List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is no one wanted him in the draft not even GWS and hes been in their system for a long time. Shows he has serious work to do. Id sign him to our VFL side only.

A big bodied inside mid is the last thing GWS need which is probably why they tried to turn him into a defender. Will be interesting to see if we give him a shot but I think you're right he may just end up on the VFL squad.

A big bodied inside mid is the last thing GWS need which is probably why they tried to turn him into a defender. Will be interesting to see if we give him a shot but I think you're right he may just end up on the VFL squad.
He could be similar to Tuck who took a while to find his feet when playing the size he is

But since we have RCD on the list who is a similar size and role except with more midfield exposure as a JR we may not take the risk on a another similar player

Will be interesting what direction we go

When will the club release the information?

Problem is no one wanted him in the draft not even GWS and hes been in their system for a long time. Shows he has serious work to do. Id sign him to our VFL side only.
I really don’t like this argument, no one wanted to draft Pickett, Lambo, Broad or Baker in their draft years (and several years after for the first three.

There’s a massive list of players across the AFL and history of the AFL who went undrafted and then went on to have fantastic careers.

I really don’t like this argument, no one wanted to draft Pickett, Lambo, Broad or Baker in their draft years (and several years after for the first three.

There’s a massive list of players across the AFL and history of the AFL who went undrafted and then went on to have fantastic careers.
It's a tough one...

Sometimes (are more often than not) the statement is pretty accurate, teams overlook them because mostly, they are not good enough.

But there's always the argument for what a professional lifestyle will allow for some blokes.
Blokes who are studying and/or working combining with U18 commitments or VFL/WAFL/SANFL commitments doesn't allow them to actually flourish and become the best footballer they can, but putting them into a professional environment, with good structure, eating plans, correct recovery and pgysical improvement, their football goes through the roof... And it can work the other way, kids who star on talent alone are drafted for their ability, but the professional environment is too restrictive for them so they regress...

But no Callow or Baldwin, and that despite our obvious need for a young KPF or two on our list. Really says something about how they rate their chances of making it at AFL level.

Cci. (Round 5..)
Chol.
Miller?

With broad and astbury in the the ruck at times balta can go forward. Maybe his ultimate position?

won a flag with caddy as key forward. Not a bad option to have in the 2s.

They keep saying caddy is a wing but Pickett and McIntosh think otherwise

But no Callow or Baldwin, and that despite our obvious need for a young KPF or two on our list. Really says something about how they rate their chances of making it at AFL level.

Cci.
Chol.
Nyuon?
Miller?

With broad and astbury in the the ruck at times balta can go forward. Maybe his ultimate position?

Picked up the tallest player ever and another ruck. Interesting to see if they are options

Cci.
Chol.
Nyuon?
Miller?

Picked up the tallest player ever and another ruck. Interesting to see if they are options
Yeah we have some tall players on the list, but do you honestly think Chol, Nyuon or Miller will be our Riewoldt replacement?

Let's hope CCJ has a breakout year.

Yeah we have some tall players on the list, but do you honestly think Chol, Nyuon or Miller will be our Riewoldt replacement?

Ccj I'm hoping there is a chance.

Nyuon maybe he is 19 but it'd be nice to have other options

Personally I like balta forward but jack and astbury maybe retire together?

Drafting tall next time seems to make sense. Could trade up because the tigers have a lot of picks and future picks (for a potential jack replacement)

Ccj I'm hoping there is a chance.

Nyuon maybe he is 19 but it'd be nice to have other options

Personally I like balta forward but jack and astbury maybe retire together?

Drafting tall next time seems to make sense. Could trade up because the tigers have a lot of picks and future picks (for a potential jack replacement)
Yeah I get what you mean. I just wish we had at least invited one of Callow or Baldwin to training so we could get a better idea of them, but I trust our recruiters. If CCJ doesn't pan out then Lynch could be very busy for a couple of seasons :think:

Settle petal , in case you didn’t realise we ve heavily invested in the 21 draft
2 x r1
2 x r2
2 x r3
Just leave the rest to clarkey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle petal , in case you didn’t realise we ve heavily invested in the 21 draft
2 x r1
2 x r2
2 x r3
Just leave the rest to clarkey
I'm pretty settled, but cheers. We do have a good draft hand (worth noting the 2 first rounds will likely be late), but unless we're trading them for a ready-made key forward we'll still be in some strife.

Most key forwards drafted aren't ready to go and need several years to develop. As many have mentioned Riewoldt may not have that many years left in him.

I'm pretty settled, but cheers. We do have a good draft hand (worth noting the 2 first rounds will likely be late), but unless we're trading them for a ready-made key forward we'll still be in some strife.

Most key forwards drafted aren't ready to go and need several years to develop. As many have mentioned Riewoldt may not have that many years left in him.
We got Tom lynch and other talls on our list that will be able to be tried over next 12m prior to the draft , What’s the hurry ?

FA is our friend when it comes to KP's.
Trade for mids if need be.

We got Tom lynch and other talls on our list that will be able to be tried over next 12m prior to the draft , What’s the hurry ?
Wouldn't be out of the question we could go back to using Caddy up fwd when Jack retires.

Yeah I get what you mean. I just wish we had at least invited one of Callow or Baldwin to training so we could get a better idea of them, but I trust our recruiters. If CCJ doesn't pan out then Lynch could be very busy for a couple of seasons :think:
I too thought that however the FACT that no one had offered them a run suggests they’re off the pace

that's fair enough on both points, but, lets be honest, the SANFL two's isn't much to write home about... and given Westies were last, you would have liked him to push in for a game o two at the back end of the year...

I am more than happy to be proven wrong tho if we do take him and it works out...

I just think for the last spot on the list, it's unlikely for whoever gets picked to play, so taking Green might have better flow on effects than anything else on offer.
SANFL two's is not a bad standard. Massive jump up from Under 18. I watched a season of TAC and a season of SANFL two's, and the later is miles above and would be one of the top level comps in Vic.

FA is our friend when it comes to KP's.
Trade for mids if need be.

Our gameplan really doesn't need superstar key forwards (and I would argue the AFL has made the position almost obsolete). Big mobile guys who can take a mark down the line and make a contest in the F50 are all that is required. As great as the Big Tuna has been, he only averages 2 goals a game across his career. I'd suggest good key forwards who get to lots of contests and crash packs create more goals than they kick in the modern game.

Our gameplan really doesn't need superstar key forwards (and I would argue the AFL has made the position almost obsolete). Big mobile guys who can take a mark down the line and make a contest in the F50 are all that is required. As great as the Big Tuna has been, he only averages 2 goals a game across his career. I'd suggest good key forwards who get to lots of contests and crash packs create more goals than they kick in the modern game.
The exact reason why Riewoldt has been so good, especially in the last 5 years. Can crash the packs and bring it to ground, where he is pretty handy as well, but can also a great mark from all directions. I think we need a true forward in the draft, one that is as close to Riewoldt as possible. I want Miller to go forward this year in the VFL. Is quick, big and mobile and when occasionally gone forward looks a natural, and we have nobody else remotely close to Jack on the list.

Agree in essence however when you have someone like lunch oppos panic and he attracts a few defenders leaving us a spare somewhere.
Can't imagine someone like a Chol attracting the same attention hence making scoring more difficult.
Think the reason lunches average is a).played in a s**t side.
b).Plays a role with us.
I'd have no hesitation if we use fa on a lot of he's deemed worthy.

Lynch <3 the scariest KPF we've had in a while, arguably since Richo.
The man is a monster, he knocked that St Kilda player out and you need a 3rd intercept defender to help out at all times.
The man is a bully who I am glad is on our team.
Clunks contested marks and often times marks or crashes pack when kicking down the line.

Agree in essence however when you have someone like lunch oppos panic and he attracts a few defenders leaving us a spare somewhere.
Can't imagine someone like a Chol attracting the same attention hence making scoring more difficult.
Think the reason lunches average is a).played in a sh*t side.
b).Plays a role with us.
I'd have no hesitation if we use fa on a lot of he's deemed worthy.
Exhibit A was QF last year , you can’t put a numpty up , qty required to spread the oppo defence and prevent the likes of andrews having a field day with umpteen interceptions

Back