Competitions Sure thing - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Select a team to win, margin and a prediction for a 'headline' about the game. That last bit sounds ambiguous but it just needs to be referring to an event that happens in the game, you don't have to spice it up like traditional news headlines as it can be any type of event AS LONG AS IT IS TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS ON THE FIELD. Your post needs to be submitted 5 minutes before each game starts, any posts later than that (Example 2:08 for a 2:10 game) will not be counted.
POINT AWARDING SYSTEM BELOW

Select the winning team - 3 points
Select the winning team AND correct margin - 25 points
Select the winning team BUT incorrect margin - 3 points

The awarding of points to the headlines will be done as follows. I'll be judging them myself and awarding on a basis of 2-4-8-16 points. Saying something like 'Hogan kicks at least one' is very likely so you'll be on the lower end of the scale at 2 points, saying something like 'Petracca kicks 5+' will be 16 points as that is a pretty outlandish one.

This will be running all year and I will be doing my best to have it up within 5 days of each game. I will go through each thread after the game and quote all posts that earned points, post a leaderboard then post a new thread for the game in the next week. I will also be entering this competition myself but won't be eligible to win.

UPDATED LEADERBOARD

lose 33
DeesFanTheMan 26
LeverPuller 22
00Stinger 19
Sam Holland 14
stretcharmstrong 10
Toump Ass 9
harry000 6
Guy Threepwood 6
Proper Gander 6
Gysberts2Bate 6
TheDarkDwarf 6
KickLongTackleHard 6
PerfectFooty 6
Demonkings 6
Tempy Tiger 6
Sellout Scully 6
Demon 16 6
Canary 6
Tulip 3
CTHORANGE 3
Sir Hugh Percy 3
astrodee 3
schmuttt 3
Deemanding 3
demondavey 3
Sando22 3
CWaffles 3
Willo 17 3

Any questions feel free to put them in below!

My predictions:
Winner - Melbourne
Margin - 9 points
Headline: Petracca 20 and 3

Last edited:
MFC by 16

Titchell with most touches but next 4 highest disposal getters all Melbourne players

Last edited:

Hawks by 24.
Gawn less than 30 hitouts and oMac gets 6 kicked on him.
We'll be there abouts till the early parts of the 4th.

I hope I'm wrong on all the above.

Dees by 24,
McEvoy is a big boy but Gawn is a man,
Gawn - 2 goals, 40+ hitouts, 10 marks.

Dees Win
1 point
Edit: Tom Mitchell get less than 30 but Bernie gives away 3+ free kicks in the process.

Bonus points if someone punches Bernie.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

please no my heart

I know I cant handle it either! But I can see it happening.. we get out to a decent lead, Hawthorn come back in the last.

Dees by seven goals. Our small forwards to go ballistic and kick 10+ goals between Kent, Bugg, Fritsch/Hannan and Jeffy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back