SuperCoach Discussion for Blues...BOOKMARK IT!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Now there are some SC101's out there for beginners. This is more for trend-spotting.

My first Discussion Point: Big Forward Guns.
This topic becomes huge this week and the next few weeks because of B.Hall's absence. But do you trade this week? IMO if your team has enough depth on your bench (e.g. a josh hill or cyril rioli type) then wait a week. As will be explalined.

For those who didn't get one of Riewoldt/J.Brown/and B.Johnson you should notice that there prices have dropped by more t han 70k. With B.Johnson at a mere 470k.

Now keeping in mind that the prices are changed based on a 3-week average; if Jono Brown scores less than 140 this week he will drop again. (He has scored about 24 and 138 in the last 2 weeks)

N.Riewoldt is very different. He hasn't had a massive failure week like jono brown. Instead he has had a string of several mediocre performances; but he came back to some sort of form with his 102 last week. At 536000 I think the risk is still too great to get him; but if he scores massively round 5 he won't be this low again.

B.Johnson dropped a whopping 70k this week. But I still don't think he's bottomed out. Once he hits form I would recommend getting him.

Re: play the long-term game; not the short-term. It's all about getting as many guns into your team come round 18. Got it? Together we can make blues fans on average better than the rest.

probably getting a gun this week for hally. Not sure which. have 400+ in bank so can get anyone. suggestions? i was thinking chapman.

but now ive started to think leave it a week and get brown when last weeks is included and also johno when he goes down again for gamble or one of the younguns. i think this cos i will lose to my mate this week anyway i feel. i have a lot of crap teams in my main league so waiting on $$ and saving trades for a week may be worth it....as above. long term

probably getting a gun this week for hally. Not sure which. have 400+ in bank so can get anyone. suggestions? i was thinking chapman.

but now ive started to think leave it a week and get brown when last weeks is included and also johno when he goes down again for gamble or one of the younguns. i think this cos i will lose to my mate this week anyway i feel. i have a lot of crap teams in my main league so waiting on $$ and saving trades for a week may be worth it....as above. long term
I would grab chapman if i was you, the more midfield type players in your forwardline or backline the better imo. I would stay away from Brad Johnson if i were you, he has a hip injury apparently, not sure on the severity but the coach said he's only running at about 80%. What ever you do good luck. Go Blues.

yeh trading hall for j.brown or ROK

not sure??:confused:

how are you guys going in the rankings??

i'm ranked in the top 2000:cool:`

some guy from this board is No.2 in DT:thumbsu:

Just thought you guys might like to know that next year the BigFooty Club Boards will compete in both Dream Team and Supercoach for a perpetual trophy. Those who have participated in a BigFooty DT (or SC) League will most likely get precedence over walk ins.

Do your club proud by representing them in the DT or SC leagues. Build your way up the rankings to help get yourself selected and come in next year with all the experience and skill needed to help win the comp.

Dont agree with you. I tend to pick players who are known to get good Scores eg:Mitchell, Brown, Johnson, Salopek. I dont like picking players who are up and down. Just my view and thats how i go by when picking my team.

Brad Johnson is an inconsistant point scorer, Mitchell rarely racks up huge supercoach points unlike Brown who has had some huge scores in the last 2 supercoach seasons, however he to was tardy to say the least in the first 13 games in 07.The jury is still out on Brown in 08. Salopek has failed to live up to pre-08 predictions. I have Brown ,O'Keefe,Fevola and have replaced Hall with Bradshaw. Josh Hill,Aaron Edwards and junior boy are my other 3 fwds. I feel Bradshaw represents good value for money as his value should continue to rise having averaged 107 ranking points so far this season. Having said all this ,this season has been the hardest to play and predict especially with forward line players yo-yo performances,suspensions,last minute injuries and resting of players.

So who had Ablett as their captain this week? 254 friggin points!! Wow! I had him as vice, Judd as captain, spewin :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who had Ablett as their captain this week? 254 friggin points!! Wow! I had him as vice, Judd as captain, spewin :(

yeah i had him as captain, absolutely wrapped! thought it was an error by afl.com.au when i saw how much he got!! Have never seen a player get more than 170 points on their own with out being captain!

got judd as my vice captain... hopefully he gets in to the 30's disposal-wise as well tomorrow!!

I have Ablett as my captain this week :) i usually make him capt when they play at Skilled Stadium.
I usually swap it between J Brown Chad Cornes and Cox as well.

This week Jonathan Brown may be the player in the least amounts of teams in Australia. Has had 1 or 2 good weeks and the others he has scored 40 or Below. Shocker, im FURIOUS!

I've had Ablett all year untill a last minute decision to change to Fev for this round. I swore I wouldn't change my captain all year.:(But if Fev bags 12 and has 7 tackles and 5 contested marks with no clangers I will be relieved.;)

I've had Ablett all year untill a last minute decision to change to Fev for this round. I swore I wouldn't change my captain all year.:(But if Fev bags 12 and has 7 tackles and 5 contested marks with no clangers I will be relieved.;)
Likewise mate, i also have Fevola as my captain, and he will most likely be the difference between me winning v my opponent this week. Comeon Fevola, lets see a big game 10 goals ! Fingers Crossed!

Kennelly was dropped at the last minute. Injury reports haven't said anything about him. Anyone heard anything about it? More importantly...is he playing this week?

P.S.
Congrats to anyone who had Ablett. Even with him not captain you're gonna have a 700 000+ player by next week. I'm spewin i didn't get him.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back