Super 14 Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Tahs. Give up a game they shouldn't as they try to make the finals. They are saved somewhat by the Crusaders gettig thumped by the Stormers overnight and having a tough run home but the Tahs were just out-enthused, out-worked and out-muscled really by a very good performance from the Highlanders pack. They really just couldn't stop them when they got on a roll using a very simple game plan.

Without Robinson and Kepu of course, but the scrum worked fine for most of the game with Palmer smashing Clint Newland. When Bronson Murray came on it tipped the other way it seemed, but that could have said more about how tired the Tahs pack were than Murray's ability.

Some good players out there in Waugh, Mumm, Palmer, Dennis, Mitchell and Beale but ont enough to combat the Highlanders and they lost deservedly.

How come this time of the year the Aussie teams always seem to stuff up, the aussies had a chance of at least 2 in the finals withQLD playing a home semi even ACT could have made it

The wheels have well and truly come off for the Reds. Probably won’t make the finals now.

Yep, season over. I have to say that I was puzzled at some of Lawrence's calls. The yellow card was overly harsh. Still, I am happy with the season overall.

Yeh the ref made some very dodgy calls both ways. Some very odd decisions indeed.

Reds after halftime just couldnt get that go forward that they need to allow Quade and Genia get them on the front foot. Just couldnt get the space and time they needed to go well and Canes did well to shut them down. Injuries have really hurt them in the forward pack with some big and tough players going down. When guys like Byrnes, Simmons, Weeks, Humphries, Braid can't play it makes it very tough for the wider running forwards like Higginbotham and Houston to do their thing as they have to play tighter to help out.

Tough for the Reds, i loved what they did this year but they will need some match results to go their way to make it now. Canes could come from the clouds to make it too.

Perfectly set up for the last round of the year with 1st playing 2nd, 3rd playing 5th and 4th playing 6th with the last 2 to determine who makes the 4. I'd back the Tahs to beat the Canes at home JUST in what should be a great game. I really hope the Brumbies get there as well but the Crusaders at home is a tough assignment. Sending George Smith out in a finals side would be appropriate.

Tahs were impressive last night against a disappointing and understrength Chiefs side. Berrick Barnes had a cracker and Mowen, TPN, McCutcheon, Mitchell, Turner and Beale all also had strong games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barnes showed why he will be at 10 or 12 for the Wallabies!

Gits was also impressive. I still have Cooper ahead of both at 10. His kick to put Chambers in for a try was brilliant. It is always good to have a number of quality 10s to chose from.

Which is why Giteau and Barnes will be the 10/12 combination. Cooper has been awful the last 2 weeks when the heat has been on. He makes poor decisions, short drop outs when they are ahead and low percentage passes. Perfect bench player though.

Which is why Giteau and Barnes will be the 10/12 combination. Cooper has been awful the last 2 weeks when the heat has been on. He makes poor decisions, short drop outs when they are ahead and low percentage passes. Perfect bench player though.

Both Barnes and Giteu were crap for the first 6-8 weeks. I know you don't like it, but I would go Cooper at 10 and Giteu at 12.

Both Barnes and Giteu were crap for the first 6-8 weeks. I know you don't like it, but I would go Cooper at 10 and Giteu at 12.

Pity I will be right when Deans names his squad and it will happen. Cooper will be on the bench. Does not matter what happeed in the first 6 weeks, it is who is in form NOW! Cooper has been terrible for the last 2 weeks!

Crusaders dominate Brumbies 40-17. Knocks out Brumbies and essentially knocks out the Reds as well. Reds would have to smash the Highlanders and the Bulls would need to smash the Stormers. Unlikely at best.

Tahs knock out the Canes, 32-16. Very well played by the Tahs. Had the better of the refs calls all night and the Canes got some questionable penalties against them, but didn't decide the game.

Mitchell, Beale, Barnes, Burgess, McCutcheon, Mumm, TPN and Tilse all had very good games. Especially impressed with Tilse's game.

McCaw was cheating again. Got penalised twice and should have been penalised twice more (playing the ball on the ground and going off his feet at the breakdown). I know 7s are supposed to push the laws of the game, but he is just an outright cheat.

Groan Brumbies :(

Ah well, that's my last season barracking for them. It has been a good tennish years, but now it's time to jump ship down south ;)

McCaw was cheating again. Got penalised twice and should have been penalised twice more (playing the ball on the ground and going off his feet at the breakdown). I know 7s are supposed to push the laws of the game, but he is just an outright cheat.

All great no7's are "cheats". McCaw is the best of them, but lets not pretend that Smith is little Mr Innocent!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back