Super 15

Remove this Banner Ad

O'Connor is out for the Welsh series as far as I'm aware. Beale is possibly the best 10 as well as best 15 available at the moment. The question is whether the next best 15 is better than the next best 10.

And I disagree with you very strongly about the Waratahs attack. They look like they have no idea what they're doing with the ball most of the time. One out forward runs, poor passing, running at players rather than gaps, kicking the ball away off every turnover and when they have overlaps. When they do use width they just shift it out with no deception and without guys running good lines at pace. Sure, the lack of mobility in the forward pack is a big contributor to all this, but it isn't the only problem.

Does anyone know if Mike Harris is available? He is probably the best 12 we have, I still feel Barnes will be at 10 or 12. Beale is a fullback, leave him there.

The problem with the pack is that they have no idea, the pack is getting smashed both in attack and defence, they are not getting over the advantage line and that is an issue. The other issue is AAK is as slow as a turtle and has wrecked the backline in my opinion.

Does anyone know if Mike Harris is available? He is probably the best 12 we have, I still feel Barnes will be at 10 or 12. Beale is a fullback, leave him there.

The problem with the pack is that they have no idea, the pack is getting smashed both in attack and defence, they are not getting over the advantage line and that is an issue. The other issue is AAK is as slow as a turtle and has wrecked the backline in my opinion.

I wouldn't be playing Mike Harris. He's struggled this year and his goalkicking has really gone downhill recently. Ben Lucas is a better option. I'd play Lucas at 10, Barnes at 12 and Beale at 15.

I wouldn't mind that...but I think McCabe is a near certainty to play 12. If he was picked ahead of Barnes last year he'll be picked there this year when he's been better at the position and Barnes has been out of form. If Beale plays well at 10 in the next couple of games I think he'll be picked there for the first Welsh test. This weekends match against the Crusaders might be the most important one.

I wouldn't be playing Mike Harris. He's struggled this year and his goalkicking has really gone downhill recently. Ben Lucas is a better option. I'd play Lucas at 10, Barnes at 12 and Beale at 15.

Lucas can't goalkick so unless you plan on having Beale kick (terrible idea) you need a class goalkicker. If Harris is fit, you play him, or else you play Barnes at 10 and he kicks goals.

Yeah he and Genia were the difference in that match you'd have to say. Gill should absolutely dominate at the under 20's world cup in June (though Robbie Deans might pull him out of that and pick him in the wallabies squad).

Looks like the reds attack is starting to click overall now too. Will be interesting to see if the Brumbies can stay at the top of the Australian conference or whether the Reds will go on a run now and fly past them.

Yeah he and Genia were the difference in that match you'd have to say. Gill should absolutely dominate at the under 20's world cup in June (though Robbie Deans might pull him out of that and pick him in the wallabies squad).

Looks like the reds attack is starting to click overall now too. Will be interesting to see if the Brumbies can stay at the top of the Australian conference or whether the Reds will go on a run now and fly past them.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see who comes out on top especially with Lilo out and Quade about to come back for the Reds. The Chiefs are the team to beat imo. The way they piled on 3 tries was just spectacular. There was absolutely nothing that the Reds could have done to stop those 3 tries, just incredible ball skills and instincts. Really felt Kahui coming off was the turning point in the game. Reds defence looked very comfortable after he was gone.

Gill is extremely one-dimensional and can't play as a backup, so I doubt Deans will chose him over Hooper, who has been sensational. There's no need to rush him, we've got ridiculously good depth at 7.

Wouldn't go that far. Reds should get 5 points against the Lions, which would leave them 8 points behind the Brumbies...then they play next week. That match will be pretty decisive I think.

I can't see the Brumbies losing to the Rebels, Force, Blues or the Tahs. Even if the Reds win next week, the Brumbies should get home quite easily.

Wouldn't go that far. Reds should get 5 points against the Lions, which would leave them 8 points behind the Brumbies...then they play next week. That match will be pretty decisive I think.

The Reds will lose next week, the Brumbies are a better side and they have a ripping draw.

Feauai-Sautia is a special prospect. Within the first few mins in the game on his Super Rugby debut he gets a line break with his first touch and then scores a try with his second touch in the same play.

Reds had a very slow start to the game but now have their bonus point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues certainly have been diabolical this season haven't they.

Brumbies would have to wrap the Aussie finals spot up with the run they have in.

Certainly looking forward to the game this afternoon!

Stormers are faring well this season, although some matches are a bit close .

The Bulls were rather meh that day. tsss. Good it is my and oh's least fav southafican side. .

Hard to believe the rebels beat the Crusaders just a couple of weeks ago after that.

Hurricanes scored some excellent tries though. They've proved a lot of people wrong this season. Any coincidence that Nonu and Weepu go from the Hurricanes to the Blues and the results flip around?

Big win for the Reds. Made the Brumbies look pretty listless in attack. Pretty dull game all in all but a huge win for QLD with a guaranteed 4 points next week with help from the bye. Brumbies under all sorts of pressure for the rest of the year.

Terrible spectacle/advertisement for the game, but it was so interesting to watch as it was such a strategic arm wrestle.

I have to say though, the incessant high ball making a return is not good for the game. You can hear and sense the restlessness of the crowd. And 90% of the time it doesn't work! Cheetahs/Waratahs game only managed to remain exciting because of all the mistakes it caused. I know that's used as justification for doing it but it's not really why people watch and love the game.

Waratahs seem to keep falling short of late. Losing 24-27 to the Bulls and 33-37 to the Crusaders at home was particularly heartbreaking.

There is something really wrong with things at the Tahs. With such a talented roster, they should be better than what they are. Dunno if it's the coaching, the culture at the club, the admin or what but it's an effort to keep watching them.

I really think a huge clean out is needed in NSW. They have gone along the same lines for so many years now and it always just seems like a Usyd mates club.

Mumm is already gone. Halangahu HAS to get the **** out. Give his spot to a young 10 and give him a shot. Elsom is lucky he is mates with Foley, he shouldn't be there.

Lets be honest the following should be all gone:

1. Mumm (finally and don't hit the door when you go)
2. Halangahu (rubbish, get a fly half from the NPC as backup)
3. AAK (I am sorry but he is not the best 13 or 15, he is not worth it on the wing)
4. Elsom (just useless, we were better when he was injured)

Start with that 5 and then evaluate whether Carter is needed as a 12, I don't see him as a 2nd five.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back