Resource Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean 'uncontested' marks are worth little.

I'm pretty sure Dory_77 is right, there are extra point for intercept marks.

Yes I did. Whoops.

Fair enough, I haven't played SC for a few years.

Hey guys what's the go with Dean Terlich?

Playing an Ultimate Footy keeper league and he was a beast in 2013 before dropping a touch last year.

Was it the defensive style? Is he not really in favour? Seems to be out of everyone's best 22 despite just turning 25 and showing top rebounding form since his debut.

Playing an Ultimate Footy keeper league and he was a beast in 2013 before dropping a touch last year.

Was it the defensive style? Is he not really in favour? Seems to be out of everyone's best 22 despite just turning 25 and showing top rebounding form since his debut.

Defensively can get lost.

Is proned to make turnovers through either bad skills or bad decisions.

In previous years, got games because he had a crack and took the game on.

He will continue to be pushed down the pecking order with hopefully better players arriving.

He needs to improve rapidly to get back into best 22.

Everything The Professor said, plus he's probably going to suffer because of our lack of run from defense last year. He's quite a static, defensive type, and we need run.

I'd say Lumumba has taken his place and is one of the first in line for delisting next year at this point.

Does VanDenberg come into calculations with the LTI to Petracca?

Very much so. We also have Trengove to replace so potentially we might even upgrade 2 rookies.

He's looked good in a couple of match simulations at training so the final tick will be his NAB performances I expect. If he doesn't play round 1, he won't be far off I reckon.

Get back on board in the Demons league on the other thread mate.

Nah, I prefer to concentrate on the one team. Bad enough when I'm trying to make late changes to my UF team on a Friday, I don't want to be trying to jump on SC and DT sides as well.

if you need more players in your supercoach leagues,Please private message me some supercoach codes so i can join :) division 1 or 2

Last edited:
On the other sides, Jed Anderson, Patrick Cripps and Kane Lambert have put their hand up early as rookie options, I think.
^^
Kane Lambert needs to be upgraded on Richmonds list so maybe stay away until that happens

Hello gents, first of all good luck this year to your boys.

I have Salem and Hogan's as locks. There is a distinct lack of cheap rookie mids guaranteed to get games this year so obviously im looking at Brayshaw. But i'd also like to ask about Billy Stretch. Is there any chance he'll get some early games too?

And any suggestions for rookies in any position you think will get games also.

Cheers!

^^
Kane Lambert needs to be upgraded on Richmonds list so maybe stay away until that happens

Hello gents, first of all good luck this year to your boys.

I have Salem and Hogan's as locks. There is a distinct lack of cheap rookie mids guaranteed to get games this year so obviously im looking at Brayshaw. But i'd also like to ask about Billy Stretch. Is there any chance he'll get some early games too?

And any suggestions for rookies in any position you think will get games also.

Cheers!

Mate I'd be pretty cautious with Billy Stretch. He looks like he's going to be a player, but I suspect Roos will be happy to let him develop a little further at Casey. He was left as an emergency for our first NAB game - and I think that says a bit. None of our draftees actually played in our first NAB game.

My guess is he may play 2-5 games in the second half of the season, but most will be vest affected.

On our other rookies, the main 2 would be Newton and vandenburg who are both mids. Newton is awkwardly priced at just over $200k, and like Kane Lambert, vandenburg is still on our rookie list so would need an upgrade before you picked him.

All that said, I think Newton and vandenburg will play early and both are mature aged so should find some footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'd be pretty cautious with Billy Stretch. He looks like he's going to be a player, but I suspect Roos will be happy to let him develop a little further at Casey. He was left as an emergency for our first NAB game - and I think that says a bit. None of our draftees actually played in our first NAB game.

My guess is he may play 2-5 games in the second half of the season, but most will be vest affected.

On our other rookies, the main 2 would be Newton and vandenburg who are both mids. Newton is awkwardly priced at just over $200k, and like Kane Lambert, vandenburg is still on our rookie list so would need an upgrade before you picked him.

All that said, I think Newton and vandenburg will play early and both are mature aged so should find some footy.
Thanks mate!

Given a choice, in terms of supercoach value would you take Newton or Brayshaw if it was one or the other? (This is with a view to making as much money from them as possible)

Thanks mate!

Given a choice, in terms of supercoach value would you take Newton or Brayshaw if it was one or the other? (This is with a view to making as much money from them as possible)

Newton - better job security in the first half of the year. Brayshaw might be vest-affected at times as well. Others on here may well disagree with me on that though?..

Best to make your decision at the end of the NAB I guess.

Will Sam frost score much throughout his career? Will he be a third man who can get touches (ALS Harry Taylor) or just a a lockdown defender (Eric Mackenzie?

Will Sam frost score much throughout his career? Will he be a third man who can get touches (ALS Harry Taylor) or just a a lockdown defender (Eric Mackenzie?

Not enough evidence yet to do anything other than guess. Not guaranteed of playing either, although he hasn't hurt his chances so far.

I noticed Garland & Jetta were alright scorers today... are they both best 22 locks? And can we expect consistent 70-80 type scores? For very very late DT keeper league :)

I wouldn't be banking on consistent performances from Garlett.

You can bank on consistent performances from Jetta, but not in terms of DT/SC scores.

Hey guys, glad footy is back.

2015 and new things! Lumumba lined up a few times at the centre bounce, Roosy trolling or what?
Got a bit of it, from what little I saw he did pretty well. What are your thoughts on him raising the bar points wise from last year? Is there room for another mid rotation? Is he cut out for it?

Thankyou and it will be good to see your blokes crawl out of that hole you are in.
Goodluck! :)

Hey guys, glad footy is back.

2015 and new things! Lumumba lined up a few times at the centre bounce, Roosy trolling or what?
Got a bit of it, from what little I saw he did pretty well. What are your thoughts on him raising the bar points wise from last year? Is there room for another mid rotation? Is he cut out for it?

Thankyou and it will be good to see your blokes crawl out of that hole you are in.
Goodluck! :)

Personally, I reckon Lumumba is a decent point of difference option given the lack of defensive players this year.

Pretty sure Roos will use him in the middle quite a bit - and he'll still get touches when he plays back because we are quite static back there with Grimes, Garland, Dunn and Howe.

I suggested as much in the OP, but didn't get a lot of support, so interested in a ew other opinions myself..

Personally, I reckon Lumumba is a decent point of difference option given the lack of defensive players this year.

Pretty sure Roos will use him in the middle quite a bit - and he'll still get touches when he plays back because we are quite static back there with Grimes, Garland, Dunn and Howe.

I suggested as much in the OP, but didn't get a lot of support, so interested in a ew other opinions myself..
Good on ya mate. Thnx for the reply. Its an interesting one isnt it. I don't have the balls yet to pick him.

I think with all the crap defence options, I think Lumumba has to be an option doesn't he? Much better at running to the right areas too based on his experience I feel, anyway I didn't catch the game vs the doggies, did he play in the middle like he did vs freo? Also do you think he is likely to tag when in the middle? Thank you in advance

I think with all the crap defence options, I think Lumumba has to be an option doesn't he? Much better at running to the right areas too based on his experience I feel, anyway I didn't catch the game vs the doggies, did he play in the middle like he did vs freo? Also do you think he is likely to tag when in the middle? Thank you in advance

I think Viney and Cross were the two guys tagging last year. Mostly Viney. Can't see Lumumba doing that job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back