Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Last edited:
Hi Peeps .....just opening an early discussion thread on posters interest in participating in a DRAFT League, if I organise ??

There are two parts:

1. The level of interest to warrant organizing a league or two

2. What the rules of the competition should be

* number of teams per league
* number of players per team

My first time, so be gentle with me .....popular league setups are 8 teams x 18 or 19 players ....but this is why I'm opening up early, so we have plenty of time to discuss & get a consensus opinion

BTW ....when does the actual Draft take place ....wasn't able to find anything on that ??
In

Draft Update - Iterim rules 9th Dec
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Summary so far
Let us know if any of these rules are unstatisfactory ....or you can suggest an improvement

1. Draft Order ... is everyone happy with the method below ?

1638945877984.png

Subsequent Draft selections by way of a "Snake" order

1638946858390.png

2. Number Teams per Competition
Unless anyone has an alternate POV, we'll go with below .....taking 150 players ensures each team has a strong lineup

10 Teams x 15 players ...3-4-1-3 (4)

3. NO Captains

"Floating Bench"
Floating = your worst bench score counts no matter the position, as opposed to only backs being able to replace backs as normal

5. Draft Day
Unless anyone has a contrary POV ....On a Friday after final practice game

Further details on how the Draft will operate ....how many days, time between selections ect ...to be clarified later

Anything else I've missed ???

Summary so far
Let us know if any of these rules are unstatisfactory ....or you can suggest an improvement

1. Draft Order ... is everyone happy with the method below ?

View attachment 1294234

Subsequent Draft selections by way of a "Snake" order

View attachment 1294241

2. Number Teams per Competition
Unless anyone has an alternate POV, we'll go with below .....taking 150 players ensures each team has a strong lineup

10 Teams x 15 players ...3-4-1-3 (4)

3. NO Captains

"Floating Bench"
Floating = your worst bench score counts no matter the position, as opposed to only backs being able to replace backs as normal

5. Draft Day
Unless anyone has a contrary POV ....On a Friday after final practice game

Further details on how the Draft will operate ....how many days, time between selections ect ...to be clarified later

Anything else I've missed ???

Like it WaynesWorld19 but I think Captains should be included if everyone gets 2 first round picks they should have a couple of Captains options.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Like it WaynesWorld19 but I think Captains should be included if everyone gets 2 first round picks they should have a couple of Captains options.
but what if they're injured?

you're left captaining blokes with a 90 average.

but what if they're injured?

you're left captaining blokes with a 90 average.

This year (2021) there was 19 players with 110+ average but you would need to nail your captains in the 1st round of the draft.

This year (2021) there was 19 players with 110+ average but you would need to nail your captains in the 1st round of the draft.
yeah i don't like that tbh. because captains are so important i'd rather they not be left to your draft order.

I was taking on-board Seymour Skinner 's recommendation .....but I'll go with the options most are happy with ;)

Having pick 1 is way too much of a boost if captain are on, just based solely on averages.
For example in my 12 man league.
If you had the #1 (Macrae) & #24 (Ziebell) ranked players, you'd be getting 19 extra points per week on the bloke that has #12 (NicNat) & #13 (Grundy).

The year before that if you had #1 & #24 (Gawn 139.9 & Sidebum 109.4) you had a 44.4ppg bonus on the bloke with #12 & #13.

In 2020 if you had a 18 team comp you'd be 49.8ppg better off with Captain Gawn #1 + Jed Anderson #36 than you would of been with Captain Goldy #18 + MCrouch #19.

Last edited:
Number of Teams / Players options
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
how many teams WaynesWorld19?

could be interesting if we have a lot the types of players we get
Looking at
10 teams x 18 players (180 player pool) OR 12 teams x 15 players (180 player pool)

I'll probably go with the suggestions of experienced Draft players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back