Racing Super Coach Racing - Spring 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot You turned out to be a handy C choice. 100 points from 3 horses so far is a fair start but Oliver's single point is disappointing.

Pretty nervous about the Moonee Valley Cup where Floating Artist needs to win to even earn a start in the Melbourne Cup where I have a lazy $250 on it @ 100-1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy week from a cash point of view. Lots of options though with which path you take with the big fields, and captain choice doesn't jump off the page.

The whole comp has been easy from a cash point of view - this week will decide it though with 5 very open Group 1s to try and find the winner of

Currently going with just 5 G1s and 3 G2s. Might change to 6-2 but i dont see myself backing in more than 6 different G1 runners. Although cash is no issue, this round is definitely the toughest to get the right stable. There are so many different combinations that could work but time will tell which combination will perform. Given my G2 horses i believe i have picked 6 favourites as the odds currently stand.

1635574901813.png

Finished on 171 by my calculations. Not too bad on a very tough day, although I wish I'd stuck with Home affairs as C. He was the only horse I actually backed though so that's good compensation. I see Bowman's rides in the last 3 races were all scratched so that's wrecked him a bit. Probably should just always stick with McDonald. Jockey's points aren't a major factor though. Probably should get more points for winning.

Think I'm going to be pretty pissed when the final Cup field is announced. I have a sizable bet on Floating Artist at 100-1 and it looks like he'll end up 25th in the order of entry and miss gaining a run by 1 spot. The trainers said he and Persan are their best chances if he runs, so maybe they'll withdraw one of their 2 other runners to get him in. Owners probably wouldn't like that though.

Edit:

Not sure how yet, but Floating Artist is IN. Good barrier (10) and about 6th fav at around 16-1 so that 100-1 is looking good now.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back