FTA-TV Supergirl

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. I allow for taste with a lot of things - heck, I like a lot of mediocre shows myself - but Gotham is all-round terrible. There's a reason it is consistently critically panned.

I use it as the same way I use Two And A Half Men as a metric for someone's comedic tastes.

Last edited:
Yeah, people said that and I gave it another go. It's still garbage.

You'd have to be a die-hard fanboi to like it, as evidenced by the awful reviews it consistently gets.

We can all pick out reviews that support our opinions can't we?

After all, that's what it is, an opinion.

You don't like it, cool. I do like it, as do many others. Otherwise it would've been canned.

We can all pick out reviews that support our opinions can't we?

After all, that's what it is, an opinion.

You don't like it, cool. I do like it, as do many others. Otherwise it would've been canned.
Well yeah, how many seasons did 2.5 Men last?

I mean, I have no problem with you liking the show, but let's call a spade a spade.

Well yeah, how many seasons did 2.5 Men last?

I mean, I have no problem with you liking the show, but let's call a spade a spade.
You're ridiculous.
Gotham is a league above Supergirl.

You lied about the universal panning on the show. Even the critique you linked to doesn't say it's that bad.
Anything that opposes your view is a nerd site.

Want to call a spade a spade? OK, it's you that's the fanboi.

Haha, touched a nerve I see.

I like Supergirl. It's not a sophisticated show, and it's cheesy as *, but it's bright and fun and slips in some sly social commentary without taking itself too seriously. A+ guilty pleasure TV right there.

Gotham is just pretentious and poorly-plotted dreck, nigh-on unwatchable if you're not a comic book nerd.

I like Supergirl. It's not a sophisticated show, and it's cheesy as ****, but it's bright and fun and slips in some sly social commentary without taking itself too seriously. A+ guilty pleasure TV right there.

Gotham is just pretentious and poorly-plotted dreck, nigh-on unwatchable if you're not a comic book nerd.
Lol what? I've read maybe one comic book in my life and I really enjoy Gotham.

So much for 'nigh-on unwatchable'

I like Supergirl. It's not a sophisticated show, and it's cheesy as ****, but it's bright and fun and slips in some sly social commentary without taking itself too seriously. A+ guilty pleasure TV right there.

please don't use the word 'sophisticated' to describe supergirl. there's a reason your in a s**t fight about which is better supergirl or gotham and its because they are around the same league as each other. Both series are mediocre catering to pre-existing fanbase, one is moody, one is upbeat. that is all there is to it.

i'm amazed either show has reached 3 seasons, a great show like almost human which could actually be described as sophisticated without talking about the director of wardrobe didn't even get its entire first season and these bland forgettable shows, cash in on an IP and get 3.

Supergirl is nigh-on unwatchable if you're not a desperately lonely nerd, who wants to watch someone running around in a Sailor moon type skirt.
Wow, pretty easy to write meaningless and pretentious s**t. But you're very good at it.

You're admitting that you hold Gotham to a higher standard, and it isn't meeting that standard.
That's fine. Just don't pretend that Supergirl is an all round better show. And don't lie about the ratings, or the people who watch it, or any of the other stupid stuff you're doing.

Fool.

please don't use the word 'sophisticated' to describe supergirl. there's a reason your in a s**t fight about which is better supergirl or gotham and its because they are around the same league as each other. Both series are mediocre catering to pre-existing fanbase, one is moody, one is upbeat. that is all there is to it.

i'm amazed either show has reached 3 seasons, a great show like almost human which could actually be described as sophisticated without talking about the director of wardrobe didn't even get its entire first season and these bland forgettable shows, cash in on an IP and get 3.
Nope, Gotham is a league above supergirl.
But I'm not saying it's the best show ever.
I think it's fairly watchable.

But if I was asked about a list of the best shows ever, I wouldn't even think of Gotham.
I think it's good, for what it is.
If I was expecting quality like The Wire or Band of Brothers, then I wouldn't be able to last 5 minutes.

It isn't appealing to the lowest common denominator, like Two Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, and junk like that.

I'm saying that Daredevil and Gotham have raised the bar for those kind of shows. That doesn't mean that I think it's anything to write home about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supergirl is nigh-on unwatchable if you're not a desperately lonely nerd, who wants to watch someone running around in a Sailor moon type skirt.
Wow, pretty easy to write meaningless and pretentious s**t. But you're very good at it.

You're admitting that you hold Gotham to a higher standard, and it isn't meeting that standard.
That's fine. Just don't pretend that Supergirl is an all round better show. And don't lie about the ratings, or the people who watch it, or any of the other stupid stuff you're doing.

Fool.

Nope, Gotham is a league above supergirl.
But I'm not saying it's the best show ever.
I think it's fairly watchable.

But if I was asked about a list of the best shows ever, I wouldn't even think of Gotham.
I think it's good, for what it is.
If I was expecting quality like The Wire or Band of Brothers, then I wouldn't be able to last 5 minutes.

It isn't appealing to the lowest common denominator, like Two Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, and junk like that.

I'm saying that Daredevil and Gotham have raised the bar for those kind of shows. That doesn't mean that I think it's anything to write home about.
Haha. Wow, someone's got their panties in a knot.

Neither are particularly sophisticated shows, but at least Supergirl's cheerful and good at what it's trying to do. Gotham is the worst kind of dreck.

Sorry if the truth offends.

fccb11480771e390dcbdf1ed6b3f8edd.jpg

Haha. Wow, someone's got their panties in a knot.

Neither are particularly sophisticated shows, but at least Supergirl's cheerful and good at what it's trying to do. Gotham is the worst kind of dreck.

Sorry if the truth offends.
No, I made a statement about my opinion, you sulked about it an insulted me.

I responded in kind, and you get even more hysterical.
Then you say there must be a problem with the other posters.

Grow up.

Back to the thread. I'm up to episode 14, and it's definitely improved.

Glad I kept watching it.

But I'm not sure if the show has improved, or if I've just become more familiar with the characters.

The fight scenes are terrible.

Having now watched episode 18. I'm done.

This show sucks, I can't even finish the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back