Game Day Suns v Us - 7:40pm - either my time or not

Remove this Banner Ad

I said Fogartys work rate in second half was very good even though he didn’t do much and that’s acceptable given conditions , ( he also copped a couple of bad kicks in that 2nd half period when in right spot and providing a good option) …

his first 40 mins completely unacceptable , only a complete fan boy or relative would say anything different

First 40 mins , no possessions tackles or involvements , barely saw him on the screen

I also said don’t be too harsh on burgess , didn’t think he was hopeless

You're walking back your last statement.

He played better when he moved up the field, which reveals the real problem.

It wasn't the forwards.

Nothing to do with told ya told ya.

You’ve been critical of posters who wanted Murphy out, now you want him dropped after a game. Surely you can accept that warrants comment.

As for Fog, he played better as the game went on, still wasn’t great but no key forwards were. Still don’t know why you’re even trying to bring him into it when he’s clearly been a decent player the last couple of years.
We had about 10 substandard players of which Murphy and Fogarty were 2

Just bringing up hypocrisy, yes Murphy will play again , a bad game amongst about 10 blokes you’ve been waiting for all summer doesn’t mean ‘told ya’

Sholl is a poor fit for our squad and there are not many other AFL teams he would get a game for .

Laird and Crouch are a crap combination for the centre square.
They offer no drive in unison and are a liability on the defensive spread .

Murphy had a shocker and even though he gives his all he is not best 22. He provides good depth and there are certain games he can be effective but he should be on the outside pushing in.

Twas a rubbish first 3 quarters but it is only one loss and at least we woke up albeit little too late . We need to come out breathing fire next week .
No excuse.

I like Matthew Nicks , good bloke , drives the team pretty well but is he a premiership coach ?
Possibly ..... Probably not .

The very best coaches have that edge , an ability to cut through in communication and stir the desire of the individual and group in various ways and at different times .
They command respect not demand it.

And generally they are a little different upstairs , deep thinkers , lateral and decisive in risk strategy .

Adam Kingsley has it in spades .
Those lads would run through a brick wall for each other and him .
That intensity rarely waivers .
He is Tough , Fair and Positive with an open emotional connection with his troops .

We are not there yet mentally or consistently and that is the job of the Coaches to instill within the group that battle ready mindset and complete belief in themselves and teamates .
Does our coaching group have the ability to inspire that ?

We will know at the end of 2024 .
Or possibly by Round 15 .

Sholl is a poor fit for our squad and there are not many other AFL teams he would get a game for .

Laird and Crouch are a crap combination for the centre square.
They offer no drive in unison and are a liability on the defensive spread .

Murphy had a shocker and even though he gives his all he is not best 22. He provides good depth and there are certain games he can be effective but he should be on the outside pushing in.

Twas a rubbish first 3 quarters but it is only one loss and at least we woke up albeit little too late . We need to come out breathing fire next week .
No excuse.

I like Matthew Nicks , good bloke , drives the team pretty well but is he a premiership coach ?
Possibly ..... Probably not .

The very best coaches have that edge , an ability to cut through in communication and stir the desire of the individual and group in various ways and at different times .
They command respect not demand it.

And generally they are a little different upstairs , deep thinkers , lateral and decisive in risk strategy .

Adam Kingsley has it in spades .
Those lads would run through a brick wall for each other and him .
That intensity rarely waivers .
He is Tough , Fair and Positive with an open emotional connection with his troops .

We are not there yet mentally or consistently and that is the job of the Coaches to instill within the group that battle ready mindset and complete belief in themselves and teamates .
Does our coaching group have the ability to inspire that ?

We will know at the end of 2024 .
Or possibly by Round 15 .
We looked really under prepared for conditions and intensity of a round 1 game tonight , nicks has to take some responsibility for that

They hear a bloke kicked a lot of goals in a state league side and they think he's good. Our recruiters got sucked into drafting Rowe for that reason. It's embarrassing.
To be fair it’s hard to find depth players that cost nothing that come in and dominate games , no gun player is coming in on lowish contract to come in and be depth Thilthorpe Tex and Fog

All we need is a contest and some goals occasionally and to be better than Himmelberg

I'm hardly surprised though.

I'd bet that most of the people who were rating him most probably hadn't even seen a minute of him playing until tonight.

It's that just something that some of our supporters do, it's the same as what happened with Dean Gore, Jackson Hately etc.

They think that if the Crows trade in someone that they must be half decent and hype them without ever seeing them play.

I've seen plenty of him at Gold Coast and I'm confident he's a better player than Himmelberg.

He's not really AFL level, he's a depth player, but he's generally reliable to play a role, clunk a few marks, compete and do some ruck work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re a fan boy or relative and that’s ok

He didn’t touch the ball , lay a tackle , do anything at all for 40 mins

That’s completely unacceptable

You were claiming, three posts ago, that you weren't critical of the bigs in this game.

You'd have to gain territory to ever be a halfwit.

I'm hardly surprised though.

I'd bet that most of the people who were rating him most probably hadn't even seen a minute of him playing until tonight.

It's that just something that some of our supporters do, it's the same as what happened with Dean Gore, Jackson Hately etc.

They think that if the Crows trade in someone that they must be half decent and hype them without ever seeing them play.
So you would have played Himmelberg

To be fair it’s hard to find depth players that cost nothing that come in and dominate games , no gun player is coming in on lowish contract to come in and be depth Thilthorpe Tex and Fog

All we need is a contest and some goals occasionally and to be better than Himmelberg
It was just a comment on people not managing their expectations properly. I'm not hanging the bloke yet. I don't rate Himmelberg and I've made that pretty clear before.

I’d prob go a little bit harder at Fog than Burgess guys 😂

One is a genuine AFL talent and the other been a very good VfL player over last 2 years

Both will improve next week

Ben King goes more than ok and hardly touched it …and he wasn’t playing on Glenn Jackovich

Better next week?

If Tex is back on Friday and Burgess is still considered as "best 22" then I think we have real problems.

You were claiming, three posts ago, that you weren't critical of the bigs in this game.

You'd have to gain territory to ever be a halfwit.
I wasn’t critical of them re goals marks etc

Just of one and lack of involvement in first 45mins . You know the guy in leadership group you have a badge of that didn’t touch ball or put on a tackle or bump in first 45 mins of game

Also gave credit for improvement in effort after first 45 mins despite not being able to influence much with goals marks etc due to weather, ball movement poor delivery etc etc

Control what you can control in a game as an individual

Get your Fog coloured glasses off , they’re fogging up

I wasn’t critical of them re goals marks etc

Just of one and lack of involvement in first 40 mins . You know the guy in leadership group you have a badge of that didn’t touch ball or put on a tackle or bump in first 45 mins of game

Also gave credit for improvement in effort after first 45 mins despite not being able to influence much with goals marks etc due to weather, ball movement poor delivery etc etc

Control what you can control in a game as an individual

Get your Fog coloured glasses off , they’re fogging up

Deranged rambling.

Pick a position and stick to it. You're not critical, except for all the stupid criticisms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back