NFL Super Bowl 53 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What match-ups would make the best "story-lines" that the NFL like to have?

As I suggested ages ago....Chargers-Saints/Rivers-Brees...would be a great story-line.

What else can you campaigners think of?

G.G brother I'm not worried about fairy tales and story lines I'm looking for what's actually going to happen...

Chiefs or Pats v Rams or Saints I reckon old mate.

G.G brother I'm not worried about fairy tales and story lines I'm looking for what's actually going to happen...

Chiefs or Pats v Rams or Saints I reckon old mate.
Seems like it. Like it has the last few times. The top seeds meeting up. But every now and then you do get the wild card team (or lower seeded teams) thru.

Could be an injury to a star player -- Mahomes like it ruined the Raiders when Carr got injured on the eve of playoffs. Could be a WC team hitting top form. Could be a team loaded with top players that took a little time to jell together, perfect timing as the playoffs start (like Colts the year they won it) or Giants that year.

Chargers have the roster. Colts have Luck and an increasingly improving D (and Reich). I wouldn't be shocked is all.

Seems like it. Like it has the last few times. The top seeds meeting up. But every now and then you do get the wild card team (or lower seeded teams) thru.

Could be an injury to a star player -- Mahomes like it ruined the Raiders when Carr got injured on the eve of playoffs. Could be a WC team hitting top form. Could be a team loaded with top players that took a little time to jell together, perfect timing as the playoffs start (like Colts the year they won it) or Giants that year.

Chargers have the roster. Colts have Luck and an increasingly improving D (and Reich). I wouldn't be shocked is all.

ur right its open and anything can happen...

but its gona be hard to win at Arrowhead or Gillette v Brady

I think it’s wide open. Rams’ Goff looked poor last two weeks as has Brees and the Saints. Yes they will bounce back somewhat but what Dallas and Bears D did to them can be done again. Some good defences emerging/getting better.

Chiefs have lost Hunt and who knows how bad Hill’s injury could be.

Wide open!

Did my little playoff predictor thing.

AFC:

1. Chargers 13-3
2. Patriots 12-4
3. Texans 12-4
4. Ravens 9-7

5. Chiefs 12-4
6. Colts 9-7

Wow Steelers miss. I have them losing to both the Pats and the Saints. Colts get in with wins over the Giants and Titans.

NFC:

1. Saints 14-2
2. Rams 14-2
3. Bears 12-4
4. Cowboys 11-5

5. Seahawks 11-5
6. Vikings 7-8-1

Cowboys v Seahawks is a great game. Vikings can GTFO but it is what it is.

These are some of the early predictions.

LA has the other 140 posts I skipped

Steelers vs Eagles: Wentzylvania to become the new state name

I have put money on the 49ers already :oops:
Done yer dough champ

I'm backing the Colts. Soon as I can be bothered to gamble.
I wish you luck

Jags V Packers.

Jags win, Bort goes on IR in the first month of the season so they trade for a QB who takes them all the way.
Jags gonna Jag

Rams v Chargers
Not bad at all

Jets v Cardinals
If it wasnt for the Traders this would be the best pick in the thread.

For the Opposite-SB

Yeah really looking forward to play offs...

It's hard not to go with home teams...

Saints hard to beat at dome...

KC hard to beat at Arrowhead.... KC unlucky to lose last two games... dubious referring going against them.
But can Mahomes do it when it matters.

Can never write off Pats and Rams are also a huge chance.

Bring it on.

1. Chiefs
2. Patriots
3. Texans
4. Ravens
5. Chargers
6. Colts

1. Saints
2. Rams
3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Seahawks
6. Eagles

Colts def. Texans
Chargers def. ravens
Bears def. eagles
Cowboys def. Seahawks

Colts def. chiefs
Chargers def. patriots
Cowboys def. saints
Rams def. bears

Chargers def. colts
Rams def. cowboys

Chargers def. rams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super Bowl LIV Thread
AFC -- Bills, Ravens, Colts, Chargers.....Browns, Texans......in the hunt.....Patriots, Bengals, Chiefs, Jaguars, Titans

NFC -- Redskins, Bears, Buccaneers, Rams......Seahawks, Lions.......in the hunt......Falcons, 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys

Bills have the chance to explode if they can fix their Oline

If the Pats continue to slip the Bills and Jets will be HOT on their tail. Like a game or two behind them at seasons end

Luck MVP + Colts watch

Browns basically have that division on wraps at this point

AFCW is hard to predict, can see the Chargers slipping as Rivers ages and just missing. Going like 8-8. Unsure how Mahomes will go with his drop off, around 10 wins perhaps.

Bears are a bit like the Jags. Can see them missing the playoffs. Can see the Lions winning that division next year. But can also see the Vikings back in SB contention if they fix their Oline (see Bills)

Bucs see coach

Cardinals see coach

So what’s with ESPN advertising the shitty MNF crew calling the SB? International feed version, really?

They come across like they are doing us a favour, bizzare. Still it could have been Frick & Frack (Collinsworth & Michaels), so TGFSM.

Wonder if the Gamepass coverage will have a different crew.

Colts @ Texans
Chargers @ Ravens
Eagles
@ Bears
Seahawks @ Cowboys

Colts @ Chiefs
Ravens
@ Patriots
Eagles @ Saints
Cowboys
@ Rams

Ravens @ Chiefs
Cowboys @ Saints

Saints vs. Ravens

Damn didn't expect Ravens to make it but the AFC field is just too weak this year. Chiefs always choke. Patriots aren't as good as previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back