Universal Love Supporting Our Players

Remove this Banner Ad

So I’ve had a thought that with Covid affecting a lot of businesses, especially the small ones, what’s everyone think about supporting some of our players businesses. For example if your a wine drinker why not buy and try some that Dylan Grimes company Mount Macedon Winery make if you have the the money and haven’t tried it yet. Or a T-shirt from Lambert & Broads clothing company Spruced Vintage. Or buy Pickett’s new book if that’s your thing.

I understand money is tight for a lot of people and buying Premiership memorabilia takes precedence 😉 but maybe if your in the market for say wine you might try Mount Macedon Wineries range 😁.

So I’ve had a thought that with Covid affecting a lot of businesses, especially the small ones, what’s everyone think about supporting some of our players businesses. For example if your a wine drinker why not buy and try some that Dylan Grimes company Mount Macedon Winery make if you have the the money and haven’t tried it yet. Or a T-shirt from Lambert & Broads clothing company Spruced Vintage. Or buy Pickett’s new book if that’s your thing.

I understand money is tight for a lot of people and buying Premiership memorabilia takes precedence 😉 but maybe if your in the market for say wine you might try Mount Macedon Wineries range 😁.
Great Idea. Support our players, but dont forget to support your local business. swap the maccas run for your local restaraunt.

Maybe support the local businesses as a preference - the players will struggle through with their $200k-$900k annual salaries.
It’s more that these businesses have workers they need to pay especially Dylan. I get what your saying but that’s not really the point of the thread. If your not a fan of supporting our players businesses that’s fine but maybe this isn’t the thread for you.

Yeah I'm def gona buy some wine from Grimesy's joint and give it out to staff as Xmas gifts.

Good idea on the other ones though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He was on 80 and forced to lose 50 percent ? Corona

Maybe his base is that, though as I understand it, his contracted base as a rookie is allowed to be above the minimum, so could easily have been $200k or so, less the COVID discount. But then there would be extra payments built into his contract for games played and other achievements, as well as match payments.

I am just surmising here but I would be very surprised if he has been paid less than $150k after the COVID discount, and all expenses paid for the family in QLD as well. Put it this way, I saw the miniPicketts wearing some pretty snazzy looking trainers when they joined their dad in collecting his Premiership medal.

Whatever is the case, I hope his book does really well, I expect it to create a lot of interest. I see people like Marlion Pickett as being able to do a lot of good in this country. It is needed.

Maybe his base is that, though as I understand it, his contracted base as a rookie is allowed to be above the minimum, so could easily have been $200k or so, less the COVID discount. But then there would be extra payments built into his contract for games played and other achievements, as well as match payments.

I am just surmising here but I would be very surprised if he has been paid less than $150k after the COVID discount, and all expenses paid for the family in QLD as well. Put it this way, I saw the miniPicketts wearing some pretty snazzy looking trainers when they joined their dad in collecting his Premiership medal.

Whatever is the case, I hope hjis book does really well, I expect it to create a lot of interest. I see people like Marlion Pickett as being able to do a lot of good in this country. It is needed.

His kids can't eat shoes

45k even with match bonus is pretty tough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kids can't eat shoes

I love the idea of supporting Marlion by buying his book. As I wrote in my last post, I also think it will be a book worth reading, and that would go for all Australians.

But he will do alright. This season he has played 19 matches, and I presume his match payments from that will be over $50k for a start. In a normal year it would be $4k per game I think. But in his contract would certainly be bonuses for playing x and y amounts of matches.

Beyond that he is about to be signed for two further seasons if reports are correct, and he is likely to now be on $250-300k per season. Then after that all going well I could see him getting another couple of single season contracts at least. And due to his profile and character he will be in demand post career for certain employment opportunities.

He will do alright out of it all and so he should, he deserves to. He is rock solid for us, will get better and clearly is prepared to do whatever it takes to get the best out of himself for our club.

And did not get gov support, cause ScoMo is a moron?

And the club can't overly support him due to salary cap cheating?

Post 2474 has the article
Well, that might be what is on paper mate don't assume they don't get looked after in other ways.

His kids can't eat shoes

Match "bonus"? Pretty sure match *payment* is $5k per game. He played 19 this season, so there's ~$100k on top of his base contract. Easily earnt $150k+ even with Covid discounts, I'd imagine.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

For the slightly younger demographic maybe

this is kane Lambert and Nathan Broads clothing company
Mostly vintage us sport and lifestyle tee shirts

Started the Marlion Pickett book - better than Lord of the Rings so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back