Supercoach 2016 - PODS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selwood was only playing against the tiges poo VFL team with some fringe AFL blokes but it's enough for me. Bye bye Danger hello Duckwood. And at under 5% i just can't say no!

60k appeals as well

If it helps anyone take the plunge with potential POD's you're considering...

I started last year with Adcock, Harry Taylor, Bellchambers and Bartel (who gave me a sub-10 score early in the season after which I traded him out). Also had Newnes who only delivered in the second half of the season.

By Round 14 I was ranked in the top 10 (I had Taylor and Newnes the whole season, traded Adcock around round 10, Bellchambers I had until around round 7 or 8). Only reason I dropped in rankings was because I brought in guys like Birchall and Boak (and was too late jumping on Goldy) to try and go for an all or nothing approach hoping they'd fire in the second half of the season. I didn't end up running out of trades and I ended up around 1,500-2,500 or so as a result of those risks.

Don't be scared to take risks - you don't need the perfect team at the start to compete. Get your rookies right, lock in some of those solid premiums and don't be scared to hop on some riskier options for a potential big gain.

Will also add to the above that I had Naitanui all season, who didn't end up a top 5 ruckman.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some possible worthy pods to consider in no order of preference.

Rosa. Could run free, possibly a safer pick than b.smith
Cloke. Beefed up midfield could generate more ball his way
Touk touk could improve greatly
Bird Very cheap
N graham If fit is promising
Aish. Worth watching
Taylor Adams. Constant improving gun mid.
DeGoey Dpp cheap quality player ready to break out
Seedsman. Worth watching
Stokes. Been playing well, woosh loves him
Brayshaw
McGlynn. Cheap
Steve j. Fwd looking fitter than usual
A walker. Cheap
Ploughman.

I started last year with Adcock, Harry Taylor, Bellchambers and Bartel (who gave me a sub-10 score early in the season after which I traded him out). Also had Newnes who only delivered in the second half of the season.

By Round 14 I was ranked in the top 10 (I had Taylor and Newnes the whole season, traded Adcock around round 10, Bellchambers I had until around round 7 or 8). Only reason I dropped in rankings was because I brought in guys like Birchall and Boak (and was too late jumping on Goldy) to try and go for an all or nothing approach hoping they'd fire in the second half of the season. I didn't end up running out of trades and I ended up around 1,500-2,500 or so as a result of those risks.

Don't be scared to take risks - you don't need the perfect team at the start to compete. Get your rookies right, lock in some of those solid premiums and don't be scared to hop on some riskier options for a potential big gain.
if you played safe u might of won :rainbow::rainbow:

Anyone with kahunas to take Billy Hartung?

Thing is, if Boak and Birch happened to end the season on fire, you might have won and been called a SC genius.
Everyone is so worried about starting the year with the top 6, 8 or 2 in each position, going full GNR, and trading safely, they lose sight of the fact that past winners did the opposite of this.
Most winners don't nail all their starting premos, start a few comebackers/midpricers, make few crazy trades that happen to come off, fall across the line Bradbury style and then humbly admit they had a bit of good luck.
Back your gut instincts people.

if you played safe u might of won :rainbow::rainbow:
Sometimes I do wonder if I played it safe how I would have gone, however winners in the past have all taken some huge risks that luckily paid off. At the time, I definitely decided that I wanted to separate myself from the pack as there was vary little variance between our sides in the top 10

Definitely separated myself from the pack :drunk:

Anyone with kahunas to take Billy Hartung?
nope.
awkward price. will improve, but not enough to justify a midfield spot or make serious coin.

...that said, if you were considering him before Hill got injured it must be extremely tempting now.

okay, so the last 24hrs have been interesting, team structure has changed a bit, with POD being somewhat of a focus, reliability the other (bare with me as it might seem contradictory).

so the changes made are;
Shaw > Rich
Ablett > Danger
Rocky > Pendles
Gawn > Goldy
Weitering >Lee/ruggles/colins

Have done away with rocky and GAJ, as a POD with the incoming all consistent and less injury prone, feel that the missed games which WILL come counter any benefit. Please let me know your thoughts as Im happy with my original plan also..
Goldy is just goldy. Rich will rise, while shaw needs one bad game to be gobbled up soon.
Weitering is and interesting one as his JS seems good, but can he perform, and is it comparable to the rooks??? i dunno :confused:

Other POD's locked: Docherty, Rosa, Sheil, Wines, Dalhaus (also have libba and crouch)

Love to hear some feed back on the son of god and rock nonselection

Last edited:
Think I'm running with Jelwood too.

Danger > Jelwood
Mcgovern > T Mcdonald (3.8%)

Brings 2 safe PODs into my side for 2016.

Think I'm running with Jelwood too.

Danger > Jelwood
Mcgovern > T Mcdonald (3.8%)

Brings 2 safe PODs into my side for 2016.
I'm going TMac as well. As long as he stays down back he'll score well imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back