Movie Superman: The Final Cut

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like it's the 3 hr TV version, which is my preferred cut. The theatrical cut looks rushed by comparison.

I tend to take the Richard Donner point of view, the made for tv version is inferior (unfinished audio/effects) scenes too drawn out (hence why a lot of changes were made for the theatrical version).

Superman 2000 is my favourite version. That said the 4K version of the theatrical movie is pretty awesome :D (as they fixed the colouring issues that existed in the original using the same method that occurred with Superman 2000).

It's still the prototype for all superhero movies.

People say Superman is too whacky for modern audiences, yet this was a success, and it was made during the gritty 70s in New York. They make a few light jokes about his costume, and other aspects of Superman that were dated or corny even back then, and then they get on with the business of telling an engaging adventure plot.

Superman or Kent's old-fashion can always be explained by his rural upbringing too.

Plus, if they can make a decent Shazam movie, a Superman film should be relatively easy to pull off.

It's still the prototype for all superhero movies.

People say Superman is too whacky for modern audiences, yet this was a success, and it was made during the gritty 70s in New York. They make a few light jokes about his costume, and other aspects of Superman that were dated or corny even back then, and then they get on with the business of telling an engaging adventure plot.

Superman or Kent's old-fashion can always be explained by his rural upbringing too.

Plus, if they can make a decent Shazam movie, a Superman film should be relatively easy to pull off.

It's still my favourite comic book movie and by extension favourite movie of all time. It has a lot of heart and soul that many comic movies fail to capture.

The thing that annoys me is that there are some modern Superman stories that they could easily make a full cinema movie out of....... yet they just can't manage it ? I mean Man of Steel should have been something special (since they took inspiration from a few quality stories) yet they didn't go all the way and just borrowed a few concepts.

I have to be content with the animated universe

Looking forward to this.

It's still my favourite comic book movie and by extension favourite movie of all time. It has a lot of heart and soul that many comic movies fail to capture.

The thing that annoys me is that there are some modern Superman stories that they could easily make a full cinema movie out of....... yet they just can't manage it ? I mean Man of Steel should have been something special (since they took inspiration from a few quality stories) yet they didn't go all the way and just borrowed a few concepts.

I have to be content with the animated universe

Looking forward to this.

Same with BvS, they really rushed Doomsday, and ruined that story.

Same with BvS, they really rushed Doomsday, and ruined that story.

They could have saved Doomsday for a proper solo Superman movie

But nooooooooooooooo shoehorned in with Batman.... the best part of Batman v Superman for me was the Wonder Woman intro during the final fight :p

So we watched Superman Sat night cos that trailer inspired our nostalgia for the film. Some of the special effects in the film are very weak by today's standards and I would love to see this updated for real using some great quality CGI. All the other elements in the film still work so well and Marlon Brando as Jor'el was fantastic. The film's quirky comedy and kitsch make it so much fun to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back