Autopsy Suns vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmm... like receive all those top picks?
For a club establishing itself from zero the pick were necessary. But yet again, you've exposed your own ignorance because the Giants were given a far better entry into AFL and the contrast has been on show for the past 7 or 8 encounters between the 2 newest teams. GWS had more concessions, $3 million more in salary cap, a far better zone for Academy players and much larger list size to develop into the better club. Brisbane Lions were given so many advantages it is ridiculous. Freo received less than anybody and compared to the Suns they should be crying blue murder.

As someone who really wants Qld footy to develop and thrive I would just keep encouraging you to keep looking to the future and keep supporting your team. Things are going to be better for both the Suns and Lions in the future. It is just the present that is pretty tough.

Whatever support you can give to local football, do it. Because in the long run, against all the forces that both Queensland clubs face, it is growing the game locally that will eventually save us. There are potential superstars in our local comps in Under 10s, Under 8s - get more of them to draft age still playing the game and Queensland football will really start to produce the players we need.

Positive - the game is over.
Negative - not allow to be Pessimistic after 100 point trashing.

Makes you wonder what the head honchos at the AFL would be concerned about, our lack of competitiveness or GWS’ lack of a crowd. If we had a team like that we’d have Metricon packed to the rafters every game.
Given the large number of Victorian ex-pats on the Gold Coast, the abundance of disinterested f*ck-ups in western Sydney, and the strength of clubs like Southport, it's really hard to fathom why Gold Coast weren't given the same degree of start-up assistance as GWS. The game already has a foothold in your neck of woods, it will never take off in western Sydney.

Last edited:
Great effort today guys.. nearly got to 30pts. Hang in there :p

mate, you are 100% spot on with that observation.....and I applaud you for coming onto our board to post that.....but guess what, even after this round is over, we are still guaranteed to be one more WIN ahead of your mob.......

You have to stay positive.
Just need to rejig the list slightly.
Get what you can for Lynch.
Suns have some excellent players. I like Miller. Fiorini. Ainsworth. May. Witts is blossoming as a ruckman.
Just need a couple of midfield generals and a mature forward without spending mega $$$. Menzel. Wallis. Liberatore. Politely enquire about Jack Riewoldt and Darcy Moore and Jack Darling.

Shout out to Walross for climbing into the Suns Hate Thread on the AFL Main Board and defending us.
I was almost tempted to write in there but I really don’t need brainless losers who can’t comprehend basic numbers trolling me.
gave my 2 bobs worth too but there are a few level heads on there saying its a long game and will pan out ala The Swans

No idea. His form tapered off a little but he’s certainly not an orphan in that regard.
Dew wants him to dominate in the NEAFL before being picked, which he did yesterday.
Thank you. Was wondering if it was something else, as every game I’ve seen him play he’s been one of your better players.

Have a good week, and good luck next Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only positives for me at the moment is Ainsworth, who looks like he will develop into something VERY special.

I also really liked Ballard's game. There is just something there that looks very promising. I think he'll be a winger once he gets more size in.
Thank God we have Benny locked up for a few more years. I’d be promoting him to the leadership group ASAP like Touk to try to hang onto him because the Vic clubs will be throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Thank God we have Benny locked up for a few more years. I’d be promoting him to the leadership group ASAP like Touk to try to hang onto him because the Vic clubs will be throwing the kitchen sink at him.
It'd be a nasty situation of any of our contacted players start 'requesting' trades. Our previous captain is showing there's a real upside to that, and contracts mean pretty close to nothing.

Ainsworth would absolutely be attracting attention and whispers this far out. And as much as I hate the thought of it, I reckon Jack Martin's management would have engaged in a serious conversation or two.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I reckon that might have to become the official club position. Publicly stated, and mercilessly enforced.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Watch all these players suddenly having terminally ill grandparents who they must be near and the big bad Suns be portrayed through the media as heartless arseholes.

I'm sad. I'm also sticking fat. Sad to see some fairweather supporters showing their true colours and jumping ship.

Wish we could implant Touk Millers mind in to all our players. Dude has so much belief in us and can tell he is similar to me in believing loyalty is everything. Enjoy your future captaincy champion. He's our Nathan Jones even more than May.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back