Strategy Surely Clarko will allow long sleeves! Post here if you’ve actually played in this kind of weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not footy but I played soccer up in the dandenong ranges a few years back in the middle of a particularly foul patch of sleety snow. Honestly I think more importantly than sleeves are socks/compression; keep your core as warm as possible, and keep the blood flow to your feet going any way possible, changing your kit at every chance you get.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Raiders have played numerous times with frost or snow on the ground - sometimes in negative temperatures. They wear short sleeved jerseys each time. No chance Clarko is going to allow the long sleeves - and nor should he. They’re soft.
Rubbish Ned. There was absolutely nothing soft about Michael Tuck and he wore them his entire career.

Perhaps one of the reasons our team will fail to score 100 points this season for the first time in a fifty plus years is that our players are being forced to act like robots with all the attacking flair sucked out of them. They're football players, not soldiers regardless of how much Clarko wishes they were, and as such deserve the freedom of being able to choose between long and short sleeves.

Rubbish Ned. There was absolutely nothing soft about Michael Tuck and he wore them his entire career.

Perhaps one of the reasons our team will fail to score 100 points this season for the first time in a fifty plus years is that our players are being forced to act like robots with all the attacking flair sucked out of them. They're football players, not soldiers regardless of how much Clarko wishes they were, and as such deserve the freedom of being able to choose between long and short sleeves.

Tucky wore long sleeves? I never knew.

I’m with Clarko. And if any player thinks long sleeves will aid them in any way on a Canberra night in August then they have a rather nasty surprise in store.

Not footy but I played soccer up in the dandenong ranges a few years back in the middle of a particularly foul patch of sleety snow. Honestly I think more importantly than sleeves are socks/compression; keep your core as warm as possible, and keep the blood flow to your feet going any way possible, changing your kit at every chance you get.
Get wet early, particularly if it's not raining and then run around like there's no tomorrow.

I played an away game at Assumption many ( many ) years ago, under 13's... I couldnt see the goals at the other end because of fog. My hands have never been so frozen in my whole life. I never went back and gave up footy at the end of that season.

I used to love the away trips to Assumption. Couple of hours on the bus. Get flogged for a couple of hours. Back home again. Happy days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back