Society & Culture Supermarket/shopping centre stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Working in a closed store was awesome, we use to ride the pallet jacks like a scooter round the store until one twat stacked it and broke his arm and that was the end of the fun.

But having no customers to bother you was amazing, you knew how much time you had to complete your tasks and could just get in cruise control and get it done.

Have you wondered what it be like to be locked into a store at night?

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Happened to me at the office once. Public service, 5 o'clock there was a mass exodus with the boss locking up after. Unfortunately I'd gone to the loo and the boss left early with everyone else. Wound up having to bust a window lock and go down the fire escape ladder.

Would be fairly creepy in a shop at night. Especially one with mannequins. I've seen enough movies to know they come alive once the lights are out.

I spent the night in the ladies toilet of a pub I worked in, I'd gone out, forgot my keys and had to break in through the ladies loo window. We locked the toilet doors at night so people couldn't break in and I had to spend an uncomfortable night on the floor using bar towels as blankets. It was a good thing I was pretty pissed and fell asleep easily.

Happened to me at the office once. Public service, 5 o'clock there was a mass exodus with the boss locking up after. Unfortunately I'd gone to the loo and the boss left early with everyone else. Wound up having to bust a window lock and go down the fire escape ladder.

Would be fairly creepy in a shop at night. Especially one with mannequins. I've seen enough movies to know they come alive once the lights are out.

If there's a toilet and food available it wouldnt be that bad. A bed would be handy too

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I spent the night in the ladies toilet of a pub I worked in, I'd gone out, forgot my keys and had to break in through the ladies loo window. We locked the toilet doors at night so people couldn't break in and I had to spend an uncomfortable night on the floor using bar towels as blankets. It was a good thing I was pretty pissed and fell asleep easily.

I had the opposite, was living above a pub in the UK and woke one night after locking up to the sounds of someone downstairs opening the side door. From there they proceeded to deactivate the alarm, head up and rummage around in the office where we kept our safe. Sent the pub manager a message and got an immediate response of he doesn't know who it is and he's on his way. He arrived 5 minutes later (lived 10 minutes away) and I met him downstairs, advising him that whoever it was they were still in the building.

We go up together to confront the intruder and notice him lying on the couch in the office trying to get to sleep. Turns out one of our bar staff had a fight with his old man and decided to sleep on the couch at the pub rather than spend the night at home. He was very apologetic the next morning once he realised he'd scared the s*it out of me by not providing a heads up.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is why you don't go shopping while drunk. That f***er was absolutely legless.
Sad and hilarious at the same time. You know in that guys mind he is thinking how s**t the world is because of how he has ended up. Probably why he got blotto in the 1st place. Hates everything and everyone probably.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Sad and hilarious at the same time. You know in that guys mind he is thinking how sh*t the world is because of how he has ended up. Probably why he got blotto in the 1st place. Hates everything and everyone probably.

My brother ln law got on the charlie before going Xmas shopping last year, he reckoned it made it easy ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back