Supercoach Draft League

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh wow first, nice, first time this year :D

Yeah, lock in Ablett lol.

May need a reminder on Monday but should remember

Draft time is going to be a bit tough for me (1am PST) but I will try and make it. If there were any chance to make it an hour earlier that would be awesome, however I fully realise that I am in the minority here :)

Hi guys - just letting you know that I have just set up the "Big Footy NHL Guys" league. From what I can see I need to send you guys an invite with the league code so as you can join. Will need you all to PM me with your email addresses.

Drafting system looks OK - similar to Yahoo drafts, with customisable player ranks etc (a bit clunky though). Also, no mock draft option.

Draft date is currently set for 8.00pm Monday March 11 (Labour Day holiday here in Vic), but is changeable depending on who's available and when....

This was posted when I set the league up on Feb 11th, nearly a full month ago, and I haven't heard of any problems with draft date & time until now....pretty tough to go changing the draft time this late I reckon.

Feel sorry for you Doof. Guess we could change by an hour (wouldn't really worry me too much) - but only if all others know about it and are happy to.

BTW - reason for the Monday night is that i would assume the majority of drafters would be home that night at the end of what is a long weekend for most of us. Also, by that time we have had 3 rounds of NAB cup, so might have some idea of who's who in terms of a) the "smokies" we may draft in the later rounds b) if the gun premiums are up and running, having had a pre-season hit out and are not injured leading into round 1.

No worries from me. Yep, did not raise it because I knew there was little to be done

Just went daylight savings here so now 2am. No difference between 1am and 2am ..... both hard on a Sunday night before a big week at work. I think I am just going to have to wing it with an autodraft. Might be better without ever having done an AFL one before anyway :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft all done and despite the clunky draft engine we got through OK.

Just looking at my side and find it hard to believe that as a passionate Tiger that I have only Jack Riewoldt from the yellow and black in my side (missed on Shane Edwards - who I think is set for a ripping year - who I had lined up and was snaffled with the pick before mine.)

And yes, before anyone else says.....it's only an eight team league, so at least I can't finish ninth......

Good draft guys! I'll list the teams, via screen-capture because the site has no actual function. Sorted by Draft order.

Glenferrie Bullies
HckvULQ.png

Calgary Falcons
X7pJE7A.png

Money City Maniacs
I8y7qag.png

Geno is Score!
XYyZpsO.png

Doof
oFTxPrJ.png

Peter Sidorkiewicz
IGc3koc.png

SurgingSelwood
UqJvgS1.png

TBT TwoBlueTigers
dyQQ4eI.png

Also pretty average that you can see what waiver claims have been submitted by every team
Yeah, I agree - awful design of the whole Supercoach Draft site.

Why couldn't they have just partnered up with either Yahoo or ESPN?

Makes you wonder whether anyone involved has ever been in a US style fantasy comp!

Yeah, I agree - awful design of the whole Supercoach Draft site.

Why couldn't they have just partnered up with either Yahoo or ESPN?

Makes you wonder whether anyone involved has ever been in a US style fantasy comp!

There is no way they have. Can't begin to understand how poorly designed the software is. They have even missed REALLY simple stuff:

• being able to rerank your players prior to the draft, but then you cannot tell how they were previously ranked if you shift them around
  • no method of looking at previous year's stats for FA players
  • no email notifications for waivers or trades
  • no way to trade more than a single player at a time - i.e. can't offer two for two
  • letting people see waivers - seriously? do they not understand what a waiver request is?
All they had to do was play one season of fantasy on Yahoo or ESPN. Mindblowing.
Regardless, should still be fun :)

It is quite clear that they have received requests for a draft league for a while and decided to act on the popularity, but then did absolutely no research into how other successful online leagues are run. Quite poor really. Hopefully they will receive many a complaint email and take on board some of the criticism for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back