USA Supreme Court of America ( SCOTUS) and their extremist right wing agenda.

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Crow I reckon is Thomas was getting stroked like a puppy on his back. The billionaire was buttering him up with the favors, cash, a documentary about what historic guy he is. Crow saw what a mark he was probably at first meeting, and has been reaping the benefits for himself and his conservative pals since.

And Thomas just lapped it up like he was entitled to it, the schmuck.

Not in any way downplaying it, but I’m not sure Crow was reaping the benefits in this way - I don’t think Thomas would otherwise have voted on the Court against the interests of billionaires.

Really, it’s not that dissimilar to a type of corruption we all know and tolerate - that of the ultra wealthy and powerful showering politicians with money to make sure they stay on the side of protecting their interests. Sadly, I suspect nothing will come of this Thomas debacle, and so it will be normalised instead of the outrage growing to question why this is accepted on any of the branches of government.

The reporting is that, while Crow's personal business has not had anything in front of the SCOTUS, the conservative groups he backs have had 'frequent' amicus briefs there. I'd say his politics are reaping benefits. He's a billionaire, probably doesn't need much help in his business, who's being a power player.

I called it, Sen. John Kennedy from Loozee-anna recalled Thomas's 'high-tech lynching' remark when he was grandstanding during the Judiciary Committee hearing on SCOTUS ethics.

All a reasonable, honest mistake in reporting gifts. :rolleyes:

Sadly they really are there for the term of their life:

The Constitution states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour." This means that the Justices hold office as long as they choose and can only be removed from office by impeachment.
They can only be removed through impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction in the Senate.

Sadly they really are there for the term of their life:

The Constitution states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour." This means that the Justices hold office as long as they choose and can only be removed from office by impeachment.
They can only be removed through impeachment by the House of Representatives and conviction in the Senate.
No chance this period although if they go after Ginni it will be interesting

Yes, the White House and the Senate Judiciary Committee have shown no willingness to do anything about it.

Unfortunately, it's shaping to be the tale of this presidency - faced with an increasingly extreme and corrupt wing of government, Biden has been unable to muster any reply, so things have badly regressed and will continue to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam says hold my beer
What a joke, the life tenure and economic security of these judges is supposed to help the remain incorruptible.
Unfortunately it just means the biggest back stabbing, careerist sociopaths make it to the top of the greasy pole.

Only good thing they've managed to do in recent times.

People should get opportunities based on hard work and merit.

When things are simply gifted to you constantly, where the incentive to strive to work hard and get better?

Affirmative Action was just another form of institutionalised discrimination.

Only good thing they've managed to do in recent times.

People should get opportunities based on hard work and merit.

When things are simply gifted to you constantly, where the incentive to strive to work hard and get better?

Affirmative Action was just another form of institutionalised discrimination.
The ruling would have been much more effective if it also included 'legacy admissions'.

So-called "legacy applicants," those who have familial ties to an institution, are still given a measurable edge in the admissions process at many elite U.S. colleges and universities. Some institutions such as Stanford and UNC only take “primary legacy” status into consideration—where one or both of the applicant’s parents are alumni. Yet, most schools will also grant favor to "secondary legacies" who claim a grandparent, sibling, or other non-parental familial affiliation to the school.
While controversial, being a legacy can provide a massive boost to your odds of acceptance. For example, the admission rate for Harvard legacies is over five times that of non-legacies.

Of course exempting the Military as well.

As one SC judge that dissented stated:

Good for the bunker but not the boardroom.

Last edited:
The ruling would have been much more effective if it also included 'legacy admissions'.

So-called "legacy applicants," those who have familial ties to an institution, are still given a measurable edge in the admissions process at many elite U.S. colleges and universities. Some institutions such as Stanford and UNC only take “primary legacy” status into consideration—where one or both of the applicant’s parents are alumni. Yet, most schools will also grant favor to "secondary legacies" who claim a grandparent, sibling, or other non-parental familial affiliation to the school.
While controversial, being a legacy can provide a massive boost to your odds of acceptance. For example, the admission rate for Harvard legacies is over five times that of non-legacies.

Of course exempting the Military as well.

As one SC judge that dissented stated:

Good for the bunker but not the boardroom.
100% agree on the legacy admissions, this should also be abolished, although I can't see that ever going. Too many 'gifts' to people in high places given from those families.

I did find this tweet interesting though:

Is she serious? Black people won't be able to succeed in a 'merit based system'. This is an incredibly demeaning thing to say from a former Biden team member I get that she's white-knighting on behalf of people who should be fighting for their own rights but she's basically said they're incapable compared to other races.

Is this what Democrats really think of Black Americans?

100% agree on the legacy admissions, this should also be abolished, although I can't see that ever going. Too many 'gifts' to people in high places given from those families.

I did find this tweet interesting though:

Is she serious? Black people won't be able to succeed in a 'merit based system'. This is an incredibly demeaning thing to say from a former Biden team member I get that she's white-knighting on behalf of people who should be fighting for their own rights but she's basically said they're incapable compared to other races.

Is this what Democrats really think of Black Americans?

She clarified her statement

I get what she was trying to say, but very clumsy way of putting it.

She clarified her statement if you had bothered to look

Incredibly poorly worded original tweet then and 'merit-based' back when affirmative actions was brought in had completely different meanings than in 2023.

If you're a high profile public figure, you might want to phrase your words in a way the majority of us plebs can easily understand, instead of making a post attempting to sound smart but simply coming off as someone who looks down on black people and their ability to be successful on their own without a leg-up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back