List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The exact reason why Riewoldt has been so good, especially in the last 5 years. Can crash the packs and bring it to ground, where he is pretty handy as well, but can also a great mark from all directions. I think we need a true forward in the draft, one that is as close to Riewoldt as possible. I want Miller to go forward this year in the VFL. Is quick, big and mobile and when occasionally gone forward looks a natural, and we have nobody else remotely close to Jack on the list.
Don't forget CJ will be playing from round 5. I expect as forward ruck. Selectors seemed to like playing 3 tall fwds last year and I expect CJ to play ahead of Chol

Exhibit A was QF last year , you can’t put a numpty up , qty required to spread the oppo defence and prevent the likes of andrews having a field day with umpteen interceptions
Name a premiership side without a quality KP.

Name a premiership side without a quality KP.
Bulldogs, but they were definitely an exception and not the rule.

Every other recent premier has had at least one quality KPF, if not multiple.

We got Tom lynch and other talls on our list that will be able to be tried over next 12m prior to the draft , What’s the hurry ?
No hurry, but I think it is pretty important to have a succession plan in place. If we're lucky Riewoldt could play another 3-4 seasons, but we could also be unlucky and have him hang up the boots after this year. No way to know.

Lynch <3 the scariest KPF we've had in a while, arguably since Richo.
The man is a monster, he knocked that St Kilda player out and you need a 3rd intercept defender to help out at all times.
The man is a bully who I am glad is on our team.
Clunks contested marks and often times marks or crashes pack when kicking down the line.
That is why Jack works so well with him, a very different player, a smart one who knows when to lead and when not to get in his way yet still be effective, and why I think we need a mobile type not another ruck type.

No hurry, but I think it is pretty important to have a succession plan in place. If we're lucky Riewoldt could play another 3-4 seasons, but we could also be unlucky and have him hang up the boots after this year. No way to know.
Tom Boyd?

Jack looked pretty flat footed last year, a major asset, so unless he was injured that won't get any better. He's 32, how many key forwards are still going at 33. Hawkins probably the only one.

He played the game of his life, but I'm not sure I'd call Tom Boyd a quality KPF sadly.
His whole finals series was pretty good Boyd... which possibly adds weight to the argument, because without him playing the best month of his life, they wouldn't have won...

But your right, outside of that, he gave little, which also may explain why the dogs were s**t every other year hahaha

We have a plan to invest heavily in the next draft with a suite of picks , no cause for panic . You d think we re here right now with our first pick in next draft at r3

I'm pretty settled, but cheers. We do have a good draft hand (worth noting the 2 first rounds will likely be late), but unless we're trading them for a ready-made key forward we'll still be in some strife.

Most key forwards drafted aren't ready to go and need several years to develop. As many have mentioned Riewoldt may not have that many years left in him.
This year KPFs Jeremy Cameron, Ben Brown moved clubs. Pros and cons about them. But if we could get Himmelburg it'd be good. Be intersting to see how the Giants go without Cameron
**forgot Daniher

Last edited:
Lynch <3 the scariest KPF we've had in a while, arguably since Richo.
The man is a monster, he knocked that St Kilda player out and you need a 3rd intercept defender to help out at all times.
The man is a bully who I am glad is on our team.
Clunks contested marks and often times marks or crashes pack when kicking down the line.
Richo was a lot of things. 'Scary' was nor one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget CJ will be playing from round 5. I expect as forward ruck. Selectors seemed to like playing 3 tall fwds last year and I expect CJ to play ahead of Chol
He ll get a crack and I tip miller to get a chance possibly from r1 , we got a few levers that’s for sure

He ll get a crack and I tip miller to get a chance possibly from r1 , we got a few levers that’s for sure

Miller featured in the latest training video. He looked to be moving nicely. Got some good mentions last year in the scratch match notes. Fourth year this year, if we get a bit out of him and or Garthwaite it certainly won’t hurt. Hoping they both get somewhere with their footy.

Miller featured in the latest training video. He looked to be moving nicely. Got some good mentions last year in the scratch match notes. Fourth year this year, if we get a bit out of him and or Garthwaite it certainly won’t hurt. Hoping they both get somewhere with their footy.
I noticed that too.. he looked real good running and evading with the ball

Forgot about Kennedy. He's different to Jack, plays more like Lynch and Hawkins who lead to the ball and have great strength. As I mentioned earlier, hope Jack was injured last year and gets his jump back.
Quite right there , and it is possible the posterior injury from 2019 still hampered him, , maybe or maybe not . I reckon jacks marking diminished some , he grassed plenty that he would normally have swallowed which is typical of an ageing player . Here’s hoeing we see some top form , he’s been a terrific player jack and doesn’t get the credit he deserves for a triple Coleman , triple premiership player , doesn’t mind GF either just quietly , ask tex, jezza and Hawkins how easy that is 😗

This year KPFs Jeremy Cameron, Ben Brown moved clubs. Pros and cons about them. But if we could get Himmelburg it'd be good. Be intersting to see how the Giants go without Cameron
Yep.Himmelburg would be the ideal replacement for Jack.However he's contracted until 2023.

If there is any change from Balta KPF/ruck, Season 2020 selection logic would have Chol first in line as the 3rd KPF/2nd ruck. Balta to KPD. Broad OUT. Personally I'd leave Balta KPF/ruck until CJ is available. If Miller comes in as second ruck/3rd KPF. Balta goes back & Broad OUT.

Quite right there , and it is possible the posterior injury from 2019 still hampered him, , maybe or maybe not . I reckon jacks marking diminished some , he grassed plenty that he would normally have swallowed which is typical of an ageing player . Here’s hoeing we see some top form , he’s been a terrific player jack and doesn’t get the credit he deserves for a triple Coleman , triple premiership player , doesn’t mind GF either just quietly , ask tex, jezza and Hawkins how easy that is 😗
JR kicked one more goal than Lynch. But you're correct about him not looking right. Dropped a lot of marks. I put it down to hub life. I expect an improvement from Jack. Benjamin Button effect. Reaching 300 games will be a nice bonus.

Back