Game Day Suns vs Crows, R3 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with Fogarty is that he's a third tall forward, and we're trying to play him like a key forward. We need to be playing an actual KPF or two so that Fogarty can excel under the strength mismatch he has against most third defenders, rather than being beaten time and again under long balls by genuine KPDs that match his strength and exceed his reach.
Key forwards don't grown on trees though who's to say Thilthorpe won't be ruck/forward in the mold of Jenkins. That's still not a Key Forward.

Is Baldwin a pure key forward?

Key forwards don't grown on trees though who's to say Thilthorpe won't be ruck/forward in the mold of Jenkins. That's still not a Key Forward.

Is Baldwin a pure key forward?

No matter how hard people try this argument, it's always false.

Jenkins is a KPF. He is taking up one of the spots for a tall forward. He is judged by those metrics. The only question there is he a good KPF?

Yep. This is where we learn everything we need to know. Some guy on 5aa on the drive home suggested Mackay and Gibbs should come back in (surprised he didn’t mention Hartigan). If Nicks does that, I’ll have a very hard time watching another game this year.

Im worried for Nicks. What is showing is the old Crow disease of players (senior) not fully 'buying-in' to his coaching. And it's only game 3. Hope to he'll I'm wrong.

Im worried for Nicks. What is showing is the old Crow disease of players (senior) not fully 'buying-in' to his coaching. And it's only game 3. Hope to he'll I'm wrong.
I think that's unfair to Nicks. I think our senior boys spirit died a little in Jul 2015, mostly in September 2017 (and completely shortly thereafter).

I think that's unfair to Nicks. I think our senior boys spirit died a little in Jul 2015, mostly in September 2017 (and completely shortly thereafter).
Can you see any evidence of a game plan or structural set ups.....As hard as I try I'm buggered if I can, at least when Pyke took the reins you could see he had a game plan i.e run and gun, draw the opposing defenders up the ground then fast ball movement to an open forward line. With Nicks thus far I see nothing, hold onto the ball too long then kick it up the line to mostly an outnumbered contest seems to be the playbook.

Can you see any evidence of a game plan or structural set ups.....As hard as I try I'm buggered if I can, at least when Pyke took the reins you could see he had a game plan i.e run and gun, draw the opposing defenders up the ground then fast ball movement to an open forward line. With Nicks thus far I see nothing, hold onto the ball too long then kick it up the line to mostly an outnumbered contest seems to be the playbook.

I have similar concerns but IMO I believe he is still feeling his way around the club and his players abilities so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt ATM.

Combine that with a bunch of witches hats running around in AFC jumpers and I don't think you could see a gameplan if we were the only team on the park.

I'm not saying Nicks is the cause here. I'm feeling sorry for him because the same old Crows PLAYER behaviour is maybe showing. And I'm sick of it.
One thing for sure is that no one at the AFC is happy. Get gone Chapman and I'm beginning to think Roo as well. We have been steadily destroyed from within. And I'm sick of it.

Was pick 1 and 2 ever on the table for the crouch boys? Imagine how it would have looked for the crows with him in their colours towelling up the crouch brothers last weekend

Was pick 1 and 2 ever on the table for the crouch boys? Imagine how it would have looked for the crows with him in their colours towelling up the crouch brothers last weekend
Not even in anyone's wildest dreams.....and although you'll never get the AFL to admit it you'll never convince me or a lot of others the express purpose the GCS were given the priority was so they could draft the 2 lifelong amigos Rowell and Anderson

Not even in anyone's wildest dreams.....and although you'll never get the AFL to admit it you'll never convince me or a lot of others the express purpose the GCS were given the priority was so they could draft the 2 lifelong amigos Rowell and Anderson
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but would you have made that trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point isn't whether Adelaide were willing to (and it never crossed their minds). GC were never interested in it.
The fact that it never crossed their minds is concerning - sometimes you have to give a little to start with for long term benefits - maybe this wasn’t an option - but the long term trade off would have be decent

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but would you have made that trade?
Why would we if the AFL didn't give the GCS the priority pick we'd have had whoever the GCS didn't want out of Rowell and Anderson and none of the horse trading would have happened.

The fact that it never crossed their minds is concerning - sometimes you have to give a little to start with for long term benefits - maybe this wasn’t an option - but the long term trade off would have be decent
Sorry, but the AFC deals with the real world - not the PlayStation AFL trading game.

Both were required players, who were contracted for 2020. The chances of either of them being traded was slightly less than that of my Grandmother opening the batting for the Australian Test Team.

Sorry, but the AFC deals with the real world - not the PlayStation AFL trading game.

Both were required players, who were contracted for 2020. The chances of either of them being traded was slightly less than that of my Grandmother opening the batting for the Australian Test Team.
Were required or are required?
There are a few examples of missed opportunities with your club and the draft...

Were required or are required?
There are a few examples of missed opportunities with your club and the draft...
Let me repeat my statement - the AFC deals with the real world, not an AFL Playstation Trading Game.

They were (at the time of the 2019 trading period), and still are, required players.

LOL

Getting very chirpy Lions supporters these days....short memories.
Not a short memory here. Have achieved very little since a few good years in a row (along time ago)!
Just speaking from a point of view where we have had an exodus as well over the years... sometimes the ones your unsure of losing, end up being beneficial for you

from my point of view, one good year (quite unexpected to be fair) doesn’t make me chirpy

Not a short memory here. Have achieved very little since a few good years in a row (along time ago)!
Just speaking from a point of view where we have had an exodus as well over the years... sometimes the ones your unsure of losing, end up being beneficial for you

from my point of view, one good year (quite unexpected to be fair) doesn’t make me chirpy
Can't say I've seen you on this board before this year?

I haven’t been on for a while. On any board to be honest.
With all the talk in the media of the crows recently, I was curious about your thoughts.
from my point of view; you got Gibbs a year to late, should have used the draft hand you had to upgrade and grab rozee and last year potentially could have got a solid return for at a minimum one of the crouch boys

I haven’t been on for a while. On any board to be honest.
With all the talk in the media of the crows recently, I was curious about your thoughts.
from my point of view; you got Gibbs a year to late, should have used the draft hand you had to upgrade and grab rozee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back