Resource Supercoach Gold - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know it's only $20 but thought I'd ask around before I decide to splash. Is there anything it can offer me that other sides can't, apart from the live scores?

I know it's only $20 but thought I'd ask around before I decide to splash. Is there anything it can offer me that other sides can't, apart from the live scores?
You're not serious about SC if you don't have Gold.

I can go to the butchers, the green grocers, the deli, the bakery and the fish shop to buy my weekly supplies. My time, however, is important. I'd rather go to Coles.

I can't even get live scores for some reason
SC Gold doesn't get you live scores.

You don't want live scores. You spend every two minutes refreshing the page instead of watching the footy. Quarter time scores are fine.

MightyMark

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors, NE Patriots
SC Gold doesn't get you live scores.

You don't want live scores. You spend every two minutes refreshing the page instead of watching the footy. Quarter time scores are fine.

I disagree, live scores make it easier for me to know whether I should be happy or angry.

I feel guilty yelling at players only to find out they didnt spud it up quite as much as I thought.

I disagree, live scores make it easier for me to know whether I should be happy or angry.

I feel guilty yelling at players only to find out they didnt spud it up quite as much as I thought.
I like the live scores (which I get as part of my paper delivery), but I often find myself missing half the game.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No. I only use it because my teacher yearly subscription includes it.

All my research is done here and from SC Paige :)

Yes.

$19.95 for a seasons worth of pretty lights and break evens! Not much really... Lock it in.
Pretty lights are particularly useful Round 1 when scrolling rookies.

Lums23

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's probably worth it for breakevens and stuff too. I used the breakevens Paige put up, and it was a real pain having that open in one window and scrolling through the whole competition just to find your players

Have people not heard of too serious? Started by someone on here and their 'stats' page has breakevens, predicted price rises, salary calculators, scoring history - the works (and it's free)

Stats usually go up about 24 hrs after the last game.
Not always that accurate, but close enough to gauge an idea.

You can get what SC Gold gives you for free if you're willing to go to multiple sites to find the info. SC Gold just gives it all to you in one place, and also pretty lights at selection time. At the end of the day, SC Gold costs you 86c a week during the Home and Away season, or 38c a week if averaged over the year. As I said earlier:

I can go to the butchers, the green grocers, the deli, the bakery and the fish shop to buy my weekly supplies. My time, however, is important. I'd rather go to Coles.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're a good salesman Jiska :) It turns out I already have SC Gold in some form – by a roundabout method the site appears to have given it to me automatically through my FoxSports.com.au subscription which in turn came gratis from my Foxtel subscription.

So I can access all the SC Gold goodies on the team/trading pages etc, but not the live scores because I'm not subscribed to the Herald Sun... strange.

Rest assured I won't pay $20 just for live scores, they're pretty pointless anyway given scaling and the like.

You're a good salesman Jiska :) It turns out I already have SC Gold in some form – by a roundabout method the site appears to have given it to me automatically through my FoxSports.com.au subscription which in turn came gratis from my Foxtel subscription.

So I can access all the SC Gold goodies on the team/trading pages etc, but not the live scores because I'm not subscribed to the Herald Sun... strange.

Rest assured I won't pay $20 just for live scores, they're pretty pointless anyway given scaling and the like.
Live scores are not available to SC Gold subscribers, they are only available to those that have a NEWS+ subscription (ie. those getting the HS delivered or with a digital pass). $240 a year is the cheapest you'll get that for, and it's certainly not worth paying that for live scores.

Live scores are not available to SC Gold subscribers, they are only available to those that have a NEWS+ subscription (ie. those getting the HS delivered or with a digital pass). $240 a year is the cheapest you'll get that for, and it's certainly not worth paying that for live scores.
$240? You're getting ripped off. I'm
paying $16per month *$192 for my NEWS+ digital subscription.

$240? You're getting ripped off. I'm
paying $16per month *$192 for my NEWS+ digital subscription.
You're on an old payment plan that no longer exists ;)

The yearly $240 includes a free tablet. If you don't subscribe to a yearly account, it's $6 per week ($312 per year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back