Game Day SUNS v Lions at Broadbeach

Remove this Banner Ad

Posted this in the Bowes thread too but,

How long will Bowes project as a back prospect? Is it just to get him into the team or does he have long term potential in this position, vs playing pure midfield? Dynasty fantasy league question.

Posted this in the Bowes thread too but,

How long will Bowes project as a back prospect? Is it just to get him into the team or does he have long term potential in this position, vs playing pure midfield? Dynasty fantasy league question.

Haha would have gone the fantasy thread.

But will be a midfielder long term. Potentially the best pure midfielder out of this draft

Aaron Hall can definitely get it, runs like the wind but he can butcher it like nobody's business - against a good team his turnovers would have cost us multiple goals. I want him on our team but if we are going to be a challenger for top 8 he needs to clean that up.

Who said Matera would hold his spot until the bye? I saw someone in the 32 jumper impersonating an AFL footballer for the last 6 years - today he squibbed it in the air, on the ground, taking possession under pressure and when asked to lay a legal tackle - and then he couldn't take any of his opportunities in front of goal - plus he is too small, not athletic enough and doesn't work hard enough and if anyone wants to PM me I'll tell you how I really feel about him.

Loved Fiorini - he's a cut above and Hanley and him are the guys you want the ball in their hands when you need to hit up that final pass into the 50

Day is a big loss in terms of giving us flexibility to cover the loss of any key position player in a game. But also we were trying to shoehorn him into a 3rd forward role when it simply makes the forward line too top heavy. A player with the attributes of Jarrad Grant is more suited to the 3rd forward role. Today Grant was good and is now in the frame for Rd1 - unlike Matera he didn't squib contests and he even went after Frost for what he did to Matera, that's the sort of mongrel and team love I want to see from every player who pulls on the jumper.

P.S. Saw Taranto play for GWS yesterday - it will either be him or Fiorini who wins the rising star

Funny thing that, 6 pages of posts about the game and not 1 had mentioned Fiorini until after I did. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back