Game Day Suns v Us - 7:40pm - either my time or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Fog is better when he roams because the match up is easier.

He can out body a sub 190cm 90kg guy.

Struggles against a key defender.

Nothing to do with our mids.

Fog is a good footballer. Just not a true key forward.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You think the key defenders are not allowed to leave the 50?

I’d prob go a little bit harder at Fog than Burgess guys 😂

One is a genuine AFL talent and the other been a very good VfL player over last 2 years

Both will improve next week

Ben King goes more than ok and hardly touched it …and he wasn’t playing on Glenn Jackovich

I’d prob go a little bit harder at Fog than Burgess guys 😂

One is a genuine AFL talent and the other been a very good VfL player over last 2 years

Both will improve next week

Ben King goes more than ok and hardly touched it …and he wasn’t playing on Glenn Jackovich

I dont think I'd bother going at either of them.

Can someone point me to the kicks in the first three quarters that allowed a decent contest for the key forwards?

Fog is better when he roams because the match up is easier.

He can out body a sub 190cm 90kg guy.

Struggles against a key defender.

Nothing to do with our mids.

Fog is a good footballer. Just not a true key forward.

Fog is better up the ground because instead of being on the receiving end of shitty Laird/Keays/Murphy/Sholl/Smith kicks, he's the one doing the kicking

Fog played well did he ?

I’ve consistently said I prefer Murphy over Ned and Cook and that he’s one of last picked

Over time that’s probably stood up , Ned probably deserves a crack as his pre season is as pretty decent , I’m not really a fan . Murphy was below par , not hopeless

Cook is miles off

We actually need a pressure guy with speed up there and don’t really have one on the list

Give Ned a go

No need to carry on like a primary school kid ‘ told ya , told ya ‘

Yeah I told you stuff too
Nothing to do with told ya told ya.

You’ve been critical of posters who wanted Murphy out, now you want him dropped after a game. Surely you can accept that warrants comment.

As for Fog, he played better as the game went on, still wasn’t great but no key forwards were. Still don’t know why you’re even trying to bring him into it when he’s clearly been a decent player the last couple of years.

Yeo him and Murphy were probably my worse 2 tonight

Enough to drop Murphy and hope that Fog improves

Hinge stepped up as a leader despite poor form in pre season and fog needs to do same next week
Fog is best 22. Secondary key forward.

We just need someone else to be the key forward leader. Provide a reliable target up forward.

Right now that is Tex.

Debatable if Thilthorpe can be that guy too.

Mitch Lewis at Hawthorn has a similar issue.

Watch the actual contests you are talking about, on the wing/HF and back.

No key defender followed him, probably rolled onto Burgess.

Oh right. If he loses his player with work its because he's weak.

Totally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you reckon they would have done tonight?
Well we were screwed with Walker and Thilthorpe both out. I don't know. Play Fog at full forward and surround him with Rankine Rachele, Pedlar. They could have played Himmelberg who i cant stand but he is ok at rucking which woukd have allowed us to play ROB up forward more as he can mark. The big mistake imo was not playjng Soligo and Keane. Would have played Curtin if he was fit too. We coud have maybe tried Curtin up forward who can also mark.

So let’s pile on to all the big guys when tonight was a little man’s game
Exactly

All we need is an effort and intensity from big guys and will to compete and run

Even Ben King didn’t do much

Effort and intent is non negotiable though , lots of our players didn’t have it . The ones that did had it in spades

Exactly

All we need is an effort and intensity from big guys and will to compete and run

Even Ben King didn’t do much

Effort and intent is non negotiable though , lots of our players didn’t have it . The ones that did had it in spades

Wait, how can you say exactly when you were one of the people piling on?

Oh right. If he loses his player with work its because he's weak.

Totally.
He struggles to get in front of his defender up Forward.

With Tex and Thilthorpe playing not as big an issue.

Plus he provides no real leadership up forward.

I don't think Fog is a bad Footballer. I still like him.

But he has not shown he can be the main key forward. That is his limitation.

Many have suggested Thilthorpe be the roaming forward. Nick Riewoldt type.
In actual fact, Fog is quite well suited to that role.

As tonight showed. His best work was in that role.

Going forward, Thilthorpe needs to put his big boy pants on, be that final point key forward. Use his 203cm frame, crash packs take high marks. With the bonus he is good at ground ball.level.

Fog, be the traditional CHF. Operate around the 50arc. He is good at it.

He struggles to get in front of his defender up Forward.

With Tex and Thilthorpe playing not as big an issue.

Plus he provides no real leadership up forward.

I don't think Fog is a bad Footballer. I still like him.

But he has not shown he can be the main key forward. That is his limitation.

Many have suggested Thilthorpe be the roaming forward. Nick Riewoldt type.
In actual fact, Fog is quite well suited to that role.

As tonight showed. His best work was in that role.

Going forward, Thilthorpe needs to put his big boy pants on, be that final point key forward. Use his 203cm frame, crash packs take high marks.

Fog, be the traditional CHF. Operate around the 50arc.

There is absolutely no insight to be gained from whether key forwards can play in particular ways from games where our midfielders didn't put the ball within 25m of them

Quite a few posters had Burgess the equal of TT in the short term. What's that say about our pick 2 starting his 4th year?

I'm hardly surprised though.

I'd bet that most of the people who were rating him most probably hadn't even seen a minute of him playing until tonight.

It's that just something that some of our supporters do, it's the same as what happened with Dean Gore, Jackson Hately etc.

They think that if the Crows trade in someone that they must be half decent and hype them without ever seeing them play.

Wait, how can you say exactly when you were one of the people piling on?
I said Fogartys work rate in second half was very good even though he didn’t do much and that’s acceptable given conditions , ( he also copped a couple of bad kicks in that 2nd half period when in right spot and providing a good option) …

his first 40 mins completely unacceptable , only a complete fan boy or relative would say anything different

First 40 mins , no possessions tackles or involvements , barely saw him on the screen

I also said don’t be too harsh on burgess , didn’t think he was hopeless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back