Racing Super Coach Racing - Spring 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Only looked at the 4 G1 races so far and put in my 4 selections for just $975k. The other 4 will come from 2nd runners in the G1s unless there are any absolute standouts in the G2s. But The salary cap certainly does seem a non issue this round.

The 4 I have so far are Zaaki(c), Elephant, Artorius and Head Of State. Jockey to be decided.

Now ive gone to all G1s. 6 at Caulfield and 2 Randwick. Only Zaaki in Neds Might & Power. Ive considered Probabeel but at that price i want a horse that has a realistic chance of winning. Yes, Probabeel likely runs 2nd but ive spent up elsewhere and I just dont quite have the cash to get Probabeel whilst still going for the rather expensive roughie that im set on. So i guess cash is actually a small concern after all :p

Seems a cookie cutter week, expect most heading down a similar path with v few decisions

View attachment 1255190

Yup the only decision is if you think a group 1 second is more likely than a few of the g2 shorties winning. Pretty much a coin flip to be honest

This week is a bit funky in that there are two 3YO G1s (half of this week’s G1s) meaning salary cap doesn’t really come into it.

This week is a bit funky in that there are two 3YO G1s (half of this week’s G1s) meaning salary cap doesn’t really come into it.

Salary cap aint going to matter at all this year given Incentivise is so cheap - maybe Cox Plate day the only one that will be a struggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seem to have 6/8 in common with most here, which may be as diverse as it gets this week.
Paulele, Profondo and Probabeel all came under consideration, but just missed. Toughest choice was between Profondo and Never Been Kissed in the Spring Champion Stakes, but it's hard to see Profondo holding off Head of State here when he couldn't do it in a shorter race, while I can see Never Been Kissed rolling along in front and being hard to run down.

Floating Artist the only G2. Form has been great since settling down in Australia and is getting better with each run as the distances increase. Looks a good thing to me. Otherwise I prefer a second runner in G1 to a G2 horse which isn't a certainty. Not only are the points for 2nd in a G1 the same as for a G2 win, but having the second horse in a G1 gives you 2 chances to snare that 40 points.

Looked at Melbourne first and thought Oliver looked a good jockey choice with 3 favourites, and 4 second favourites. Then I looked at Sydney and saw McDonald has 6 favourites, 2 second favourites, an equal third favourite and a fourth favourite as his 10 rides. Looks a no brainer for jockey.

SC Racing R2.jpg

Profondo can easily turn the tables on HOS just by running straight today and at 50k will be in virtually every stable . Personally I think the filly will be out classed

Delphi is a far superior galloper to FA as we will most likely see today. Good chance he starts the fave

Coin flip between Elephant and Prob.

Prob a better chance to run top 2, Elephant a better chance to win but also more likely to miss a place oddly enough

No need for either when there are G2 morals by the hatful

Ended up ditching Artorius for Paulele this morning. Hopefully McDonald can ride Coastwatch and Paulele to victories. Tofane is my roughie, not entirely sure why i picked it ahead of I'm Thunderstruck but i had the cash and i think it is capable enough. The fact Williams is riding played a tiny bit into my thinking.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 11.30.55 am.png

Not too well today so haven't paid much attention. Only just now realised that Floating Artist has been scratched and discovered the whole stable gets locked when the first race starts so I can't make a change. Can't understand why they don't have rolling lockouts like in the footy. Stupid system! Not happy!

Not too well today so haven't paid much attention. Only just now realised that Floating Artist has been scratched and discovered the whole stable gets locked when the first race starts so I can't make a change. Can't understand why they don't have rolling lockouts like in the footy. Stupid system! Not happy!
if its any consolation only top 7 get points so hopefully you didnt get arse blasted too much

if its any consolation only top 7 get points so hopefully you didnt get arse blasted too much
Yeah I realised that after posting which made me happier. Not so happy now that Head Of State seems to have broken down and finished a long last. That's made sure of a counting zero.

When I posted my stable earlier I said "Paulele, Profondo and Probabeel all came under consideration, but just missed". Obviously that made them all certainties and they all won accordingly. :oops:

Elephant v I'm Thunderstruck & Head of State v Never been kissed decisions were both wrong. Luckily HOS' zero wont count. Jockey choice was pretty terrible (Williams). Happy with Tofane. Captain Zaaki went poorly but almost everyone would be in the same boat. Annoyed that i went for Elephant right now but not too bad overall.

Profondo +50k
Anamoe + 50k
Paulele + 25k
Tofane +25k
HOS -50k? (Did it even finish? If broken down and unable to finish i dont think a price change occurs)

Elephant v I'm Thunderstruck & Head of State v Never been kissed decisions were both wrong. Luckily HOS' zero wont count. Jockey choice was pretty terrible (Williams). Happy with Tofane. Captain Zaaki went poorly but almost everyone would be in the same boat. Annoyed that i went for Elephant right now but not too bad overall.

Profondo +50k
Anamoe + 50k
Paulele + 25k
Tofane +25k
HOS -50k? (Did it even finish? If broken down and unable to finish i dont think a price change occurs)

Think it crossed the line. Down as 35 lengths last on betting results page

Not everything has gone too badly. 201 with 2 McDonald races to come.

Taking a second pick in the G1s in 3 races instead of G2 horses certainly proved the way to go.
First picks were Artorius (24), Head Of State (0) and Elephant (8) while second picks were Anamoe (40), I'm Thunderstruck (40) and Never Been Kissed (32)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back