List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs, but they were definitely an exception and not the rule.

Every other recent premier has had at least one quality KPF, if not multiple.

No hurry, but I think it is pretty important to have a succession plan in place. If we're lucky Riewoldt could play another 3-4 seasons, but we could also be unlucky and have him hang up the boots after this year. No way to know.
I suspect JR8 has one eye cast to games played by Cousin Nick. This gets him well into season 2022 but it's not really Jack's call is it? Likely to be The club and then his body in that order for JR's last game. A body that has fronted up for over 300 games can pull up very quickly.

I suspect JR8 has one eye cast to games played by Cousin Nick. This gets him well into season 2022 but it's not really Jack's call is it? Likely to be The club and then his body in that order for JR's last game. A body that has fronted up for over 300 games can pull up very quickly.
Nick 336 games... Jack 283. (32y.o.) Jack won't beat him. Just have to enjoy the annual 300 club lunches together.

Too many people writing off Jack too quickly imo
2020- 28 goals 15 and (7th in the coleman playing 2nd fiddle to Lynch)

Jack Darling - 27 goals 10
Jeremy Cameron 24 goals 13
Charlie Dixon had apparently a great year kicking 32 goals (just 4 more than Jack)

Jack Riewoldt admitted he struggled with hub life and was effected by it and concentration on things away from football effected him, I wouldnt be surprised he comes out in 2021 and averages 2 goals a game and im not going to be asking him to retire if he kicks 40+ goals a year

Jack has 2 more years and that gives us time to find his replacement for 2023 season

Charlie Dixon had apparently a great year kicking 32 goals (just 4 more than Jack)

Jack Riewoldt admitted he struggled with hub life and was effected by it and concentration on things away from football effected him, I wouldnt be surprised he comes out in 2021 and averages 2 goals a game and im not going to be asking him to retire if he kicks 40+ goals a year

Jack has 2 more years and that gives us time to find his replacement for 2023 season
Im pretty sure JR was contracted to the end of 21. In which case got we have to think about contact extensions. RFC style is one year which I am happy about. CJ to play every possible game so we can get an idea of his level. His endurance etc. CJ didn't look bad against Essendon. CJ isn't as quick as JR or Chol and maybe we have to go to FA for a replacement for Jack. On physical attributes, Balta would be great

Last edited:
Im pretty sure JR was contracted to the end of 21. In which case got we have to think about contact extensions. RFC style is one year which I am happy about. CJ to play every possible game so we can get an idea of his level. His endurance etc. CJ didn't look bad against Essendon. CJ isn't as quick as JR or Chol and maybe we have to go to FA for a replacement for Jack. On physical attributes, Balta would be great

In the 'It's good for footy' podcast recently Jack said older players retiring in 2 years, where he included himself in that group. SO I'm guessing that his thinking is basically end 2022 - depending on body and form obviously. We haven't got alto of time to get a replacement. But maybe end 2022 we are lining someone up

Big Ben Griffiths makes a HUGE comeback to AFL!

He also played 3 or 4 more games than all those blokes. Hopefully CCJ can come in and allow Jack to play as a 3rd tall and take some pressure off. There were times last year where he wasn't even trying to mark the ball and just wanted to knock it on every time. It works sometimes but * me if you can get 2 hands to it try marking the ******* thing.

With his smarts I think he'll be serviceable at worse right up to retirement....

Jack'll be fine. He didn't want to be there in 2020. I reckon he'll tear it up in 21. He's now our 3rd threat up forward. If we play relatively well JR will score quite heavily I suspect. And he'll probably be more involved in general as he moves away from being the main target to being a more general forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Jack, but no way he even plays every game this year.

Even playing second fiddle he will still need a break along the way.

It's great we are in a position that we don't need him to play every game anymore either!
Jack needs 17 games to get to 300 which is the main target. Last year Edwards and Houli played good football when they returned to the team after parenting leave. They both looked fresh. I'd like Cotch. JR, Dave all managed a bit this year. Sheds looks in great nic, but maybe benefit from another reduced load.

I’d there an update on these guys? I’m trying to remember when they made a decision on Stack

Looking back at articles it looks like we signed him around the 2nd week of February.

Currently, the list is the fourth oldest. However, it is also the equal smallest.

If two young players are added, the average age will drop into the 24 yrs 10 mths range. Will still be the fourth oldest, but arguably in the middle group, with St Kilda, Geelong and WC the outliers in the 25 yr bracket (in that order - 1st to 3rd) and Adelaide, GC and North (possibly Essendon as well) in the 23 yr bracket.

Really well-placed given the depth and draft hand. Nail the two supplementaries and the list management is going to be awfully difficult for all the non-awful reasons.

Currently, the list is the fourth oldest. However, it is also the equal smallest.

If two young players are added, the average age will drop into the 24 yrs 10 mths range. Will still be the fourth oldest, but arguably in the middle group, with St Kilda, Geelong and WC the outliers in the 25 yr bracket (in that order - 1st to 3rd) and Adelaide, GC and North (possibly Essendon as well) in the 23 yr bracket.

Really well-placed given the depth and draft hand. Nail the two supplementaries and the list management is going to be awfully difficult for all the non-awful reasons.

Do those stats include Mate Colina?

Any updates or inside word on how they’re travelling?

Tony "Colonel Sanders" Jewell was a surprise guest yesterday. They did about 20 mins of run throughs, then a bunch of tuck jumps, star jumps and sit ups, and then about 30 mins of circle work and finished off by holding bricks above their heads. The guys look good and most of them hung around for end to end pack kicking. JR took a screamer over Meatball. Think they went to the Royal for lunch after, not sure. Pot and parmie special was on and Balmey seemed keen.

Last edited:
Jack needs 17 games to get to 300 which is the main target. Last year Edwards and Houli played good football when they returned to the team after parenting leave. They both looked fresh. I'd like Cotch. JR, Dave all managed a bit this year. Sheds looks in great nic, but maybe benefit from another reduced load.
If the banners are allowed back Jack might be able to run through something like this

Mansell would be a good fit for Richmond's speed and bustle game style. He reminds me of Matt Whelan who was another who came from interstate (Darwin) and played a season or two with WWT Eagles in the SANFL before going on to the AFL (Melbourne). Small in stature, but tough, desperate and speedy with reasonable skills. It sounds like Mansell will play with the Eagles if not selected by Richmond. From an Eagles point of view that will be great - but will watch his AFL career with interest if given a chance.

Back