Switch Super Smash Bros

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure how accurate Wikipedia is but it’s saying it’s going to be a 73 character roster, every character that has ever appeared in any smash game plus some new ones will be in it.

This is all true but 73 is only the currently revealed roster - you'd have to imagine a few more are yet to be revealed. They also said there was 103 stages (mostly returning but a few new)... All have been revealed so I wonder if we'll actually get more than that.

Anyone else feel like we're a real shot at getting Banjo Kazooie?

We're getting pretty much every highly requested character at this point, even Geno is a real shot after being a costume in Smash 4. I recall the head of Xbox even saying he'd love it to happen around the time of Smash 4 as well. On top of that, Nintendo and Microsoft have been playing nice for a couple of years now.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, because I'd never thought this possible until recently, but I think it's going to happen.

We're getting pretty much every highly requested character at this point, even Geno is a real shot after being a costume in Smash 4. I recall the head of Xbox even saying he'd love it to happen around the time of Smash 4 as well. On top of that, Nintendo and Microsoft have been playing nice for a couple of years now.

I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, because I'd never thought this possible until recently, but I think it's going to happen.
I'm 50/50 on it so far.

I reckon there's one more huge surprise character reveal left (not just one more character reveal, but one more big deal one) and Banjo would be the biggest possible option. I really hope it pans out but who knows?

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t the big, last reveal tbh. Microsoft’s willingness, more and more third parties making it into smash as well as the insane amount of hype it’d create make it more probable than not imo.

As an aside, I’d love Microsoft to let Nintendo work on another banjo game and have it release on both platforms. A man can dream...

I reckon there's one more huge surprise character reveal left (not just one more character reveal, but one more big deal one) and Banjo would be the biggest possible option. I really hope it pans out but who knows?

Agreed, there are a few more big reveals to come. Heihachi from Tekken maybe? Banjo would be more hype worthy.

Reckon we'll see a combo of Dixie Kong, Skull Kid plus a Kirby, Animal Crossing and Xenoblade character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have they shown the Rayman assist trophy returning yet? that's what people seem to be going off, i.e. Shadow's trophy hasn't returned yet so he could've been upgraded to a character.

i wish Phoenix Wright was more realistic. Rayman is actually pretty hype. not as expecting of Bomberman now that Snake is in first and foremost for Konami

have they shown the Rayman assist trophy returning yet? that's what people seem to be going off, i.e. Shadow's trophy hasn't returned yet so he could've been upgraded to a character.

i wish Phoenix Wright was more realistic. Rayman is actually pretty hype. not as expecting of Bomberman now that Snake is in first and foremost for Konami
Bomberman is an assist trophy.

Rayman just had a regular trophy, not an assist one. Which I'm assuming means Ubisoft approached Nintendo and asked them to put it in, which you would think means they're up for a character.

There seems to be allot of hype for Geno which is weird since he's only appeared in one game and that was along time ago.

They should bring in Wolf Link & Midna from Twilight Princess as a playable character
I've only read rumors so obviously not trust worthy at all but in some of those Midna was mentioned but seems to have cooled off. Skull Kid is the Zelda character that's getting mentioned a lot now.

They should bring in Wolf Link & Midna from Twilight Princess as a playable character
Yeah I agree, I could see that duo working but I think Midna is still an assist trophy.

I've only read rumors so obviously not trust worthy at all but in some of those Midna was mentioned but seems to have cooled off. Skull Kid is the Zelda character that's getting mentioned a lot now.
I can see skull kid come since there is a demand for more Zelda characters and more villains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back