Supercoach Scoring

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't know if any has paid much notice on how points are awarded, but I had a good look for the first time. Thing that I cant work out is why a Hard-Ball get is scored the same as a Loose-Ball get :confused:

POINT SCORING - HERALD SUN SUPERCOACH

Effective kick 4 Points
Ineffective kick 0 Points
Clanger kick- 8 Points
Handball effective 2 Points
Ineffective handball 0 Points
Handball clanger -6 Points
Handball receive 1 Point
Hardball get 4 Points
Loose-ball get 4 Points
Goal 8 Points
Behind 1 Point
Mark uncontested (maintaining possession) 1
PointMark contested (maintaining possession) 6
PointsMark uncontested (from opposition) 4
PointsMark contested (from opposition) 8
PointsTackles 4 Points
Free kick for4 Points
Free kick against -6 Points
Hitout to Advantage 3 Points

these are just a rough guidline, theres a teacher at my school who works for champion and were always tlaking bout the dream teams, and he tells me its not like afl where you are rewarded for quantity, its quality, so if i have 50 possesions but they are all inefective then i wont score anything, and plus it goes by the state of the game and other stuff like that, for example if you kick a goal first minute of the game running into an open goal you wont get as many points if you kick a goal from 50 out with 10 seconds to go to win the game.

these are just a rough guidline, theres a teacher at my school who works for champion and were always tlaking bout the dream teams, and he tells me its not like afl where you are rewarded for quantity, its quality, so if i have 50 possesions but they are all inefective then i wont score anything, and plus it goes by the state of the game and other stuff like that, for example if you kick a goal first minute of the game running into an open goal you wont get as many points if you kick a goal from 50 out with 10 seconds to go to win the game.

If thats correct, that's very interesting. Wonder why they would bother posting this point guide if it's not actually what is used.

Keep in mind that these are "base" points only.

These have different weightings for a variety of reasons - closeness of match, stage of match etc. etc. etc.

They also get adjusted post-match (so are never really reflective of a 'raw' score) to ensure an even/reflective spread or total for the match.

Wonder why some people prefer DT over SC?

If thats correct, that's very interesting. Wonder why they would bother posting this point guide if it's not actually what is used.
It is what is used however if you read the rules properly they state that there is something like 50 different stats. I know for a fact that a bounce earns points as does a Goal Assist, spoil and Score Assist.

I think you are thinking of dreamteam. In Supercoach, points are awarded by the coaches. That is why it is called supercoach.
Oh dear.

Another classic Jeffrey post

:D YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS??!!!
Oh cmon. He's obviously right. The coaches coach and do the stats in the box during the game. Talk about multi-tasking.

lol

The SC scoring system is a joke, let's be honest.

They may as well just let the coaches make it up at the end like Jeffrey said because no-one can follow it watching a game.

What SC fails to realise is that people actually like watching a sporting contest with their fantasy players in mind. It's part of the attraction of it. All you can do with SC is log in on Monday morning and hope for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The SC scoring system is a joke, let's be honest.

They may as well just let the coaches make it up at the end like Jeffrey said because no-one can follow it watching a game.

What SC fails to realise is that people actually like watching a sporting contest with their fantasy players in mind. It's part of the attraction of it. All you can do with SC is log in on Monday morning and hope for the best.
Agree 100 percent.

Agree 100 percent.

SC actually gives a better indication of how a player performed for his team.

If a player has 10 kicks and they all miss the target, then he isn't rewarded and nor should he be.

Basic stats today are screwed ie. Kicks, Handballs, Marks etc because of all the chipping that is played in the back halves, so Supercoach tries to award players for their run, hard ball gets, contested possessions and effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back