Strange things happen on there.

What I don’t like is the newspaper comments that just jump on us which probably has got a decent number of Lemmings reading and being influenced by. I’m quite active in commenting in the newspaper comment sections and I really am Robinson Crusoe in getting badly outnumbered some help from any of you with subscriptions would be appreciated.

Before 17er carries on about how he wouldn’t spend money on Murdoch etc I got my subscription for free through my workplace.

What I don’t like is the newspaper comments that just jump on us which probably has got a decent number of Lemmings reading and being influenced by. I’m quite active in commenting in the newspaper comment sections and I really am Robinson Crusoe in getting badly outnumbered some help from any of you with subscriptions would be appreciated.

Before 17er carries on about how he wouldn’t spend money on Murdoch etc I got my subscription for free through my workplace.
24-7 media requires stocking filler articles to fill their papers. The journos of today aren’t getting scoops from clubs like they did previously. That’s why we get the rehashed stories about Lynch leaving, old farts like Malthouse & Mathews trying to stay relevant with the Tassie push etc. It’s clickbait and the dopey Victorian fans buy it up.
I hit the online media comments a fair bit down here in Victoria. Rarely do they post mine as I am critical of the journo or refute their BS.

The commentators were at least fair to us, roos in particular . Pointing out no matter what the scoreline suggests we are in a better place than we were in previous years. We weren't terrible in all facets, just we lack the skill level to execute some of the ideas.
Definitely need some bigger more experienced bodies in the midfield

I don't get the hate. Long term I think the gold coast will work. Plenty of afl people.
Still think North Melbourne stuffed up royal not relocating. Faffing around in Canberra and Tassie etc.
That said, as a pies supporter I'd more likely follow a start up like the sun's over a relocation team if I lived up there.
How did Witts go?

I don't get the hate. Long term I think the gold coast will work. Plenty of afl people.
Still think North Melbourne stuffed up royal not relocating. Faffing around in Canberra and Tassie etc.
That said, as a pies supporter I'd more likely follow a start up like the sun's over a relocation team if I lived up there.
How did Witts go?
Not bad consider his price , but some of his tap is to teammates advantage, no complain .

The commentators were at least fair to us, roos in particular . Pointing out no matter what the scoreline suggests we are in a better place than we were in previous years. We weren't terrible in all facets, just we lack the skill level to execute some of the ideas.
Definitely need some bigger more experienced bodies in the midfield
Really not sure regarding more experienced bodies in the midfield , if you watch NEAFL with Barlow and Lyons in the team they still struggle with skill error. If you take both to AFL , you got a bunch of kids with no leader playing in NEAFL.

Yeah the Main Board has deteriorated to near Bay 13 levels in recent years. I was about to post a reply to our terrible culture etc. but refrained. Thanks for the advice SOA.

it's out of our control on the main board, i would say. you get what you expect when you go there, especially when we aren't playing well. 17 other team's supporters laying s**t into us. if it leaks onto our board there'll be action, but i doubt there'd be much traction if we pushed for that sort of ban sitewide. would probably cause us more issues unfortunately.

No worries - understandable. Will keep defending our home turf rather than taking the fight elsewhere. Will adopt a “Locals Only” Burleigh Board Riders approach... :cool::D

Fighting amongst ourselves is really uncalled for at this point in our clubs history.

Lets face it the entire club has been an embarrassment since 5pm last night. We're digging deep looking for positives after last night and it was so bad it cant just be swept under the rug.

We need a strongly worded apology to the gold coast community and then immediate action to see the club fixing whatever went wrong last night.

I wouldn't be suprised to see someone get sacked but dont think there is anyone left to sack.

Fighting amongst ourselves is really uncalled for at this point in our clubs history.

Lets face it the entire club has been an embarrassment since 5pm last night. We're digging deep looking for positives after last night and it was so bad it cant just be swept under the rug.

We need a strongly worded apology to the gold coast community and then immediate action to see the club fixing whatever went wrong last night.

I wouldn't be suprised to see someone get sacked but dont think there is anyone left to sack.
I think assistant coach will be the area they will look at , Richmond did it and won a flag

I think assistant coach will be the area they will look at , Richmond did it and won a flag

53f4be6b8e8d8577f8d6af744c209838

I felt like jumping the fence and head butting Prescott and Primus when they strolled off after 3/4 time.
Has enough of them. Might be good blokes etc but they haven’t produced improvement in whom they coach.

Fantastic point....on the one hand you get all these people getting upset over celebrating an injury which in the grand scheme of things is nothing BUT if you call upon and try and have an entity actually MURDERED then no problems at all.

Come on exile and SUNS take up the cause.
It happens every time we have a bad defeat and it won’t stop anytime soon...I’d say it will go on for at least another 5 years unless something is done.

Death Trolling is unacceptable.

My contribution to the cause Mr Bods ...

WE ARE NOT PLASTIC.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back