adelcrows

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Yankees,E Freo!
I was thinking this week, I'm quite superstitious (But only when it comes to sport though :/ )

What are some interesting superstitions others have or have had at times?

I know Andrew McLeod would NEVER run through the banner, always had to run around it..

I can never bet on my team, this week I'm hoping I lose a whole bunch lol, kinda that slap in the face bonus you lose..

I can't change the channel or TV settings if we are on goalscoring run..

I'm sure there are a few doozies out there, cmon, spill them :)

I used to use Crows players names + numbers as my passwords for my account at work since it was a combination of letters and numbers that I could easily remember. After a while I noticed that the players I used for these passwords often ended up leaving the club and/or getting long-term injuries.

So now I only use the names and numbers of players from other clubs :p

I used to use Crows players names + numbers as my passwords for my account at work since it was a combination of letters and numbers that I could easily remember. After a while I noticed that the players I used for these passwords often ended up leaving the club and/or getting long-term injuries.

Never thought to use Mackay14 huh?

By far the most common superstition is the one about supporters being too confident and being punished by the footy gods for their hubris.

So ...

The Crows will humiliate Geelong, GWS will beat the Tigers, I will get a ticket in the GF ballot and the Crows will destroy GWS in the big dance :)

By far the most common superstition is the one about supporters being too confident and being punished by the footy gods for their hubris.

So ...

The Crows will humiliate Geelong, GWS will beat the Tigers, I will get a ticket in the GF ballot and the Crows will destroy GWS in the big dance :)
* you

:D

I was thinking this week, I'm quite superstitious (But only when it comes to sport though :/ )

What are some interesting superstitions others have or have had at times?

I know Andrew McLeod would NEVER run through the banner, always had to run around it..

I can never bet on my team, this week I'm hoping I lose a whole bunch lol, kinda that slap in the face bonus you lose..

I can't change the channel or TV settings if we are on goalscoring run..

I'm sure there are a few doozies out there, cmon, spill them :)
I bet on us once. Had run a bonus bet reasonably well and was looking to beef it up with an easy win. Put it all on us to beat bottom of the ladder West Coast and we got flogged. Never did it again. If I bet on Crows games now it's only for us to lose when we're solid favourites, cushions the blow.

Sounds like your passwords have the same kiss of death as my favourite player list.
Over time it goes something like:
Modra, Welsh, Mattner, Maric, Tippett, Wright, Danger...

Always listen to the team song a few times on the bus to the ground.

I do not listen to the Crows theme song other than when I'm at the game, it's on TV or the boys singing the song.

My phone is never on the home screen without selecting a iPhone folder during the match.

I do not go on my PC during a match typically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stil have my 98 back to back polo. I swore I wouldn't stop wearing it until I had a replacement.

Quality item. Threadbare but still wearable :(
I genuinely do have a 97 premiers T-shirt (bear in mind I was 13 in 97) and I crank it out on GF most years for a laugh.. yeah it's pretty thin these days..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back