Super Trade Monday

Remove this Banner Ad

So need to wait another week for super Monday Trade .

3AW talked sh**
1r25r7.jpg

3AW talked sh**

I’d give it few more days. Late last week they discussed that most likely scenario. Trade that big surely involves bit more time. As people mentioned Fremantle just give away all picks this year. Freo would want some picks even if it’s a downgrade.

Not sure tbh as I expected something to be announced today, personally I’d be happy if Blues didn’t do it. Jay Clark said Blues and Suns would get start of First Round Priority Picks. He got bad info. It happens.

Last edited:
I don't believe anything from 3aw anymore , hopefully next time at least a twitter post to confirm it . To be fair to Jay Clark at least he written a possible scenario without saying the news is coming from AFL .

Rumour is boring Tuesday tomorrow - no trading of picks at all

I'll believe it when I see it

If this happens St Kilda have pick 1, 14, 35, 36, 46 and 76. Next year we have: GC 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, 5th round.

Firstly, that is perfect for us. I think we win this trade because, we get pick 1, and a second first round pick of 14, pick 35 and the GC second round for 2019 for a loss of pick 4, 67 and a future 1st.

This gives us access to the best kid in the country, (although last time we drafted McCartin so). Yeah, it’s just great

It also gives us a second round back. We could easily get a top 5 draft pick for Billings and McCartin next year placing us back in the first round.

I think we would draft with our first round picks
Pick 1: Sam Walsh
Pick 14: Ian Hill/Jackson Hately

If this happens St Kilda have pick 1, 14, 35, 36, 46 and 76. Next year we have: GC 2nd round, 3rd round, 4th round, 5th round.

Firstly, that is perfect for us. I think we win this trade because, we get pick 1, and a second first round pick of 14, pick 35 and the GC second round for 2019 for a loss of pick 4, 67 and a future 1st.

This gives us access to the best kid in the country, (although last time we drafted McCartin so). Yeah, it’s just great

It also gives us a second round back. We could easily get a top 5 draft pick for Billings and McCartin next year placing us back in the first round.

Whos gonna package a top 5 pick for Billings and McCartin? :drunk:

Top 5 for Billings and Paddy?

Pick 1 and pick 3 for a top 5 pick next year? Gtfo.

Billings is staying, Paddy is staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure you’ll get a first round pick for McCartin and/or Billings.

Logic says if they’re worth a top 5 pick, you shouldn’t trade them.

Schache was a pick 2 for us the year after McCartin, and was traded for a bag of crisps two years later.

I think that it would be a huge mistake to use your only pick of note this year on a guy that will not be there after 2 years. He is not going to hang around and i would think your recruiters would be crystal clear on that
That could happen , Could also cost decent draft capital to prise him out. At some point a club will make a stand and let a player take their chances in the draft

That could happen , Could also cost decent draft capital to prise him out. At some point a club will make a stand and let a player take their chances in the draft
For sure. Although the standard scenario is it won't cost more than 2 x 1st round picks after 2 years if he wants out and if a player says i am leaving and are only going to play for 1 club or sit out of footy, it renders letting him go to the draft as a very hollow threat as players that nominate clubs always get where they want to get.

So in reality if a player presents as a huge flight risk and a club is determined to use their high pick on the player at all costs and wont entertain a pick trade and that player leaves after the 1st contract they have lost out in that decision big time. May never happen but it has to be a big consideration if the player has made it clear what their long term preferences are

For sure. Although the standard scenario is it won't cost more than 2 x 1st round picks after 2 years if he wants out and if a player says i am leaving and are only going to play for 1 club or sit out of footy, it renders letting him go to the draft as a very hollow threat as players that nominate clubs always get where they want to get.

So in reality if a player presents as a huge flight risk and a club is determined to use their high pick on the player at all costs and wont entertain a pick trade and that player leaves after the 1st contract they have lost out in that decision big time. May never happen but it has to be a big consideration if the player has made it clear what their long term preferences are
FLIGHT RISK is nothing compare to Euro Soccer club who pick 18 -25 mil players and then loan them out to Lower division team and later sold them out at 5 mil when they no longer any good or fit the team culture . Eg Mario Balotelli.

Last edited:
FLIGHT RISK is nothing compare to Euro Soccer club who pick 18 -25 mil players and then loan them out to Lower division team and later sold them out at 5 mil when they no longer any good or fit the team culture . Eg Mario Balotelli.
Very true..although with no salary cap and billionaire owners that splash money on players from everywhere it has a totally different complexion

Very true..although with no salary cap and billionaire owners that splash money on players from everywhere it has a totally different complexion
Still does not answer my questions , how a tough sport like AFL become soft because of Flight risk and go home factor . Buddy and Cyril don't cry home after the draft at 18 years old .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back