Supercoach - Matthew Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
This is certainly not a complaint as I don't even have Richo in my team. More of a query really.

Richo took 14 marks, had 6 clearances, 0 free kicks for, 3 free kicks against, 1 tackle, 12 kicks, 6 handpasses, and scored 0.0. for a total of 47 points in SC.

I randomly selected Yze to compare and Adem took 3 marks, had 0 clearances, 3 free kicks for, 0 free kicks against, 2 tackles, 12 kicks, 3 handpasses, and scored 0.0. for a total of 81 points in SC.

So, let me get this right ... Richo theoretically gives three free kicks away to Yze, has just 1 less tackle, has the same number of kicks, goals and behinds, but takes 11 more marks, has 6 more handpasses and 6 more clearances, yet scores 34 points less?

Is this an error? Could Richardson's score of 47 points be a mistake, or does this SC score somehow relate to a whole bunch of other stats that are not even listed?

richo probably had a ton of clangers and ineffective kicks. read the rules!

This is certainly not a complaint as I don't even have Richo in my team. More of a query really.

Richo took 14 marks, had 6 clearances, 0 free kicks for, 3 free kicks against, 1 tackle, 12 kicks, 6 handpasses, and scored 0.0. for a total of 47 points in SC.

I randomly selected Yze to compare and Adem took 3 marks, had 0 clearances, 3 free kicks for, 0 free kicks against, 2 tackles, 12 kicks, 3 handpasses, and scored 0.0. for a total of 81 points in SC.

So, let me get this right ... Richo theoretically gives three free kicks away to Yze, has just 1 less tackle, has the same number of kicks, goals and behinds, but takes 11 more marks, has 6 more handpasses and 6 more clearances, yet scores 34 points less?

Is this an error? Could Richardson's score of 47 points be a mistake, or does this SC score somehow relate to a whole bunch of other stats that are not even listed?

You have listed the exact reason why I play dream team and not supercoach.
At least when you are watching players in your dream team play, you can have a good idea about how they are going, whereas in supercoach, you have no idea.

thats why supercoach is FAR superior to dreamteam....ur picking a side of good footballers who get rewarded when they play well....

what a terrible excuse - "dream team is better bcos u can count the scores...." cant wait an extra couple of hours?

the format also evens out scores quite well....a player who may have had only 10 touches can score in the 100's if they were influential....(hardball gets etc) yet dreamteam and its dumbed down format will give that player a crap score...

dreamteam is for thugs, 1st timers, and pimply teenage boys...

supercoach is for the men

This is the reason that Supercoach is stupid, dream teams are always about stats. Shouldnt be about what you do with them or how you get them.

:thumbsdown:

I enjoy playing both DT and SC, but SC is more accurate in giving points. Just because two players have the same stats doesn't mean they had the same influence on the game.

People like Kerr who throw their body on the line with tackles, clearences, and hard ball gets should be rewarded more than others who just stand outside waiting for the ball to drop in their hands.

I enjoy playing both DT and SC, but SC is more accurate in giving points. Just because two players have the same stats doesn't mean they had the same influence on the game.

People like Kerr who throw their body on the line with tackles, clearences, and hard ball gets should be rewarded more than others who just stand outside waiting for the ball to drop in their hands.

To be honest i dont care what influence my dream team has on the game, just as i dont care if in cricket dream team they scored a match winning 100 or a drawn meaningless 100.

agree... the perfect example is kane kornes an uncontested possession magnet which is rewarded less in supercoach but more in dt.

supercoach rewards players who win the 50/50 balls whereas dt purely goes on how many kicks etc you get without considering how effective they are.

i actually like both formats, it is easier to predict players scores with dt but supercoach does offer a challenge.

Who decides whether the kicks are effective or not, marks are contested or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back