Coach Support a Carlton coach for once?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the clarification i agree with most of that other than the older players or some in particular Murphy and Casboult .
Given the mature aged players we have recruited over the past 2 years i have no reason to believe we would miss murphs contribution to the side at all .
Easily covered imo .
Cas is a different story being the second ruck but his form has been very ordinary which i now believe Harry needs to start to do some rucking atleast in the short term .
His bodywork up forward is generally poor falls to ground way too easily a bit of ruck bodywork may actually do him some good .
Possibly a more adequate time to implement this is when TDK is up and about .

TDK is a big out for us; we could really use a ruck/forward at the moment.

I think Cas, Murph, Curnow and Betts need to show more to warrant being at the club next year. Happy with all those players in moments but they need to be more consistent or we should rotate youngsters and keep competition for spots at a premium until someone can impose them self.

Because 80% of our lists best position is unaccountable one way running HBF, and there's only 2 of those on the park at once.

He's got no choice but to try them elsewhere
And yet we continue to play samo there. A guy for whom HBF is definitely not his ideal position.

I like teague and want him to succeed, but he seems to have the tactical nous of a bar of soap. He is also unwilling to drop senior players that a sub par in important areas. Unless we get him some help with better assistants and a senior assistant, he's done for.

He also needs to stop saying s**t like you can't question their effort after the Collingwood game and results aren't important. This isn't the mighty ducks, results are what matters most.

Because 80% of our lists best position is unaccountable one way running HBF, and there's only 2 of those on the park at once.

He's got no choice but to try them elsewhere.

Teague took the lazy path when he got the job. Instead of correcting and re-educating like Bolton wanted to he did the whole "let the Boyz play" thing, which is why for the 20th straight year we still kick blindly like under 18s footy.

Yes or unaccountable attacking mid, and not everyone can be that.

If we played everyone in the position they were best at or liked most, we have about 10 guys playing on ball all the time, 5 unaccountable half back/wingmen, and maybe 2 guys to do some hard stuff and a few KPPs.

If the next 4 games or so are beltings of over 40 points, which is not improbable, Teaugy’s position may just be untenable and could be gone by 2nd half of the season.
David needs to be more reactive and inspire change.

While we have been underwhelming, considering we have only lost one game by more than 40 since Teague has taken over, seems unlikely we will begin to get flogged every week.

Only way is if there is player mutiny and/or further injuries.

I think Cas, Murph, Curnow and Betts need to show more to warrant being at the club next year. Happy with all those players in moments but they need to be more consistent or we should rotate youngsters and keep competition for spots at a premium until someone can impose them self.
Murphy and betts should retire regardless of how they perform this year.

On current output they should've retired last season.

Last edited:
Blind support of a coach just because he's the coach of your team isn't a good idea, however quick dismissal of a coach isn't either.

I think with Teague it's tricky because we have to remember the club didn't really want to hire him in the first place, it was overwhelming fan pressure and media pressure that got over the line. Now perhaps fans are seeing why.

That's my personal feeling anyway, I was certainly on the Teague train but now I'm given pause, and maybe thinking board members of the club know more about picking a coach than I do.

But next time we're looking for a coach I'll certainly pick the right one and the board will be fools again 👍

Murphy and betts should retire regardless of his they perform this year.

Its a long season but I reckon they might if they can't get more out of their bodies.

I think maybe a reset on our mind set. So hire a psychologist for our COACHES and players. Getting on the same page especially with a defensive outlook.

One in all in never say die attitude. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link mantra. Yeah that sort of mentality. Every player regardless of ability is equal and must be accountable to and for each other. If you are a pretender then you should be shown the door regardless of who you are.

Come on Teaguey you can do it. Because at the end of the day it starts and ends with you.

Just go back to the basics and pick your best starting 4 in the middle, then their rotations. Only select players prepared to run and tackle for 4 quarters. Sick of all these front runners that get cheap possessions against injury-riddled GCS & Freo, but go missing against quality opposition. Time for Teague to become a 100% bastard, and let his players know about it.

And yet we continue to play samo there. A guy for whom HBF is definitely not his ideal position.

I like teague and want him to succeed, but he seems to have the tactical nous of a bar of soap. He is also unwilling to drop senior players that a sub par in important areas. Unless we get him some help with better assistants and a senior assistant, he's done for.

He also needs to stop saying sh*t like you can't question their effort after the Collingwood game and results aren't important. This isn't the mighty ducks, results are what matters most.

Teague is the best game day coach I have seen in ages - even during the worst 5+ goal runs he manages to claw his way back, he always identifies the issues and fixes them and makes a bold play for victory.

I would see Lyons, Voss etc come in for coaching the players during the week and Teague as tactical game day coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just go back to the basics and pick your best starting 4 in the middle, then their rotations. Only select players prepared to run and tackle for 4 quarters. Sick of all these front runners that get cheap possessions against injury-riddled GCS & Freo, but go missing against quality opposition. Time for Teague to become a 100% bastard, and let his players know about it.

We would get smashed - completely obliterated. You post this simplistic view of footy - smash hulk. Doesn't work like that.

Teague is the best game day coach I have seen in ages - even during the worst 5+ goal runs he manages to claw his way back, he always identifies the issues and fixes them and makes a bold play for victory.

I would see Lyons, Voss etc come in for coaching the players during the week and Teague as tactical game day coach.
At least we haven't had a 5 goal against run on this year (media then changed the narrative to 5 goal swing not a continuous swing)

Murphy and betts should retire regardless of his they perform this year.

Absolutely. They are a MASSIVE liability. I have yet to see either of them perform anywhere NEAR their historical best - and the best contribution either of them has made would be about 60% of what a hard running 22 year old would offer.

Between the two of them they remove an entire player from our team every week. Its infuriating they are there.

I feel Eddie is getting games for marketing, debt release / revenue etc. Owies kicks 2+ goals every single week, 4 on the weekend. Philp and Cuningham are tearing it up - nope, Eddie and Murphy.

I don't see it but may be wrong. I recall his first game against Brisbane, they dominated on the back of Lachie neale. At half time teague decided to tag him, we came back and won. I think he was about the 26000th person at the ground that day to realise we needed to tag neale.

I think our comebacks are (were) more about our players lifting for teague than the flow being changed by his tactical flexibility. That combined with oppenents taking their foot off the gas.

Three of those guys are gone next year I'd imagine, the only one who may play another year would be Ed Curnow.

Levi will likely get 1 year deal as insurance.
Curnow I could see playing on for 1 more year.
Murphy and Betts should be gone by next year.

If Murphy + Betts still playing next year I'd be deeply concerned as it means the youngins aren't developed enough to push them out.

Three of those guys are gone next year I'd imagine, the only one who may play another year would be Ed Curnow.

Ed is certainly the front runner of that group but we are stacked with young midfielders.

Levi will likely get 1 year deal as insurance.
Curnow I could see playing on for 1 more year.
Murphy and Betts should be gone by next year.

If Murphy + Betts still playing next year I'd be deeply concerned as it means the youngins aren't developed enough to push them out.

We don’t really have young small forwards developing though. Gibbons and Fisher have had their moments but I see them suited somewhere closer to the middle.

I agree with Cas; he will need to show more though.

Seems people are losing their minds again after losing to a premiership contender and going 2Ws and 3Ls. Looks eerily similar to when we sacked a club great who won more games as coach than he lost.
Will we ever learn?

There's nothing to gain by sacking a coach now and everything to gain by showing support.
Maybe instead of crying about a loss to a premiership contender we should be trying to show a bit of tolerance, support and solidarity?

Or is that something that only the good club's and their supporters do?
Na na na, this tripe has been going on way to long and enough is enough.

You can't keep turning a blind eye to this feeble rubbish.

I can smell what we are cooking and it smells a lot like road kill served with a side of vommit with dog turd gravy.

It's time to draw a line in the sand.
Ask the players and the coaches this simple question - Are you with us or against us?

No! - The door is over there mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back