USA Supreme Court of America ( SCOTUS) and their extremist right wing agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

If the 6 extremists judges are locked in for decades a lot of people would think assassination is the only way to stop the madness.
Biden needs an alternative plan. I like AOC's plan to impeach them for perjury.
If an eco-warrior tries do them in it would not surprise me.

Time to pack that mother*in court - it's a crumbling shithole of a country anyway.

Another reminder that we still have a lot to be thankful for compared with them. I doubt anyone could name more than 1-2 of our justices, and at least ours retire before they're decrepit and near-bedridden.

If the 6 extremists judges are locked in for decades a lot of people would think assassination is the only way to stop the madness.
Biden needs an alternative plan. I like AOC's plan to impeach them for perjury.
If an eco-warrior tries do them in it would not surprise me.
good thing he had the right to own/carry a gun...

I read somehwere that there are 9 supreme court judges as there used to be 9 circuit courts, but now there are 13 circuit courts. Not 100% sure what any of that means, but is there a chance Sleepy Joe adding another (takes of shoes to count) 4 judges of his choosing.

There’s even worse coming.

The USSC has chosen to hear a case (no doubt because they want to rule in its favour) to basically let GOP controlled state legislatures do whatever they want with voting. No court could touch them.

Remove big blocks of voters (urban areas which favour democrats)? Done

Put whatever restrictions they want to favour the GOP? Done

Even worse, if places like Georgia or Arizona in a Presidential election go for the Democrat the state GOP legislature can rule the vote invalid and award that state’s electorate votes to the Republican? Done. 100% legal.

There is no more separation of powers, which essentially means they are no longer a democracy, it's just a charade. GOP has successfully rigged/stacked the judiciary with partisan operatives to do their bidding, it is now a far right authoritarian theocracy

While Joe Biden and democrats have no appetite to actually oppose any of this coup, the Christian far right will get worse unopposed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no more separation of powers, which essentially means they are no longer a democracy, it's just a charade. GOP has successfully rigged/stacked the judiciary with partisan operatives to do their bidding, it is now a far right authoritarian theocracy

While Joe Biden and democrats have no appetite to actually oppose any of this coup, the Christian far right will get worse unopposed

Amazing how quickly it's happened.

I know the groundwork for much of this goes back as far as Reagan, but the last 7 years have turbocharged things beyond what anyone could have imagined; from being a flawed, but very stable and predictable democracy that had just passed SSM, all the way to a "make your exit plan to get out of the country soon as you can" situation (especially if you're LGBT)

Michelle Obama said “When they go low we go high”.

Big mistake. The Democrats want to be all polite while the GOP is willing to go so low they’ll cut the Democrats off at the knees.

It’s time for someone with guts to stand up.

This happened once before. 1900-1930s the US Supreme Court was stacked with conservatives overruling any piece of marginally leftist legislation from the bench. It ended when someone stood up to them (ironically FDR) who threatened to expand the court unless the judges pulled their heads in and stopped ruling his New Deal policies unconstitutional.

Only problem is there isn’t a single Democrats with the guts or fortitude of FDR out there today. Maybe Bernie, but the DNC will never let him get close to leadership

Michelle Obama said “When they go low we go high”.

Big mistake. The Democrats want to be all polite while the GOP is willing to go so low they’ll cut the Democrats off at the knees.

It’s time for someone with guts to stand up.

This happened once before. 1900-1930s the US Supreme Court was stacked with conservatives overruling any piece of marginally leftist legislation from the bench. It ended when someone stood up to them (ironically FDR) who threatened to expand the court unless the judges pulled their heads in and stopped ruling his New Deal policies unconstitutional.

Only problem is there isn’t a single Democrats with the guts or fortitude of FDR out there today. Maybe Bernie, but the DNC will never let him get close to leadership
Re Bernie you are correct. End of the day Dems and their doners have to carry a large part of the blame if it all goes **** up with democracy. Do they just not care? Do silicon valley and Wall Street just think "meh we will just become independent states on the east and west coast if worst comes to worst". I can't think of another reason for their complacency.

Re Bernie you are correct. End of the day Dems and their doners have to carry a large part of the blame if it all goes **** up with democracy. Do they just not care? Do silicon valley and Wall Street just think "meh we will just become independent states on the east and west coast if worst comes to worst". I can't think of another reason for their complacency.

They are doing nothing now because then they can guilt people into voting or donating to them in November saying they might go something later. If they do something now then it might make the need to vote for them redundant.

There multiple things Biden and the Dems could do today. Expand the court, establish abortion clinics on federal land in red states, send free abortion pills to red states, pay for travel costs etc.

They are refusing to do any of them. Nancy Pelosi read out a poem on the day RvW was overturned then sent out a fundraising email.

Amazing how quickly it's happened.

I know the groundwork for much of this goes back as far as Reagan, but the last 7 years have turbocharged things beyond what anyone could have imagined; from being a flawed, but very stable and predictable democracy that had just passed SSM, all the way to a "make your exit plan to get out of the country soon as you can" situation (especially if you're LGBT)
The smarter ones got out early. A mate of mine left the States back in the early 80s. He hated what it had become back then and only saw it getting worse.

i predict this will become the new normal in how to change supreme court justices.

And from a (maybe twisted) moral standpoint one could say
  • the supreme court sees that school shootings are the price of "freedom"
  • the members of the supreme court would have less years of life left compared to the average school shooting victim
  • therefore deaths of supreme court members could be a reasonable price for "freedom"

yes is completely ****ed up thinking, but I suspect there are some on the radial left who may adopt this as the way to get change

Time to pack that mother*in court - it's a crumbling shithole of a country anyway.

Another reminder that we still have a lot to be thankful for compared with them. I doubt anyone could name more than 1-2 of our justices, and at least ours retire before they're decrepit and near-bedridden.
and ours interpret the law as a living document as well instead of being asinine strict constructionalists.

At this point the Republicans could have Biden killed, the Supreme Court would rule it legal, and all that would come of it is Pelosi sending an email out reminding voters this is why you need to vote Democrat in the mid-terms.

At this point the Republicans could have Biden killed, the Supreme Court would rule it legal, and all that would come of it is Pelosi sending an email out reminding voters this is why you need to vote Democrat in the mid-terms.
What a strange thought.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back