SuperCoach resources.... Your rating of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Shawn obviously. Toxic's HHH, JM's Hall and krk can be x-pac.

Poor krk. He went for a bronco buster and tore his anus open.

:straining:

That's fine, but you cannot disagree that after a little while, once players improve in their knowledge and skill, they look for something more than 'Post my team here' threads.

I was here before any of the YSCC, FFC, SCS forums existed. All of those sites were set up and populated by ex-BigFooty DT and SC posters. I watched waves of gun players migrate to them of their own accord after a year or two.

That fact is irrefutable.

Do you know why?

Do you know why?
Because this forum is not primarily a fantasy football forum. So there are a lot of people that visit and use the DT/SC Boards who are not fanatics, but casual users, keen on getting some quick advice so they can fix their team and beat their mates, without wanting to put any effort in.

Well I frequent there quite often and they have some very good stuff however let's not pretend that they don't have the "rate my team" kind of stuff.
Why do you have access? I didn't think you were in SCE?

Jiska does a good job here making sure we don't have dozens of similar threads clogging up the joint.
Which an amusing statement given twelve months ago you had a go at me for merging threads together :p

I didn't say they didn't have it. I said that posters look for more than just that.
As do many of the SC regulars :)

I think some people are making something out of nothing.

Because this forum is not primarily a fantasy football forum. So there are a lot of people that visit and use the DT/SC Boards who are not fanatics, but casual users, keen on getting some quick advice so they can fix their team and beat their mates, without wanting to put any effort in.
Yep, and then there's the regulars, some of whom I mentioned on the last page (GOAUS!, krk004, timtamWB, Judd_Magic, Gingy, toxic (to name only a small few as an example)), who come here day in day out, year in year out wanting to improve their team and move up from rank 2000 to rank 50. Those are the people I'm arguing are missing out; the members of the BF SC community who are terrific contributors and posters, who don't troll/spam etc. and are excluded for no particularly good reason.

These are the very posters you claim SCE was created to keep around the place; the really good, genuine, posters; the type of posters we need to encourage to keep coming here. They come here all the time to give the "casual users" some help because they love the BF community, love posting here and want to help people out. Are you suggesting that should they have a big sook and threaten to leave and go elsewhere that they'd then be welcome to join SCE but because they're not bitching and moaning and are happy enough posting with the generic "casual user" riff raff then they remain excluded??

Sorry, but your arguments just don't make sense and they don't sit well with me at all. I have a lot of time for your postings on other boards where we've come across each other and I enjoy the discussions we've had on topics - but your attitude on this one, with all due respect, stinks.

SCE should be expanded to include more long-time respected BF SC members and posters (almost similar to the Moderator boards), rather than remaining a secret in-house boys club akin to the Freemason's or the Athenaeum club.

Do you blame them? Sure, there's heaps of great posters here (especially this time of year), but as the season comes closer more and more people come in. People who add nothing.

I'd much rather have a group of people who love the game and want to talk about it seriously, over having people like thetradesman who rocks up for three weeks a year, tell everyone Cotchin is going to win the brownlow, then disappears for another eleven months.

End of the day it should be a nothing matter.

Last edited:
People like GOAUS!, krk004, timtamWB, Judd_Magic, Gingy, toxic (to name only a small few) - all of who have all consistently year in year out had good teams and have spent a lot of time on this board and all of whom, I would assume, would love to improve their knowledge and skill.

Is this a joke? Posters like Judd_Magic are half the reason people seek a new place to discuss the game.

Frequent contribution != good contribution.

Anyway, you seem to be taking this way too seriously. We're all just a bunch of random people discussing a game on the Internet. It's not important at all and you getting worked up about it so much is weird.

Is this a joke? Posters like Judd_Magic are half the reason people seek a new place to discuss the game.

Anyway, you seem to be taking this way too seriously. We're all just a bunch of random people discussing a game on the Internet. It's not important at all and you getting worked up about it so much is weird.

This is where you are wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 posts...wow
bagging Judd_Magic = go play intimately with your puppy dog

Yep, and then there's the regulars, some of whom I mentioned on the last page (GOAUS!, krk004, timtamWB, Judd_Magic, Gingy, toxic (to name only a small few as an example)), who come here day in day out, year in year out wanting to improve their team and move up from rank 2000 to rank 50. Those are the people I'm arguing are missing out; the members of the BF SC community who are terrific contributors and posters, who don't troll/spam etc. and are excluded for no particularly good reason.

These are the very posters you claim SCE was created to keep around the place; the really good, genuine, posters; the type of posters we need to encourage to keep coming here. They come here all the time to give the "casual users" some help because they love the BF community, love posting here and want to help people out. Are you suggesting that should they have a big sook and threaten to leave and go elsewhere that they'd then be welcome to join SCE but because they're not bitching and moaning and are happy enough posting with the generic "casual user" riff raff then they remain excluded??

Sorry, but your arguments just don't make sense and they don't sit well with me at all. I have a lot of time for your postings on other boards where we've come across each other and I enjoy the discussions we've had on topics - but your attitude on this one, with all due respect, stinks.

SCE should be expanded to include more long-time respected BF SC members and posters (almost similar to the Moderator boards), rather than remaining a secret in-house boys club akin to the Freemason's or the Athenaeum club.

There is nothing stopping anyone here starting up their own little private group, don't worry about it so much, put in the hard yards yourself or with other people you know and challenge them if you feel that way.

6 posts...wow
bagging Judd_Magic = go play intimately with your puppy dog
Go easy toxic - some things are not always what they seem.

But seriously, I think we need to talk more about this private moderator forum you speak of Jiska! I'm offended you guys elevate yourselves above us mere mortals :p

You could just permanent ban everyone on here if you like

Go easy toxic - some things are not always what they seem.

But seriously, I think we need to talk more about this private moderator forum you speak of Jiska! I'm offended you guys elevate yourselves above us mere mortals :p

You could just permanent ban everyone on here if you like

That was my easy version ;)

Bagging JM is not ok.

There is nothing stopping anyone here starting up their own little private group, don't worry about it so much, put in the hard yards yourself or with other people you know and challenge them if you feel that way.
I suppose we could gather up 18 people and move to another board to have private discussions, but isn't that the whole reason SCE was started, to stop that happening?

End of the day, we can't make anyone post here, nor make others allow us access to their own forums.

We just need to continue to contribute to the BF SC boards and hopefully we can get increased quality traffic.

Remember our own Tragics league was set up not necessarily based on results but banter & input on these boards.

Private board (Sub board of BF Supercoach)

36 coaches making up 2 leagues (SCE#1 & SCE#2) which have won the best overall leagues title 2 of the last 3 years running and placed top 5 numerous other years of the top of my head. All the coaches were regular contributors on this forum who cut there teeth on BF main boards before being invited as part of this group.

Most of the websites have them and you'll find leagues life FFC, Tooserious, Supercoachscores, FF and YSCC all with their own version of elite leagues with most have private forums, I think. SCPaige also claims to have an elite league I think but they are often so s**t they don't come up on the first page.

But seriously, all good posters with good knowledge of each AFL club and more importantly, some of the best knowledge of the Supercoach Game and Champion Data workings.

Not sure if we have a few spots open this year but we will certainly be ramping up very soon to so how many of the 36 from 2014 will back up again, usually we loose a couple each season and need to recruit.

Just wondering why the SCE forum can't be read only so that all BF users have access? Pages can still be clean and all users can view info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back