Strategy Supercoach/DT Questions - 2017

Which dogs are you picking in 2017?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a hard man to impress if you're not convinced by Gawn. No third man up will help him as well

Can't believe you didn't mention Dahlhaus & Macrae as must have forwards, and possibly JJ in defense
Yeah as pigdog noted i think melbourne might start dual rucking and if that happens he will drop atleast 100k before they realise he was the man all along. Had him since his break out but as huge as he goes he can have shockers and would love to get him at a more realistic price. His JLT was bang average and even taken with a grain of salt i see an opportunity. every $ counts.

I currently have Dal but he burnt me with injury last year and he doesn't always get the midfield time required. Macrae could average 115 but since he has been made more accountable he doesn't score off the charts anymore so while he is a good option he is not in my team at this point. I would expect Libba to imrpove this season, Bont, stringer etc and the scores only spread so far. It's amazing how much upside their is in your team.

Hi guys, thoughts on Tim English for SuperCoach , if he's named for round 1 , how many games will he potentially get before others come back from injury? Will he be number 1 ruck with Boyd as a chop out?

Macrae could average 115 but since he has been made more accountable he doesn't score off the charts anymore so while he is a good option he is not in my team at this point

Fair enough, he was the first in my team when I heard he's available as a forward

Hi guys, thoughts on Tim English for SuperCoach , if he's named for round 1 , how many games will he potentially get before others come back from injury? Will he be number 1 ruck with Boyd as a chop out?

English has shin soreness and won't be available round 1. Roughead will be back round 4 or 5 but it will probably be Boyd or Campbell filling in for him

Thoughts on my team? $50k left over. Subject to team selections tomorrow.

upload_2017-3-22_23-57-47.png

Not really convinced about JJ or Ryder. Thinking Turner or Taranto instead of WHE???

The Toyd selection is unashamed bias LOL :$

Thoughts on my team? $50k left over. Subject to team selections tomorrow.

View attachment 348582

Not really convinced about JJ or Ryder. Thinking Turner or Taranto instead of WHE???

The Toyd selection is unashamed bias LOL :$
I wouldn't have two rucks in the Fwds. Either Nank or Toyd. If your not happy with Ryder you could move Nank in there, then you still have Toyd as a back up

Fair enough, he was the first in my team when I heard he's available as a forward
he is in my team now :):):) i've been crunching numbers as it is time to get serious, i was surprised to see such high returns for what i consider below par seasons and with the lack of FWD options i think you're spot on with locking him in. Gawn has also made his way in purely on potential missed points vs $ saved. swings and roundabouts :) :) :)
cheers for all the help

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys, Congrats on last year! I was at the Whitten Oval with some loyal doggies and had a bloody awesome day!

Just wondering if anyone here can tell me a little about Mitch Hannan ( Dees) as he was a footscray player last year.

thanks and all the best on B2B :)
Wing/half forward. Great kid, excellent contested mark and a huge leap on him. Quite quick, pressures well, but wasn't exactly high production in either position. Closer to goal he was good for a few good marks and a goal, and up the field he was good for 10-15 touches and a bit of pressure. Not a great kick to my eye. The question will be whether an AFL system can get him a bit more of the ball, as he certainly has some tricks.

I'm excited to see him get his chance, but I'm not totally convinced on him as a Fantasy/SC option. I also think his position will be under quite a bit of pressure given the composition of Melbourne's list.

Then again I decided against starting Dan Butler so what do I know? ;)

Wing/half forward. Great kid, excellent contested mark and a huge leap on him. Quite quick, pressures well, but wasn't exactly high production in either position. Closer to goal he was good for a few good marks and a goal, and up the field he was good for 10-15 touches and a bit of pressure. Not a great kick to my eye. The question will be whether an AFL system can get him a bit more of the ball, as he certainly has some tricks.

I'm excited to see him get his chance, but I'm not totally convinced on him as a Fantasy/SC option. I also think his position will be under quite a bit of pressure given the composition of Melbourne's list.

Then again I decided against starting Dan Butler so what do I know? ;)
Cheers!
It seems a surprise that he was picked with no JLT form so either they really rate him or it will be a one-off and is a horses for courses thing, but I suppose my thinking is that he probably isn't a role type player and a bit more versatile. Tough to know and probably a risk but I think I'm on board.
But what would I know...I didn't pick Butler either :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have two rucks in the Fwds. Either Nank or Toyd. If your not happy with Ryder you could move Nank in there, then you still have Toyd as a back up
Luckily I dumped Toyd (for Taranto), but used the cash to go JJ --> Docherty which didn't turn out so great :$

So I've ended up with only two Bulldogs in my team :(

gotta wait another week though don't you - or did Smith get injured? Even then I'd think about waiting until R3 to make sure you get the right rookie
Smith's done his shoulder so he's out three or four months.

Yeah, that's the other option. Could still go with that. The theory is though that if I cop a couple injuries or need to make other trades next week I'm stuck. I know I need to make this trade at some point over the next two weeks, so the alternative is to make it now and know I'm good to go next week if other trades need doing (which, fingers crossed, they won't).

Smith's done his shoulder so he's out three or four months.

Yeah, that's the other option. Could still go with that. The theory is though that if I cop a couple injuries or need to make other trades next week I'm stuck. I know I need to make this trade at some point over the next two weeks, so the alternative is to make it now and know I'm good to go next week if other trades need doing (which, fingers crossed, they won't).
yeah fair enough. Would be annoying if you waited but then needed two other trades next week. Those R3 trades can be pretty damn valuable.

sorry to intrude but can someone tell me the role picken is playing in your team, haven't been able to watch any dogs action and he's on fire stats wise
More of a wingman with some stints in the middle and fwd

Hey guys, apologies as I know this is the wrong thread (couldnt find the correct one).

I am in a fantasy draft league and picked up josh dunkley from the free agent bin. I was wondering what you think his output would be for the year in terms of average? he did quite well last season and i am hoping it will continue! cheers

Back