SuperCoach Vent and Regrets 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggest regret, not selecting some of the players who get fifty points for running through the banner.
Banner runners = 50 points= Premo.
Lace tying = 25 points = middle tier

Score: 2424
Weekly Ranking: 39 917
Overall Ranking: 18 578 (17 711)
Heroes: Docherty, Laird, Dangerfield (C), Zorko, Fyfe, Beams, Nankervis, Macrae, Yeo, Present Me
Villains: McDonald, Bontempelli (E), Past Me
Trades Made: Young to Strnadica
Trades Planned: Who knows.
Trades Left: 2

Trades: 7/10.

The Young to Strnadica trade allowed me to loophole Gawn, and gave me a R/F DPP link again.

Defence: 5/10

Absolutely dreadful score from Tom McDonald dragged a reasonable showing into the doldrums, made even worse by the fact that he is a big POD. I loopholed Lloyd down back, and I was tossing up whether to play Witherden instead of his 81 - as it was, other matters made that decision a moot point. Shaw finally tonned up; Docherty was back to his brilliant best. Laird returned to his best form, and Adams posted another ton.

Midfield: 7/10

And the other matter rears its ugly head. I eventually decided to loophole in the midfield. Had the player I decided to loophole scored well, I wouldn't have been able to loophole in the ruck, or I would've had to play Witherden in place of Lloyd. As it was, as West Coast's Bayok was my loopholing agent, so I had to decide between Bontempelli or Treloar. I was going to go with Treloar, but the extra time that I would have had swung my choice towards Bontempelli, and boy did it pay off in a big way. For his part, Treloar had an excellent final term to post a reasonable score, Mountford did his part on the bench, but my POD Coniglio was under par. Rockliff had a good last term but was still disappointing, I didn't lose any points playing Witherden over Mountford. The rest of my midfield was excellent; Zorko brilliant early but slowed slightly under the attention of Melksham; Dangerfield powered on to another brilliant C score; Beams and Fyfe continued their magnificent late season form.

Rucks: 7.5/10

I thought Kreuzer was heading for another big score, but he slowed; I loopholed Gawn and decided to gamble on Nankervis in his place, and the gamble paid off. Funnily enough I had 3 trades in Real Dream team, so I got myself Gibbs (105), and benched JPK (130), with Gaff (63) on field. I swung Steele (110), up forward, keeping Greenwood (96), on the bench, with JJK (59), on field, which allowed me to put Gawn (65) on field, and Nankervis (140), on the bench. I lost 182 points just by those poor bench choices.

Forwards: 8/10

The Continuing Adventures of Jack Macrae had another high, with a brilliant 145 leading the line. Yeo finally hit the ton, after a run of decent scores that couldn't quite break the 100. JJK was below par, but can be forgiven as it was against one of the competition's best sides; Dahlhaus was below par, Heeney had a massive rally to post 90, and Greenwood did his bit from the emergency loophole.

Overall: 7/10

Well, easily my best score of the year and I still fall in the rankings. My big points of difference mostly disappointed, and despite just about nailing every on-field selection, my previous trade decisions continue to bit me. I also have to deal with an annoyance in the draw, as McDonald and Witherden play at the same time, so I cannot loophole the two.

I will have to decide on how best to use my final two trades.

Regrets? A few but not many....

Starting with Trelolar :drunk:
Starting with Shaw :$
Bont (to an extent) ;)
Trading out Fyfe during the byes :'(
Maybe trading Powell-Pepper too early. :$
Trading spud Lynch in during the byes and rage trading him out 2 rounds later. :mad::thumbsdown:
Not starting with Doc but starting with spud Shaw. :'(
Not having the next gen mids in my team (Oliver, Kelly) :'(:'(

Apart from the above mentioned a pretty good season. :rainbow: :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Bont (to an extent) ;)
Trading spud Lynch in during the byes and rage trading him out 2 rounds later. :mad::thumbsdown:

Cant look back on the what ifs. You;ve killed it.
Here's to you !
The SC Anthem.

Cant look back on the what ifs. You;ve killed it.
Here's to you !
The SC Anthem.

Cheers man.

It really has been a great season. :thumbsu:

Just hoping for one more great weekend so I can win all my sc grand finals including my cash league grand final. :rainbow:

\
Just hoping for one more great weekend so I can win all my sc grand finals including my cash league grand final. :rainbow:

ldDXL.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont (to an extent) ;)

A pretty good season ? Mate youve had a ******* ripper of a season, anyone inside the top 1000 has had an outstanding year.

A pretty good season ? Mate youve had a ******* ripper of a season, anyone inside the top 1000 has had an outstanding year.

I'm a pretty modest person mate so didn't want to blow my own trumpet too hard. LOL! :p

But yeah you're probably right, I'm talking my season down a bit. Haha! ;)

I really need to win all my grand finals this week which includes my home league, cash league and beating that campaigner Here2tellyouwhy in the inaugural Beverly Hills premiership cup to make this season an unforgettable one. LOL! :D:thumbsu:

I hope Sam Butler presents me the Beverly Hills Premiership cup mate after I pull your pants down on the weekend you campaigner. LOL! :D:thumbsu:
Personally I'll be looking forward to some new material from Here2tellyouwhy (Yawn thank GOD!!) now Premiership player Sam Butler retires.
Jackie_Chiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back