Sunshine Coast looking to relocate a Melbourne-based club

Remove this Banner Ad

the hawthorn sponsorship is a very lucrative one that only an idiot would turn away from. i was just pointing out richmond it self have been pretty self sufficient in recent years despite being crap for the past 30

Richmond are self sufficient - no question about that

But everything at Punt Road is B grade

Richmond are self sufficient - no question about that

But everything at Punt Road is B grade
How is everything b grade at puntroad? Because it has an old grand stand? Recent years they have spent millions in up grading the place as so has most other teams

Hawthorn hasn't spent a sent, just have a very favourable deal at Waverley thanka to the afl

How is everything b grade at puntroad? Because it has an old grand stand? Recent years they have spent millions in up grading the place as so has most other teams

Hawthorn hasn't spent a sent, just have a very favourable deal at Waverley thanka to the afl

Everything is B grade at Punt Road

Wasn't only referring to facilities

But as you did mention them, did you know that Punt Road Oval has the exact same dimensions as Etihad Stadium - that's B grade

Everything is B grade at Punt Road

Wasn't only referring to facilities

But as you did mention them, did you know that Punt Road Oval has the exact same dimensions as Etihad Stadium - that's B grade
Didn't they just build a new building and gym out at punt road! Just because the ground has an old stand there is nothing wrong with the place

At least they have something, up until now the hawks have spent next to zero on facilities, just expected every one else to pay for them

Didn't they just build a new building and gym out at punt road! Just because the ground has an old stand there is nothing wrong with the place

At least they have something, up until now the hawks have spent next to zero on facilities, just expected every one else to pay for them

Richmond are simply a B grade club: Facilities, staff, vision, marketing, you name it - it's B grade

What on earth has an old grand stand got to do with anything?

Richmond are simply a B grade club: Facilities, staff, vision, marketing, you name it - it's B grade

What on earth has an old grand stand got to do with anything?
Your claiming their facilities are b grade but cannot explain why?

The tigers have spent millions up grading punt road in recent years. The hawks get others to pay for theirs

The tigers have spent millions up grading punt road in recent years. The hawks get others to pay for theirs

I said EVERYTHING is B Grade about Richmond

You seem to think their facilities are A grade, as you are disagreeing with me

If you are doing a major facility upgrade then you should ensure you have created something that's in the top 4 facilities in the competition as everyone else will be trying to build something impressive

Lets start with their ovals

They have one - it is the exact dimensions of Etihad Stadium. Etihad Stadium is not their home ground. That's just stupid - even for Richmond. They could have picked up the Jack Dyer Stand, moved it back and built their new buildings in such a way that they had an MCG size oval there - but they went cheapskate on the facility. Tell me how many clubs don't have a training facility

Considering you are an Essendon fan, you should know Essendon have 2 ovals, one MCG size and one Etihad size - that sounds A grade to me. What do you think?

Feel free to explain anything about Richmond that you consider A grade. Medical department? Coach? President? Marketing? Song? Bingo - we've got one - they have an A grade song...

The Hawks plan to move to Dingley must be a secret for some.

I said EVERYTHING is B Grade about Richmond

You seem to think their facilities are A grade, as you are disagreeing with me

If you are doing a major facility upgrade then you should ensure you have created something that's in the top 4 facilities in the competition as everyone else will be trying to build something impressive

Lets start with their ovals

They have one - it is the exact dimensions of Etihad Stadium. Etihad Stadium is not their home ground. That's just stupid - even for Richmond. They could have picked up the Jack Dyer Stand, moved it back and built their new buildings in such a way that they had an MCG size oval there - but they went cheapskate on the facility. Tell me how many clubs don't have a training facility

Considering you are an Essendon fan, you should know Essendon have 2 ovals, one MCG size and one Etihad size - that sounds A grade to me. What do you think?

Feel free to explain anything about Richmond that you consider A grade. Medical department? Coach? President? Marketing? Song? Bingo - we've got one - they have an A grade song...

A grade, Richmonds VFL history .....

Well Im sure you are aware that the recent redevelopment at Punt Road was subject to grants from both the State and Federal governments then...

As for Hawthorn, well it aint no bowls club, and you most certainly are not good at this game

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-21/clarkson-gaming-dingley-hawk-president-opens-up

AB: Hawthorn is the one club that has never previously sought AFL assistance for its facilities.

RG: That's correct and we feel it's time. A lot of other clubs have had a lot more assistance and the AFL has acknowledged that. We'll have a sensible discussion and it's possible that Waverley Park will be part of that because I don't think the AFL would want to see Waverley lost to football. But let me make clear that raising money is a big issue but we're not going to send ourselves broke in the process. It's a big venue and will take more money to keep its doors open, so we'll have to be very prudent.

Last edited:
Anyway apologies to Tigers fans for so much Richmond in this thread

Maybe one day someone at Punt Road will aspire to have the Tigers as an A Grade club

And no, I can't see Richmond being relocated outside of Victoria

Back on the thread which is about a team based on the Sunshine Coast...

I reckon that's such a silly idea that Giesch or KB must have had something to do with

Anyway apologies to Tigers fans for so much Richmond in this thread

Maybe one day someone at Punt Road will aspire to have the Tigers as an A Grade club

And no, I can't see Richmond being relocated outside of Victoria

Back on the thread which is about a team based on the Sunshine Coast...

I reckon that's such a silly idea that Giesch or KB must have had something to do with

This board is supposed to be for industry and off field talk

Your "everything is s**t at richmond" posts have nothing to do with the thread, and are pure bay bait

If you wanna bag out the tigers, go to the right places to do it. Dont spam troll posts on this board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This board is supposed to be for industry and off field talk

Your "everything is s**t at richmond" posts have nothing to do with the thread, and are pure bay bait

If you wanna bag out the tigers, go to the right places to do it. Dont spam troll posts on this board
In his defense this off topic conversation started due to a richmond supporter making a troll comment about Hawthorn selling games to the Sunshine Coast at a time when Richmond had just finished selling games to the state of Queensland. But i agree the thread needs to get back on track... despite the fact that no one is selling games/ relocating to the Sunshine Coast anytime soon as i dont think they even have an appropriate venue for AFL up there

In his defense this off topic conversation started due to a richmond supporter making a troll comment about Hawthorn selling games to the Sunshine Coast at a time when Richmond had just finished selling games to the state of Queensland. But i agree the thread needs to get back on track... despite the fact that no one is selling games/ relocating to the Sunshine Coast anytime soon as i dont think they even have an appropriate venue for AFL up there

AFL Oval at Caboolture is about the closest proper AFL standard facility. Its down the road a bit but not too far from Caloundra, about 40 minutes drive.

AFL Oval at Caboolture is about the closest proper AFL standard facility. Its down the road a bit but not too far from Caloundra, about 40 minutes drive.
Is it AFL match point standard? or just preseason/ NEAFL. I couldn't see the SC attracting a bigger crowd then what Cairns or NT games get, but i must admit i dont know the area well or how people from the region feel towards Aussie Rules in general

Is it AFL match point standard? or just preseason/ NEAFL. I couldn't see the SC attracting a bigger crowd then what Cairns or NT games get, but i must admit i dont know the area well or how people from the region feel towards Aussie Rules in general

Im not advocating for SC team. Im just saying thats the closest AFL standard ground. Spectator facilities are pretty basic. Playing facilities are quite good
What the locals feel about the game clearly has no bearing on what the AFL do. Its probably better if they hate AFL footy. The AFL will then shove it down their throats.

Fwiw ive rallied against tiger trolls on this board too.

I copped a shitload of flak on the tigs board for calling out the tigs posters on the membership thread when it descended into a hawk/tigs fapfest, and agreed with the mods when they banned both supporters from that thread one season.

If i want to read a tigs/hawk bitch fight, ill go to the bay. This isnt the place

Unless the AFL is going to bank roll everything including building the stadium it won't happen. The Queensland government is broke, they won't be about to put $200m towards a stadium that services a second tier sport in the state. There is also the question of finding a suitable location. There aren't exactly an abundant number of places that can see this happen, so anywhere chosen would most likely have to be not already used for anything, meaning buying land.

Nice pipe dream, but honestly no chance of happening. People on Sunshine Coast care less for sport than the Gold Coast.

Unless the AFL is going to bank roll everything including building the stadium it won't happen. The Queensland government is broke, they won't be about to put $200m towards a stadium that services a second tier sport in the state. There is also the question of finding a suitable location. There aren't exactly an abundant number of places that can see this happen, so anywhere chosen would most likely have to be not already used for anything, meaning buying land.

Nice pipe dream, but honestly no chance of happening. People on Sunshine Coast care less for sport than the Gold Coast.

Great, No ground, no Gument handout, no community interest, Gil will start digging for a new ground now.

Then next, Wollongong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back