Surely the Bulldogs win is the greatest ever triumph in AFL/VFL history

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I laugh and scoff at attacks on Giants before they have won anything. Pre-emptive strikes to devalue the flag when it comes. More incentive to win one, and to celebrate wildly when they do. It'll be a delicious middle finger presented to the whiners.
Wont make a scrap of difference until they win won about 25 years from now when they are on an even playing field
The fact are the facts they have had more asssistance than any other club in history and no amount of middle fingers will change that

In some ways I think this is why our win resonated with so many neutrals. They had lived through our troubles and remembered how close we had come to the edge.... And its part of why it meant so much to our fans......

Not that any of the GWS millennials would understand that...

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who's you? Soytainly not my beloved Tigers?
You'll be proven wrong when / if Giants make the GF. Their neutral support won't be anything like the Doggies. Dogs had virtually no haters (sans jealous Saints fans called Plugger). Giants already are building a solid base of haters.
Dont confuse people being upset by the overly generous assistance with hating.
I certainly dont hate them but I do hate that the AFL have given them such assistance because it will be many years from now before we can determine if they are a good club or just one that benefited from a huge head start (perhaps go and revisit the Lions history to see what I mean).

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
I wasnt trolling but if i was i could say the net was cast and filled quickly!

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wont make a scrap of difference until they win won about 25 years from now when they are on an even playing field
The fact are the facts they have had more asssistance than any other club in history and no amount of middle fingers will change that
Oh I think a GF can make a big difference. All expansion clubs need assistance. once you go national its a matter of course. level of assistance - there are arguments each way there. My club is the worst performed the last 30 years but cant begrudge new teams in new markets getting start up assistance. they are coming from a long way back.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh I think a GF can make a big difference. All expansion clubs need assistance. once you go national its a matter of course. level of assistance - there are arguments each way there. My club is the worst performed the last 30 years but cant begrudge new teams in new markets getting start up assistance. they are coming from a long way back.
Not suggesting they didn't need assistance just that the level of assistance was OTT

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
LOL!!! Yeah so lucky we had to beat WC in Perth and GWS in Sydney I would hate to be in a year when we are not lucky!!!
Yeah it's just a complete coincidence that both qualifying final winners lost their prelims for the first time in AFL history, in the first year the AFL scheduled a pre finals bye, nothing to see here, except *

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well I'm done with this thread, I've made my points, the fact so many Bulldogs supporters have flocked in here to attack me speaks volumes.

If there was no truth to the fact you were heavily favoured by the umpires you wouldn't be so precious and melty about it, deep down you know the truth.

I'm sure you guys will try and claim a false victory over me now I'm gone.

Adieu
LOL youre the gift that keeps giving

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah it's just a complete coincidence that both qualifying final winners lost their prelims for the first time in AFL history, in the first year the AFL scheduled a pre finals bye, nothing to see here, except *
Yeah and its funny that apparently we were the only team that got the bye!! Damn those AFL honchos rigging the finals, now where is my tin hat!!

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
LOL!!! Yeah so lucky we had to beat WC in Perth and GWS in Sydney I would hate to be in a year when we are not lucky!!!
I think maybe the real reason was that both WCE and GWS (more particularly WCE) under estimated the Bullies. Your team did a good con job the week before going down to Freo the way you did which unfortunately led to some of the players getting a bit above themselves. But no matter what the Bullies deserved their premiership. They were well coached!

All of our opponents went in as favourites, particularly West Coast and GWS on their home grounds :thumbsu:

If they were good enough, they would've won. Bulldogs were the better team in every finals game :D

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon the dogs are a good chance for a Hawthorn-esque 2009 slide from Premiers to out of the finals. Lots of clubs just outside the 8 on the improve and the Dogs have become the hunted. Lots more time will be put into the dogs pre-game than ever before.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon the dogs are a good chance for a Hawthorn-esque 2009 slide from Premiers to out of the finals. Lots of clubs just outside the 8 on the improve and the Dogs have become the hunted. Lots more time will be put into the dogs pre-game than ever before.
I can see them starting off slow, reckon they'll be thereabouts when the whips are cracking though.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You don't think clubs put any time into us this year even after we made finals the year before? I'm confident Bevo will change things up to keep the opposition guessing. Just like he did when he tweaked our game plan all year when we were missing a lot of our players.
We played a completely different game style in finals to what we displayed in the Home and Away year.

Back