Super 14 Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Reds yes. Brumbies won't make it with their draw and their form. I can see the top 2 being the Bulls (who will win the thing), Waratahs, Chiefs (look at their draw) and one of the Reds, Crusaders and Stormers.

Fair call.

But we didn't...

Y'know who did though? :D

Anyway, can anyone give me a wrap of the the Reds and Tahs games? Im away from home in a place without Fox.

Tahs were pretty comprehensive. Barnes played an absolute blinder- 2 or 3 linebreaks, set up a fair few of the tries. They had a snooze in the 2nd half but were always in control.

Reds were probably the better side, but one dumb move from Cooper cost them. They were LEADING 21-9 and he tries a short drop out..they score..then they score from the kickoff and after that the Reds were chasing the game. That is Quade Cooper..great in attack, prone to dumb errors in defence and that was one really stupid error

Cheers bombers.

Am watching the Reds atm and Digby, Genia and Quade all have to be in the starting XV for the Wallabies. They are truly scintilating. Ioane's ball skills have improved incredibly and Genia and Quade are lethal when they get quick ball.

Defence is questionable for Quade but his attack is just brilliant. Speaking of questionable defence, every time i watch Anthony Faingaa he misses tackles, he is going ok in attack but **** me he misses so many tackles.

What did bombers get red carded for someone?

Tahs were pretty comprehensive. Barnes played an absolute blinder- 2 or 3 linebreaks, set up a fair few of the tries. They had a snooze in the 2nd half but were always in control.

Reds were probably the better side, but one dumb move from Cooper cost them. They were LEADING 21-9 and he tries a short drop out..they score..then they score from the kickoff and after that the Reds were chasing the game. That is Quade Cooper..great in attack, prone to dumb errors in defence and that was one really stupid error

Cheers bombers.

Am watching the Reds atm and Digby, Genia and Quade all have to be in the starting XV for the Wallabies. They are truly scintilating. Ioane's ball skills have improved incredibly and Genia and Quade are lethal when they get quick ball.

Defence is questionable for Quade but his attack is just brilliant. Speaking of questionable defence, every time i watch Anthony Faingaa he misses tackles, he is going ok in attack but **** me he misses so many tackles.

What did bombers get red carded for someone?

Just watched the Reds vs Sharks and it is probably the best game of super 14 that I have ever seen. Reds lost 30 -28, but my god it was intense. Ioane was so close to scoring after the final siren. Still, we get 2 points. bombersno1 you are full of s**t. Barnes was solid at best. Cooper, however, was unbelievably good. Swans120 I agree that Faingaa missed a few tackles, but they were mainly on the monster forwards and he did take the ball to the line on numerous occasions. At the moment the Reds are the best Aussie team. Any other Aussie team would have been flogged by the Sharks when they are playing like that.

At the moment the Reds are the best Aussie team. Any other Aussie team would have been flogged by the Sharks when they are playing like that.

Have to agree. From what i've seen of the Reds they could beat just about anyone, and they have played and defeated some top quality sides playing this way. With Digby, Quade and Genia playing so well.

Tahs have been made to look good by their position on the table because they have played some average teams. Still have all the Kiwi teams to play and that will be tough, they will drop back. But at least they are winning and scoring tries. Cant be too unhappy with them really. If they can win 3 of their last 5 against Brumbies, Canes, Crusaders, Highlanders, Chiefs that will be a great finish to the year.

Can't wait to go to the Brumbies Tahs game, unfortunately it is out at Homebush, shittest stadium in Australia.

Highlanders: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Kenny Lynn, Jason Shoemark, Fetu’u Vainikolo, Mat Berquist, Jimmy Cowan (captain), Steven Setephano, Alando Soakai, Adam Thomson, Hayden Triggs, Josh Bekhuis, Clint Newland, Jason Rutledge, Chris King. Reserves: Jason Macdonald, Bronson Murray, Joe Tuineau, Tim Boys, Sean Romans, Robbie Robinson, Jayden Hayward.
Queenstown at 12.30pm (AEST)
Last meeting: Western Force 33 bt Highlanders 31 at Perth
Referee: M Jonker (SA)
TV times: Live, Fox Sports 3/3HD.
TAB Sportsbet: Highlanders $1.45 Force $2.65
Sportingbet: Highlanders $1.44 Force $2.80
Sportsbet: Highlanders $1.45 Force $2.75

Western Force: James O’Connor, Cameron Shepherd, Mitch Inman, Ryan Cross, Mark Bartholomeusz, David Hill, Chris O’Young, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Matthew Hodgson, Nathan Sharpe (captain), Tom Hockings, Tim Fairbrother, Ben Whittaker, Pekahou Cowan. Reserves: Nathan Charles, Matt Dunning, Ben McCalman, Sam Wykes, Justin Turner, Sam Harris, Dane Haylett-Petty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I interpreted it as a deliberate knock on that necessitated a penalty try. :D

Except you canot say for certain that he would have scored. Your view on tv was of the space on the field around the ball, as others in the grandstands have noted, a defender was coming across in cover.

No gaurentee of a try = no penalty try

I note you have been quite quiet on the outright CHEATING that went on in Christchurch last night...

Except you canot say for certain that he would have scored. Your view on tv was of the space on the field around the ball, as others in the grandstands have noted, a defender was coming across in cover.

No gaurentee of a try = no penalty try

I note you have been quite quiet on the outright CHEATING that went on in Christchurch last night...

The rules say nothing about being certain. Kankowski would have beaten the defender.

I did not see the 'Tahs vs Crusaders game as I was at the footy. However, I have no doubt the Crusaders cheated as they are serial cheaters, in particular McCaw. He infringes at every break down.

The rules say nothing about being certain. Kankowski would have beaten the defender.

I did not see the 'Tahs vs Crusaders game as I was at the footy. However, I have no doubt the Crusaders cheated as they are serial cheaters, in particular McCaw. He infringes at every break down.

& yet in the entire history of the rules being applied it is that the ref must be CERTAIN a try will be scored.

You can't say the cover wouldn't have come across, hell you can't say he wouldn't have tripped and fell over the last 20.

Of course, when teams go to Christchurch, onside players get called offside when running in foir open tries and the home side are awarded tries from clear knock ons :mad:

Exactly what I have been saying all along Tiger. Yes the rules don't explicitly state you have to be certain, but as referees that is the interpretation that is used.

As for the Tahs, well we played awful so we deserved to lose. But if that was a try at the end, I'll dead set shoot someone. It was a damn NFL touchdown!

ps. Pocock bends the rules as much as McCaw which is good. We need 1 more good no7 that bends the rules left right and centre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back