NFL Super Bowl LV - Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Kansas City Chiefs

SUPERBUH OPTIONS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Well it was probably the best Super Bowl game ever. So many memorable plays and big moments/momentums, it really burns into the brain.
I don't know what it is, but it's now something that's interested me and I'm going to try and find out what it is.

Last year's GF feels like a little while ago now. But the NRL GF is very fresh in my mind even though it was the next day, and I'm kind of in disbelief that this year's season is a few weeks away. It may have something to do with being a Penrith fan, whereas I don't go for either Richmond or Geelong.

I don't know what it is, but it's now something that's interested me and I'm going to try and find out what it is.

Last year's GF feels like a little while ago now. But the NRL GF is very fresh in my mind even though it was the next day, and I'm kind of in disbelief that this year's season is a few weeks away. It may have something to do with being a Penrith fan, whereas I don't go for either Richmond or Geelong.
Dodgy, off topic and morbid subject I know and maybe even distasteful. But there was a link that showed Tom Pryce accident in South Africa GP in the 70s and that was horrific. Russell Phillips in Sportsman series another shocker. Had to be two of the worst not involving crowd deaths.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I just want to make it clear that it was TGBB that brought motor racing to this thread.

Dodgy, off topic and morbid subject I know and maybe even distasteful. But there was a link that showed Tom Pryce accident in South Africa GP in the 70s and that was horrific. Russell Phillips in Sportsman series another shocker. Had to be two of the worst not involving crowd deaths.
I've seen the out of shot footage and various zoomed out pics. But never been able to make out a body without a head or a stray helmet with the head still inside it.

To whoever is interested. If you want to see a heck of a crash that lead to death. I recommend Gordon Smiley's Indy 500 practice crash. It's impactful.

I like the "reverse Brandin Cooks" comments.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/a2rly3l/

I won’t share any pictures or videos of the accident, as they are extremely, extremely graphic but are readily available online, which can be searched outside of this article.
Smiley hit the wall at an estimated 185 mph. The cockpit and front wing assembly collapsed on impact, sending Smiley’s head into the wall. He was killed instantly. The fuel tank burst, catching what was left of the car on fire. The March 81c Chassis wrapped itself in the catchfencing, spinning wreckage wildly across the track. The car, and Smiley, was scattered everywhere across the track.

Officials rushed to Smiley’s car, but none could find his body. CART Safety worker Steve Olvey rushed to his car, only to find the top half of Smiley still inside the wreckage. He was shocked to find Smiley’s helmet had been sent off his head, taking the top of his skull with it. He was described to have been “…scalped by the flying debris…” A gray substance was found on the track. Officials initially started treating it as oil, but it was soon discovered that it was Smiley’s brain matter, which had been scattered across the track. Officials spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning the track from both debris from the car and from Smiley. In the ambulance, it was discovered that Smiley had actually broken every single bone in his body. He had no chance of survival.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What the psychological effect called when something that's happened a while ago is still pretty fresh?

I can still jibber away about last week's game even though I presume everyone is moving on?

Even other sb are still pretty fresh in the memory. But when it comes to other events, they feel like forever ago?

All I remember is

Devin White hunting

Amanda Gorman voicing

Romo calling the plays in advance

Back