Supporter Culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't the power fans the loudest ? Theres only a couple of bussloads at victorian games but they keep up that stupid pew-ER, pew-ER, Pew-ER almost all the game. If they ever got to a final in melbourne I'm sure they would drown the locals in noise.

Empty vessel make the most noise. Why is it that alot of Richmond supporters are missing their front teeth ?

I had the pleasure of attending a Fremantle home game two years ago (against Sydney in the driving rain at the WACA) and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

There might not be many Fremantle fans there (the crowd was about 12,000) but they made up for it with their enthusiasm and support.

One big bloke who actually looked like he worked on the docks (obviously a bit of a Spider Burton fan too) yelled out to the interchange players as they came off before the start of the game, that if the coach dragged "Spider" they were to refuse to go on the field in protest. They heard!

At one stage a Freo forward 40 metres out was lining up for goal. The same bloke yelled in a booming voice "Kick it to Spider". Spider was at centre-half back at the time.

The anchor routine at the start of the game was very effective and their club song suits the atmosphere. After seeing that the Freo Heave Ho tune became one of my favourites (before that I hated it).

Maybe you had to be there to appreciate it?

Adelaide --->Moronic bastards who get thrills outta damaging opposition supporters cars and are forgetting that their back to back premiership T-Shirts are now selling in the Reject Shop for 5 bucks!

Brisbane--->Love their players waaaaaay too much

Carlton--->Arrogant blue Hyandai driving wogs who can't unglue the mobiles from their heads (let's hope brain cancer will set in eventually) U can tell they'd really rather be at the soccer

Collingwood--->Crazy, rough around the edges but always faithful and will do anything for their club as they long for the memories that once were

Essendon--->Slick smartmouths who should thank their lucky stars that they haven't had to put up with a lot of the s**t other poor clubs have seen.

Fremantle--->Don't even know what their Freo rugby tops represent they just like the colours but those who do are waaaaaaay too obsessed with beating the West Coast Eagles.

Geelong--->Like a bunch of cattle following one another, redhaired sissys!

Hawthorn--->Never seeen so many disabled stickers in the MCG carpark at any other team, shitest colours in the league and after a win in round 1 they think they've got the premiership covered. Harp on the 80's like a broken record!

Kangaroos--->Seem nice but need a few lessons on how to behave like fools at the footy

Melbourne--->Stick to themselves but friendly, tarten rug, thermos carrying Landrover drivers definately who need to get over Gary and Todd and Jimmy!

Port Power--->God do they have any supporters oh yeah only them ones who were formerly Crows supporters but swithced to Port because they were a 'new' team or those ones who claim they supported them when they were Port Magpies when really they never heard of them back then.

Richmond--->Bald, greasy old bastards who spill their beer all over ya and could do with trading in their old woolen ball collecting guernseys

St.Kilda--->Boring, stuck-up, very ignorant, think Robert Harvey, Stewie Loewe and good old Burkie will be around for ever and always seem to ignore the fact that the club has a very poor history! oh yeah and they think their team is too good for individuals like Spider!

Sydney--->Way too nice and u need panadols when sitting next to them squawking and gossiping while they do their knitting at the footy, need lessons on how to start brawls with other cheersquads instead of complimenting them and their players.

WestCoast--->Mean and stick together, can come up with some good comebacks to match the Pies supporters at times when they r not obsessing over the last time they one the WA derby

Western Bulldogs--->Overweight ppl on powertrips, thinking they run the whole club and own the players but some can be nice

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

Tiger tank

Yeah, the numbers are low but I can really only compare them to the eagles fans.And it has been well documented that dockers fans are far louder.

As far as the song,at first I hated it but it has this beat that really revs you up, unlike many other club songs that almost sound like folk songs or even country music.And again the anchor routine, at first seemed ridiculous, but also adds to reving the crowd
up

Question
Does any other club have a routine like that before the match?????????

spidey
Congratulations, you have probably now become enemy no.1 to the supporters of the other 15 clubs on this board.
Mags has called a truce, why don't you.

------------------
Mantis

Saint Kilda boring ?

North Melbourne 'seem nice'

Hawthorn 'disabled stickers'

Carlton 'Hyundai driving wogs'

Sydney 'knitting'

Western Bulldogs 'overweight on powertrips'

hmmmmm
Hey spidergirl we have done all this before on the thread called 'AFL supporters' started by GoCatsGo

... and we did with far more wit and intelligence without resorting to this kind of cheap dumb abuse than you would ever learn in a lifetime.

Not only was your post above completely innaccurate it was also pretty abusive and at the end of the day just plain DUMB.

back to the drawing board

Spidergirl! Carlton supporters Hyundai driving wogs? Funny that. I don't drive a Hyundai and I am a 4th generation Australian. So that was a stupid statement you made, wasn't it?
BTW when are you going to learn that racists(like your good self) are uneducated morons who live a very sad existence. Get a life and get an education!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately a lot of what you've said about my club's supporters is true. The admin only value the rich corporate people, so they become the main influence, and give the rest of us (we are certainly NOT all like that though) a bad reputation. I hate it. Getting rid of them is about the only positive I can see coming from our forthcoming poor form....
frown.gif

Freo fans are feral and tribal, but in a good way. Although with the money jumping off our bandwagon, they'd better look out. I mean, the rich have to be 'seen' somewhere, don't they? And Glory and Wildcats both finish in summer.....

racist ha? i dont think so coz i am half wog so i can say it.

disabled stickers? well i aint knocking em coz i got heaps of disabled mates!

....i am just saying how i see the clubs supporters in general and if u don't like it then bad luck tell us how find the 16 clubs supporters then!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

Carlton supporters are the 'fattest' in the league

Reason ?

In 1999 at waverley they played the hawks and the official crowd was approx 45,000

But there were no spare seats anywhere - I had to sit right at the back !

So either they are all fat or the AFL doctors the figures - they wouldn't do that would they ?

Let me set a few things straight. I do not drive a Range Rover, I do not have a tweed jacket, I do not have leather patches on my jacket, I do not take a tarton rug to the footy, I don't go skiing during the footy season, I do not drive a Range Rover and I am over Todd, Garry and Jim. Why everyone thinks that all Melbourne supporters have these characteristics is beyond me.

Teddy3 - I am agahst that your mummy forces you to watch such a violent game like Aussie Rules!

All those big bad Lions doing those nasty things to other players.

Oh my - mabye Libba or Wallis or Mick Martyn or any other number of AFL angels can give you counselling so you can get over your dizzy spells...

Hey - guess what

ALL SUPPORTORS ARE THE SAME!!!

* they all think they are right
* they all think the opposition fans are ignorant
*they all think the umpires are stupid & biased
*they all think Ch7 has a vendetta against their team
*they all think the AFL has a vendetta against their team
* they all think their team has the most tradition
*they all think their home ground is the best
* they all think their list is "balanced & exciting"
*they all get excited around March "this is our year"
*they all complain about memmbership renewal hikes
* they all think their team wears the best colours
* they all hate good players from opposition teams
* they all cheer a good win from their team
*they all come back for more even if their team loses....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back