Surefire way to get more out of our coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Five years ago, and you maybe had a point.
No, I disagree. We haven't had an issue all year with running out of legs, and I also don't think that was what happened last night, either. Richmond was just off their game in the first half and we were smashing them in the contest - they turned the tide of it.

People are emotional, we lost a grand final, there's a desire to scapegoat. The worst decisions you ever make are ones when you are emotional.

No, I disagree. We haven't had an issue all year with running out of legs, and I also don't think that was what happened last night, either. Richmond was just off their game in the first half and we were smashing them in the contest - they turned the tide of it.

People are emotional, we lost a grand final, there's a desire to scapegoat. The worst decisions you ever make are ones when you are emotional.
We were flat in the second half, and never looked like getting back in. My opinion is that the intensity of the first blew us up.But typical of that style of frenetic play, we didn't kick enough goals. If you have a replay, watch the faces on the players as they finish the first half. They are stuffed, and that is the most intense I have seen any team at it this year. We jumped Richmond.

Also half time. Our players are all slumped sitting down, while in the Richmond rooms most of the players are standing walking about.

From now on we start coaching/fitness trainers etc contract negotiations the week after grand final week.

Not this mid season bullshit
Rightly or wrong it's done that way so you don't send people home unemployed running up to Xmas.

We were flat in the second half, and never looked like getting back in. My opinion is that the intensity of the first blew us up.But typical of that style of frenetic play, we didn't kick enough goals. If you have a replay, watch the faces on the players as they finish the first half. They are stuffed, and that is the most intense I have seen any team at it this year. We jumped Richmond.

Also half time. Our players are all slumped sitting down, while in the Richmond rooms most of the players are standing walking about.
Strange because I hadn't see that all season even with 5 day breaks.

Strange because I hadn't see that all season even with 5 day breaks.
OK. I noticed it. I noticed the stressed faces on the players as they were coming in, the fact they stopped to a walk with 3 minutes to go, and a few of them slumped on chairs at half time. All of them sitting, I think. Not like that in the Richmond rooms. Guthrie looked really stuffed.

OK. I noticed it. I noticed the stressed faces on the players as they were coming in, the fact they stopped to a walk with 3 minutes to go, and a few of them slumped on chairs at half time. All of them sitting, I think. Not like that in the Richmond rooms. Guthrie looked really stuffed.
Same here I wasn't disagreeing with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - you could see it in their eyes after the break - just vacant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back