SuperCoach Vent and Regrets 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not keeping Murphy and Kelly in mysterious starting squad trading out Riewoldt after his injury which turned out to be what 1 week android choosing shaw over laird in original squad oh and my weekly captain choices. Other than that greeeeat

Not keeping Murphy and Kelly in mysterious starting squad trading out Riewoldt after his injury which turned out to be what 1 week android choosing shaw over laird in original squad oh and my weekly captain choices. Other than that greeeeat
Excuse typos time for sleep lol

Traded out Roughead for Selwood prior to Round 7, Roughy of course has outscored him twice FML.

Got rid of WHE that round too before he tinned up

I got rid of WHE the week he tonned up too. :$

Oh well, at least it was for Macrae. :D:thumbsu:

Be advised: The following post may be offensive. Viewer discretion is advised.

My top 5 worst onfield performances which I'll affectionately call, the 'Reltons'

#5. Mitch Hannan 32 & 31
#4. Brett Eddy 30
#3. Joel Smith 23
#2. Ben Long 22
#1. Parsons 19

My top 5 worst onfield performances which I'll affectionately call, the 'Reltons'

#5. Mitch Hannan 32 & 31
#4. Brett Eddy 30
#3. Joel Smith 23
#2. Ben Long 22
#1. Parsons 19

Hey, at least Joel Smith got all his points in a quarter before going off injured.

Starting with Roughy and JOM.

Starting with Hibberd over EVW.

Not picking SPS thinking he would be under done after no pre season. Then picking Pickett instead.

Not starting with Murphy and Oliver.

Trading out Riewoldt.

Trading in Fisher and Parsons.

Trading in Dusty thinking he was 100% after averaging close to 150. Hasn't scored 100 since.

Trading in Greene the week he got suspended.

Not picking SPS thinking he would be under done after no pre season. Then picking Pickett instead.

Trading out Riewoldt.

Trading in Dusty thinking he was 100% after averaging close to 150. Hasn't scored 100 since.

I tick most of those boxes. :rolleyes:

Trading out Riewoldt.

Ouch, I just came here to say I'm spewing I didn't start the year with Clayton Oliver after being bullish, but now it seems that my regrets aren't even in the same galaxy as you.

#5. Mitch Hannan 32 & 31
#4. Brett Eddy 30
#3. Joel Smith 23
#2. Ben Long 22
#1. Parsons 19
Pfffft you forget about the worst spud.
Gawn. Scored a 27 and lost me 100k

Pfffft you forget about the worst spud.
Gawn. Scored a 27 and lost me 100k
Yes, gotta include Gawn in there. Add 2 Preuss & one Goldy donut to the menu.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vent/melt: How the **** has the Sandiwitts combo not collapsed yet? One of them is 34 and injury prone, the other got delisted from Collingwood. At the start of the year their combined cost was less than my first ruck in Goldstein. Could've started with an extra premo or two on other lines if I knew these muppets were actually going to do well.
Sandi played 22 games in '14 and '15 and only missed last year due to NN's knee

Witts went to GC for a reason cos Eade loves him and was always going to be their number 1 ruck. Also didnt get delisted, got traded

before you vent, get your facts right

Sandi played 22 games in '14 and '15 and only missed last year due to NN's knee

Witts went to GC for a reason cos Eade loves him and was always going to be their number 1 ruck. Also didnt get delisted, got traded

before you vent, get your facts right

Sandi - it was 21 games in those years but I catch your drift. You could even argue that those years were anomalies given that he hadn't played a 22 game season since 2008 prior to them. To have back-to-back 21 game seasons at that point was remarkable. My point regarding his age still stands.

Witts - fair enough regarding the details of the trade, but there were countless posts pre-season that said Nicholls was to come back in by round 4/5 after he had built up a fitness base. And Currie was meant to cause headaches with their ruck selection. Witts also injured his hand in late Feb which threw up a bit more doubt.

Sandi - it was 21 games in those years but I catch your drift. You could even argue that those years were anomalies given that he hadn't played a 22 game season since 2008 prior to them. To have back-to-back 21 game seasons at that point was remarkable. My point regarding his age still stands.

Witts - fair enough regarding the details of the trade, but there were countless posts pre-season that said Nicholls was to come back in by round 4/5 after he had built up a fitness base. And Currie was meant to cause headaches with their ruck selection. Witts also injured his hand in late Feb which threw up a bit more doubt.
yes and no for Sandi. People only read as far as that he played 5 or 6 games in 2016, so must be injury prone. Only did that because NN's knee. Nothing to show that he wouldnt have had another 21 or 22 game season last year

On Nicholls, he was never going to get a look in IMO. Eade dropped him a couple of times last year due to defensive work rate and pressure around the ball. Also had reports he came back from pre season unfit. Currie is a depth ruck, nothing more, nothing less. Witts only missed one game due to that hand injury, so point is kinda invalid

Posted this elsewhere before the season started but this was my thoughts on Witts:

"There are 3 rucks at Gold Coast – Witts, Currie and Nicholls.

Witts was recruited to the club for a reason, to ruck. They had 2 rucks who have played AFL before on their list and they bought in a 3rd. In my opinion, he has been bought in as their No1 ruck. Being the 4th tallest player in the AFL and with no 3rd man up, I think he should do quite well this year. He is a good tap ruckman and I think this will have more weight behind it this season.

Currie is a non-issue for Witts and only played the first 2 JLT games. Despite having two really good games, he missed the 3rd when Witts came back from his injury. He’s never really got much of a run at AFL level as he struggles to play forward.

Nicholls will be the one to break in if anything, while 2 goals in the NEAFL practice match is good, the team did win by 100+ points so I wouldn’t be reading to much into it at the moment. Nicholls is good around the ground but not the greatest of tap ruckman so that clashes with my view on the rucks this year. He’s still getting over his back injury and will take some games to get his body up to the speed of the AFL.

All in all, I think Witts will have the show to himself for the first part of the season and it will be his spot to lose."

Vent/melt: How the **** has the Sandiwitts combo not collapsed yet? One of them is 34 and injury prone, the other got delisted from Collingwood. At the start of the year their combined cost was less than my first ruck in Goldstein. Could've started with an extra premo or two on other lines if I knew these muppets were actually going to do well.
^^ this ^^^

THE best post of this thread, OOOooohhhh!!! so much this.

Plus, to add to the chochy coloured shite stain that is my team, throw in an equal portion of not starting WHE(Corn)
and Marchy(Nuts) and you have a Nut and Corn Shite flavoured Milkshake.

I can't even suck it up, its vomit worthy!!

See ave for proof...

Last edited:
yes and no for Sandi. People only read as far as that he played 5 or 6 games in 2016, so must be injury prone. Only did that because NN's knee. Nothing to show that he wouldnt have had another 21 or 22 game season last year

On Nicholls, he was never going to get a look in IMO. Eade dropped him a couple of times last year due to defensive work rate and pressure around the ball. Also had reports he came back from pre season unfit. Currie is a depth ruck, nothing more, nothing less. Witts only missed one game due to that hand injury, so point is kinda invalid

Another year older for Sandi might've decreased the chances of another 21/22 game season. But then you could argue that only playing a handful of games in 2016 would've left him fresh and ready to go for 2017.

We're on the same page re: Nicholls. I said he was unfit and many on this board thought he would be back in contention after a few rounds. With Nicholls unfit and Witts injured (albeit for a short period of time as it turned out), Currie was looking like the no. 1 ruck. Not to mention Nicholls could still get a look in later in the year.

All I'm saying is that at the time, there was a fair amount of risk in picking either of them, let alone both.

All in all, I think Witts will have the show to himself for the first part of the season and it will be his spot to lose."

Exactly. There was (is?) still the risk of Witts losing the spot, which deterred many, and opted for a Gawnstein approach instead.

It still goes back to my original vent of knowing in hindsight that Sandiwitts would've been more than serviceable, and would've freed up a lot of cash to spend elsewhere.

£uckin Treloar the massive knob is easily my biggest regret this year. Pretty much could have picked anyone at his price who is actually performing like a SP.
Don't know whether to hold or trade this Vickery hearted figjam!
And my team has included the likes of Relton Pickett, o'meara, swallow, matera and Thurlow!

£uckin Treloar the massive knob is easily my biggest regret this year. Pretty much could have picked anyone at his price who is actually performing like a SP.
Don't know whether to hold or trade this Vickery hearted figjam!
And my team has included the likes of Relton Pickett, o'meara, swallow, matera and Thurlow!

Get rid of the muppet ASAP. :$

You'll thank yourself later. :thumbsu:

Traded out Roughead for Selwood prior to Round 7, Roughy of course has outscored him twice FML.

Got rid of WHE that round too before he tinned up
Ouch on Roughy

What a troll, at least he spudded up the week I traded him. Upgraded him to Rockliff got a 104, then a yuck 50 odd, but at least he bounced back on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back