NFL SUPER BOWL LVI - CINCINNATI BENGALS vs LOS ANGLES RAMS

Superbowl Predictions....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see the back end photo of the final sack?

Chase had gotten behind ramsey who had fallen over, if burrow could have escaped donald and looked up he would have had chase wide open for a likely 50 yard TD.

Sliding doors hey.

Donald literally won it for the rams.

I've just come back from a seeing the game in a bar and was surprised, that apart from Americans there. people were also there from Australia, Canada, the UK and Ireland. The Super Bowl certainly has international appeal and it would be interesting to know how many people watched it from outside the US.

I wonder how many have been turned off by the AFL in the last 5 years and now find the NFL better to follow.

I struggle to watch a full game of AFL these days but can easily sit through 2 NFL games on a monday morning no matter who plays.

It's just a great sport to get into once you get hooked.

Thanks mate! Was one of only about 3 Rams fans at the District here in Adelaide

Saw about 4 Bengals fans. But judging by the crowd, it was certainly pro Bengals. Lots of noise when they made their plays

Needed AD for MVP for a super profitable day, but had money on a multi of OBJ and Higgins for any time TD scores,so got my money back with a tiny profit

Can't wait to see what merch they bring out. Not only as SB champs but also with the Rams having Australia as their international marketing territory
Oh cool, I was thinking of going to the District but I find it hard to sway from the pub I have been to the last few years, there were 2 Bengals fans where I was and no Rams fans. Lots of other teams though.

I wonder how many have been turned off by the AFL in the last 5 years and now find the NFL better to follow.

I struggle to watch a full game of AFL these days but can easily sit through 2 NFL games on a monday morning no matter who plays.

It's just a great sport to get into once you get hooked.
Yeah it’s funny and I’m the same. Also and I’ve said it before, but I find it easier sitting through a poor NFL game than a poor AFL game.

Bottom line though is it’s great following both sports so only a month a year where neither is playing.

a decent O/Line and the Bengals win

View attachment 1328046

Id very much hope Ramsey was dealing with some sort of injury this year if im a Rams fan, 35m dead cap next year makes him virtually immoveable, lot of alarming signs in the second half of the season. That contract looks hideous.

They do the same in AFL re; the Norm Smith medal im pretty sure, have the votes collected 5 or 10 mins before the end of the game.

In an age where we use technology for everything these multi billion organisations want to use carrier pigeons still. How hard would it be to get them to sms in votes on the final whistle/siren.

They do the same in AFL re; the Norm Smith medal im pretty sure, have the votes collected 5 or 10 mins before the end of the game.

In an age where we use technology for everything these multi billion organisations want to use carrier pigeons still. How hard would it be to get them to sms in votes on the final whistle/siren.
Especially as they force us to wait ten minutes extra for the Super Bowl half-time show to end. They can surely spend 5-10 minutes collecting MVP votes during the time players are running around celebrating, confetti, and them setting up the stage whilst waiting for 80 year old owners to make their way down to the podium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially as they force us to wait ten minutes extra for the Super Bowl half-time show to end. They can surely spend 5-10 minutes collecting MVP votes during the time players are running around celebrating, confetti, and them setting up the stage whilst waiting for 80 year old owners to make their way down to the podium.

yeah, plenty of time. Good summary at the end of that article, better chance of a missclick filling out a ballot than there is of just sms'ing a players name also

And honestly, having ballots submitted at the two-minute warning isn’t bad by some standards. There have been some sports championships where that vote’s been held even earlier, meaning that even more of the game wasn’t factored in. But in a world where the technology (particularly, in-stadium WiFi and cell reception) is much better than it was even a decade ago, it feels like procedures could be changed to let a small panel like this make their MVP selections via phone from the field at the final whistle (or sport-specific equivalent), and not before.

Yes, it’s important to have a secure and trackable process for this, especially for later refuting incorrect claims about the voting. It’s also worth noting that online voting can lead to some errors (which is why this probably would be better as a “type out your selection, don’t pick from a list vote). But in a world where a lot of awards voting is now done virtually, it feels it would be possible to set something up here where these votes could be collected when the game ends. And that feels especially doable when you’re only talking about a 16-person panel. The last few minutes of a game are frequently the most crucial, and it doesn’t seem right for them not to be considered in the MVP vote. Super Bowl LVI is just the latest case of that.

Tied the record for most sacks conceded in a Super Bowl (7) too.

Skip brought up a good point, they desperately need a proper slot receiver not just a oline. Should trade/cut Boyd

Skip brought up a good point, they desperately need a proper slot receiver not just a oline. Should trade/cut Boyd
They need a boss inline dual TE + revamped OL.
Wouldn't get rid of the slot. Their MO on O is passing the ball, Burrow their engine. So I'd revamp the OL entirely thru draft, FAs and trade for a current vet TE.

They need a boss inline dual TE + revamped OL.
Wouldn't get rid of the slot. Their MO on O is passing the ball, Burrow their engine. So I'd revamp the OL entirely thru draft, FAs and trade for a current vet TE.

Boyd doesn't get open quick enough like say a Renfrow. That was his point, they need someone better in there. Oline wont get fixed in one offseason, need a slot receiver who can get open fast to take some pressure off Burrow.

Back