Expansion SUNS want a priority draft pick in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

They need more help.

They executed poorly but they needed a slow burn advantage more so than a gazillion draft picks. I'd give them the end of 1st compo and NT zonal selection for 5 years.

Agreed Gold Coast is a large madrket. Maybe they might be like sydney afgter moving from south melbourne. Swans were a basket case, maybe the suns needed a little bit longer then the Giants, maybe they might turn into something like the Swans

Swans won 16 games in their 5th year and 15 in their 6th in Sydney. So they had early success and good teams to get the ball rolling. They also had rusted on South Melbourne supporters who stuck it out.

Much different era now given the draft concessions the Suns have received and the salary cap.

People should be very concerned about the Suns. Ill bet the AFL is privately very worried

Last edited:

Yep, a PP if they finish last, giving them 1 and 2 so they can draft the Carey boys (and good mates).

Also, some extra player and coach cap space. Need to make to work or get out of town.

Yep, a PP if they finish last, giving them 1 and 2 so they can draft the Carey boys (and good mates).

Also, some extra player and coach cap space. Need to make to work or get out of town.
Agree with this. Give it a proper go for half a dozen years with extra picks and cap space, if it’s still not working return to a 17 team comp.

Just wow. I’m stunned by this thread

Posters saying a club mired by administrative failure should be assisted regardless.

Despite unprecedented draft and salary cap concessions upon their arrival

Yet I’m sure many of the same posters believe clubs like St Kilda, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Carlton deserve to struggle year in year out despite their developments being stagnated by compromised drafts

If someone goes broke because they aren’t able to manage money, why would you give them more money?

Like I’ve said in another thread..
The amount of talent that has walked on that club is extraordinairy and that doesn’t even acknowledge the amount of young talent that could have been, but they failed to develop and that wouldn’t have been one or two.
It disgusts me that kids who have dreams and have sacrificed to achieve those dreams have been forced into an organisation that isn’t competent.
In about a year and a half Tom Lynch will probably have won more games with Richmond than what he won in 8 years at GC.
And they think that is in their best interests that getting the best talent is
the answer?
They should be held to account for failing to provide an enviroment to maximise and develop young men’s potential if people are forced sign contracts to stay there and commit an amount of a finite playing career.
Money isn’t enough to trade for someones opportunities in their life goals.
I’m sorry to the GC fans cause I’m having a go at the club but somethings got to change.
If a kid wants to be a carpenter and he’s apprentice of the year
It’s negligent to force that kid to go and learn from a carpenter who is a crap operator.

If someone goes broke because they aren’t able to manage money, why would you give them more money?

Like I’ve said in another thread..
The amount of talent that has walked on that club is extraordinairy and that doesn’t even acknowledge the amount of young talent that could have been, but they failed to develop and that wouldn’t have been one or two.
It disgusts me that kids who have dreams and have sacrificed to achieve those dreams have been forced into an organisation that isn’t competent.
In about a year and a half Tom Lynch will probably have won more games with Richmond than what he won in 8 years at GC.
And they think that is in their best interests that getting the best talent is
the answer?
They should be held to account for failing to provide an enviroment to maximise and develop young men’s potential if people are forced sign contracts to stay there and commit an amount of a finite playing career.
Money isn’t enough to trade for someones opportunities in their life goals.
I’m sorry to the GC fans cause I’m having a go at the club but somethings got to change.
If a kid wants to be a carpenter and he’s apprentice of the year
It’s negligent to force that kid to go and learn from a carpenter who is a crap operator.
You have absolutely no clue.

Swans won 16 games in their 5th year and 15 in their 6th in Sydney. So they ha early success an good teams to get the ball rolling. They also had rusted on South Melbourne supporters who stuck it out.

Much different era now given the draft concessions the Suns have received and the salary cap...
Yes, it sure was a different era.

What actually happened was that the Swans were so totally broke they were put for private sale by the league and sold to the good doctor Edelstein ... who then proceeded to buy half the best players players in the VFL and splashed further cash on hype and publicity eg Cappers music video. So for two years they were good on field and the crowds flocked in ... then the money ran out, the top players deserted the sinking ship, the adoring crowds soon deserted them as they sunk to the bottom of the ladder for nearly a decade and in one three year period they hardly won a game.

The Swans were then on the verge of extinction, and it was only the Carlton move to shut them down and play all its away games in Sydney instead, that motivated the other clubs to save them with special funding and recruiting allowances. This is what really happened and the Swans only survived because of the intervention of the clubs opposing the move by Carlton.

Because there's a never-ending list of morons like yourself who think you have everything figured out.

You don't know anything about what's going on at the Gold Coast, just an idiotic observer making idiotic assumptions.
Perhaps it’s the morons who hide behind an alt account that should be given the flick.
GC shouldn’t be given a priority pick.

Perhaps it’s the morons who hide behind an alt account that should be given the flick.
GC shouldn’t be given a priority pick.
Thankfully idiots like yourself won't be listened to. The AFL exists to push forward the interests of the competition, not braindead idiotic supporters like yourself.

Gold Coast will be getting Rowell and Anderson this November, it'll be a huge boost for them going forward, and I doubt either of them will be coming back to Victoria in the near future. I'm sure morons like yourself will be crying about it for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully idiots like yourself won't be listened to. The AFL exists to push forward the interests of the competition, not braindead idiotic supporters like yourself.

Gold Coast will be getting Rowell and Anderson this November, it'll be a huge boost for them going forward, and I doubt either of them will be coming back to Victoria in the near future. I'm sure morons like yourself will be crying about it for a while.
I don’t understand why your taking it so personally that you need to insult me.
I don’t want to see any club fail as equally as I don’t want to see any player fail.
The problems at GC aren’t about a lack of talent on their list at the moment or in the past

You are way out of line mate, how about you show a bit of respect and ease off on the insults, its an opinions board. If you don’t agree put your view across instead calling another poster an idiot. Poor poor form

You are way out of line mate, how about you show a bit of respect and ease off on the insults, its an opinions board. If you don’t agree put your view across instead calling another poster an idiot. Poor poor form
Not happening, idiot.

As long as Gralin keeps dictating this board and thread-banning people for questioning his club and protecting his fellow Hawthorn supporters, I'll show 0 regard for the rules or common decency.

Exactly, and the best interests of the AFL is to improve lists as soon as possible. Giving GC 2 18 year old kids will not do this.

They'd be far better off increasing their cap, and seeing if they can get at least 5 mature players up there to make them competitive ASAP.

Perhaps even offer clubs a relief on cap if they let contracted players go there, or similar.

Something needs to be done to assist them, I just don't know in what form that takes.

The AFL can't go on about wanting them to be successful long term if they spend 15 years being awful. They've not even been competitive in so many of their seasons, let alone impact finals.
Why. For every great club their has to be an sh** club. In our comp that is carlton and gold coast.

Extra salary cap (e.g keep Jack Martin)
Pick 1 this year and Rankine, Lukosius and King last year.
Wright, Weller, Bowes, Martin, Sexton, Brodie, Fiorini, Ainsworth, Ballard, Miller, Ah Chee, Powell, Witts, Swallow, Lemmens, Collins, Hanley is a good nucleus of players but they need experienced players in top.
Adding Rowell and Anderson instead of just one of them isn’t going to help for about 5 years, salary cap would help straight away.
Grab a Stephen Coniglio, Stephen Hill and Jamie Elliott and it starts looking better.

Harbrow ~ Thompson ~ King
Hanley ~ Collins ~ Weller
S.Hill ~ D.Swallow ~ Martin
Witts ~ Coniglio ~ Ainsworth
Rankine ~ Day ~ Sexton
Lukosius ~ Wright ~ Elliott
Miller ~ Bowes ~ Rowell
Fiorini

I’ve heard Hill is a good chance, more salary and someone like Elliot might come and also keep Martin.
Maybe Coniglio would be a pipe dream but even taking him out it’s a much better looking side than right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back